Five

Soulmate? No, Thanks.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi and Jimin stared into each other's eyes for one minute straight while Jungkook stared at them like a creep. 

The doorbell rang and Yoongi was vaguely aware of Jungkook opening the door and shutting it.

He could have stared into Park Jimin's eyes forever but he had pressing matters to deal with (including the loud beating of his heart and the red tinge on his cheeks) 

Jimin was finding it hard to breathe at this point because_ why is he staring at me like that_ why am I staring at him like that?! 

 

Taehyung was surprised when Jungkook took his hand and dragged him away from the door, shutting it behind him. 

"I think Yoongi hyung is Jimin's soulmate!" He whispered. 

"What?" Taehyung exclaimed, too loudly, eyes going wide. 

Jungkook nodded eagerly and asked him to be softer, though it didn't matter as the two boys inside didn't even know about their existence at the moment. 

The silence from inside caused Kookie and Tae to smile at each other and  Jungkook's heart fluttered at the sight of Taehyung's incredibly beautiful smile.

The two started walking away from Jungkook and Jimin's apartment.

Both were thinking of the day Jungkook turned 17. 

 

Although Taehyung had always wanted a soulmate, he had thought that he wouldn't have one because everyone in his family was soulmate less_ Not his parents, not his grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins, none of them had dreamt someone else's colour dream.  He had been sure that he too wouldn't have a soulmate and was bothered by the fact that he would have only black and white dreams all his life. People without soulmates were sadly doomed to monochrome dreams all their lives, unlike those with soulmates. This was a fact Taehyung found hard to accept, him being the way he was. He loved colours and every night the lack of colour in his dreams irked him. 

His own life was filled to the brim with colours_ the colour of his hair, for example_ which he changed often to suit his changing moods. 

Taehyung had also honestly believed that he was straight_ until he met Jungkook with his bunny teeth and adorable smile and the way he could be terribly shy one minute and intimidatingly confident the other. 

All this endeared him to Taehyung. 

 

They met shortly after Jungkook turned 16 and since Taehyung had already crossed 17 by then, he believed himself to be one of the unlucky people to not have soulmates. 

He had tried really hard to not like his friend that way but it had been impossible. 

Every time he looked at kookie, he had the kind of urges he had never had before for another boy or girl even. 

Every time he slept over at Jungkook's or went with him to get coffee, he always felt like grabbing his hand so that the girls who saw him would stop giggling (little did he know that they giggled because of BOTH of them) and the boys would stop checking him out. 

 Finally in May that year he had broken up with his girlfriend who had cried a lot, but had also understood without him having to tell her about his growing feelings for his best friend. 

The last thing she had said to him had been "I hope he is your soulmate." 

That was the first time Taehyung had hoped for Jungkook to be his soulmate. 

As September the 1st approached, Taehyung began to feel worse than he had ever felt before. The thought that Jungkook could have a soulmate who wasn't him kept him awake on several nights and he began to spend lesser time with his best friend, who was confused and hurt greatly. 

Even then, Taehyung made up his mind that he would be happy for Jungkook, even if he didn't get to see him as often or had to hear him talk about another person in a voice filled with love and affection. 

So at 11:58 pm on 31st August, Taehyung was wide awake, just so that he could call his best friend and wish him a happy seventeenth. 

Just as his phone indicated that it was the 1st however, he had a sudden headache that caused him to drop his phone and clutch his hair in surprise. Most people would have figured out at once what was happening but Taehyung was.. Well, Taeyhyung and it took him some time to calm down. 

When the pain had subdued somewhat, he realised that he could see himself_ but not like he could in the mirror. It was like seeing himself through someone else's eyes. He was writing an exam and the him who could see him was sitting on the bench beside and staring at himself.

Slowly it began to dawn on him that the person doing the staring wasn't him. 

Once he realised that the version of him which he could see had lilac hair, he had exclaimed loudly saying "I have to dye my hair lilac the next time! It looks so good!" 

But it wasn't until he fell asleep (having tried calling Jungkook only to find that the idiot was asleep) that he heard Kookie's familiar voice, laughing as Taehyung dreamt about unicorns and whales deciding to run the government. 

The next morning he had banged on Jungkook's door till he had opened it, still in pyjamas and with sleepy eyes_

"Why the hell are you here at 7 am, hyung? Let me sleep. It's the weekend too_" And cut off the boy's protests with a kiss. 


Go big or go home, Taehyung had thought. 

Jungkook had stared at him like he was insane, with his doe shaped eyes bulging and pinched himself three times in three different places before shyly asking Taehyung if he would be dying his hair lilac. 

 

"I'll buy you ice cream." Taehyung said suddenly making Jungkook smile wider. 

"Chocolate?" Jungkook asked.

"Whatever you want." Taehyung replied.

"In that case let's go watch a movie. Those two are going to need some time." Jungkook snickered.

"They won't fight, right?" Tae wondered.

"Course not! Yoongi hyung looks like a nervous wreck and Jimin hyung is probably gonna pee his pants or something cause last I checked, he was cowering behind a wall!"  The younger laughed, taking Taehyung's hand in his own and causing a group of girls staring at them to groan. 

 

Yoongi moved closer to where Jimin was standing and in response, Jimin moved so he was completely hidden by the wall. He didn't know why he was hiding from his soulmate when every instinct of his was begging him to go out and hug him. 

The additional distance between them was making Yoongi feel desperate. 

How was he supposed to apologise if Jimin refused to show his face? 

Definitely his apology was worth Jimin showing his angelic face? 

Or not... Guess he would be talking to the wall then. 

 

"Jimin." The pale boy said from outside after a long period of silence during which Jimin's heartbeat slowed down, him assuming that his soulmate had gone away again. 

Jimin's heart jump started (or restarted) at his soulmate's voice. 


His voice is really something, he thought. 

He wondered how his soulmate had found his name. 

He wondered why it sounded so good from his lips. 

He didn't know how to respond so he didn't. 

A soft sigh was heard before a "I'm sorry, Jimin." 

And at once, Jimin's insides turned to liquid and all the resistance he had been building towards the boy (resistance which was practically non existent) melted. 

"My name is Min Yoongi." The boy continued. "My friends call me Suga sometimes." 

Yoongi waited, hoping that Jimin would say something. Finally Jimin did, unable to stay quiet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter