6 Namjin (Solely)

Soulmate? No, Thanks.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The year Jin turned 17
"So..." A nervous sounding Yoongi asked the day of Jin's seventeenth birthday.
"Did you have a colour dream?"
Jin bit his lower lip and shook his head. "No.. But it's okay! My soulmate is probably younger than me!" He didn't notice Yoongi's relief.
"You're okay with that?" Yoongi asked.
"Sure, I prefer a younger soulmate, to be honest." Jin said with a smile but Yoongi didn't miss the droop of his broad shoulders and the way his smile never reached his eyes.

1 year and 9 months later.
Jin had spent his whole week working on endless assignments so he was really grateful for the weekend which was coming up. "Finally I can sleep properly." He said to himself as he closed his eyes and tried to fall asleep quickly. Half and hour later he was still awake, staring at the ceiling of his room. His mind was occupied with endless thoughts.
Even though it had been six months since Yoongi had turned 17, he still hadn't had colour dream. As usual, Jin worried more about Yoongi finding his soulmate than he did about himself. Although Yoongi was only a few months younger than Jin, he always felt the need to protect him.
Just as the first wave of sleepiness hit him, a sharp pain in the temple hit him harder, causing him to sit up and groan loudly.
It was really dark in his room so he started groping in the dark for the light switch until a random scenery appeared in front of his eyes.
"Whoa." He said, freaking out at first.
For some odd reason, he was standing in front of a shimmering blue lake just before twilight, the last rays of sunlight making the sky pink, which was his favourite colour. Then he looked down and he saw a red coloured lollipop in his hand. His hand was also different_
Wait a minute. Shimmering blue lake? Red Lollipop? Pink sky?
He had two thoughts at once.
"Am I going mad?" Was the first one.
The image wouldn't go away and it was more colourful than any dream Jin had had before, so he ruled out the possibility that he was somehow dreaming while he was wide awake.
Jin hadn't been told by anyone that he was mad so far, (Yoongi said it occasionally but it was Yoongi, who genuinely believed everyone except himself was mad) so he finally allowed himself to consider the other, exhilarating possibility which was pretty obvious by this point.
"Am I dreaming my soulmate's dream?! Are you a girl? Are you a boy? What is your name? Where are you from? Did you turn 17 today? You're Virgo? I'm Sagittarius_ am I talking too much? Can you hear me?"
He shut up when he realised that even if his soulmate heard him, he couldn't answer.
His soulmate.
"You made me wait for so long.." He whispered fondly.
He tried to keep silent and just see his soulmate's dream but failed miserably.
"Do you like eating? I love eating. What about Mario? Have you ever played Mario? What's your favourite colour? I love pink. Who's your best friend? Have you been abroad? Do you like seaweed soup? I can make it for you some day! What languages do you know? Are you Korean? I'm Korean!! Do you even understand Korean?! What if what I'm saying makes no sense to you?! I don't know much English_ please learn Korean! Have you heard of...."
He only fell silent when he finally began to become drowsy.
"Please don't be mad at me for talking too much.. I'm so excited to have you! You're a boy, aren't you? Your hand looked like a boy's_ oh my god. Please don't be a girl! Any girl would hate a guy who thought her hands are manly.. I'm such an idiot!" He whispered. "Please don't hate me, okay?"
Finally he said what he had wanted to say first. "Happy birthday."
He would tell Yoongi as soon as he could!

Namjoon's 17th birthday
"Happy Birthday, man." Namjoon's best friend Jackson said over the phone.
"Thank you!"
"Why are you still awake?" His friend asked.
"You asked me to stay awake, idiot."
"Oh yeah... Did you have a colour dream?"
"Nope, not as of yet."
"Good night then! Listen carefully for your soulmate!"
Namjoon didn't bother to say that he wouldn't exactly be conscious while dreaming.
"You're still treating us tomorrow, right?"
"Yes, you freeloader, I am. Go sleep."
Namjoon checked his phone and saw that it was 12:30.
"I hope you speak to me." He said, not sure why.
It wasn't like he would have a soulmate for sure...
He sighed and before he knew it, he was asleep and dreaming.
He dreamt in black and white. He was standing in front of the lake he had been to with his parents when he was younger but his parents weren't there with him, only his faithful lollipop was. He had a vague feeling then that a voice was speaking from somewhere. Then he heard him for the first time.
"Am I dreaming my soulmate's dream?! Are you a girl? Are you a boy? What is your name? Where are you from? Did you turn 17 today? You're Virgo? I'm Sagittarius_ am I talking too much? Can you hear me?"
Namjoon wasn't exactly conscious so he didn't know what to make of the voice sprouting so many questions in his head. He decided that he would take a swim in the lake so he jumped into the cool water, swimming methodically, away from land.
He wanted to swim away and not return to reality_
"Do you like eating? I love eating. What about Mario? Have you ever played Mario? What's your favourite colour? I love pink. Who's your best friend? Have you been abroad? Do you like seaweed soup? I can make it for you some day! What languages do you know? Are you Korean? I'm Korean!! Do you even understand Korean?! What if what I'm saying makes no sense to you?! I don't know much English_ please learn Korean! Have you heard of...."
Namjoon returned to the shore and wondered what to do of the constant buzzing in his head.
"Please don't be mad at me for talking too much.. I'm so excited to have you! You're a boy, aren't you? Your hand looked like a boy's_ oh my god. Please don't be a girl! Any girl would hate a guy who thought her hands are manly.. I'm such an idiot!"
Namjoon decided to look for something in the wooden cabin by the lake.
"Please don't hate me, okay? Happy Birthday."
When Namjoon woke up (straight after 8 hours) he decided that he was going to bug the hell out of his soulmate when he fell asleep.
His soulmate's voice was good enough to make him ache from deep within.
He didn't remember a lot of what his soulmate had been chattering about but he distinctly remembered one thing_
You're making seaweed soup for me to make up for all the chatter, hyung. He thought as he finally got out of bed.
He spent the whole day trying to remember every word of the chatter his soulmate had kept up.

For the oddest of reasons, Namjoon's soulmate never told him where he lived. He told him a lot of other things, like how his best friend_ Yoongi, he thought was an incredible person and how after Graduation Jin wanted to take a year off and learn new things. Naturally, it was very hard to remember everything that his soulmate said but this was what he had retained after a WHOLE year.
Namjoon continued to study really hard for his medical entrance exam and after two years, he managed to bag an internship at a well known hospital in Seoul. In those two years Namjoon and his soulmate learnt a lot more things about each other but th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter