Four

Soulmate? No, Thanks.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Please give him the phone?" Seokjin's voice was heard through the phone, the call being on speaker. 

As soon as Yoongi heard this, he began mouthing words to Hoseok. 

"He's saying he will kill me if I do." Hoseok replied, rolling his eyes at a flustered Yoongi staring at him from across the kitchen table. 

"I promise he won't kill you." Jin replied earnestly.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and mumbled "You don't make promises for me, Jin." To himself before glaring at Hoseok who was offering him the phone. 

"He's picked up a knife." Hoseok announced, for Yoongi had. 

"Don't you dare." Yoongi mouthed, eyes turning into slits. 

"Tell him that I won't bail him out if he kills you." Jin said exasperatedly. 

"Then he will stay in prison happily, he says." Hoseok said in a bored voice. 

Jin was heard making a loud, annoyed noise. 

"Tell him that I won't cook for him ever again!" 

"He is prepared to live on ramen." 

Jin was stumped. This boy is unbelievable.

“He knows he can’t live on ramen!”

“He’s saying he can always try.”

"Tell him that if he doesn't come home in the next twenty minutes, I'm coming there." Seokjin warned before hanging up.

Yoongi turned even paler at those words. 

Hoseok merely tut-tutted at the childish behaviour of his two friends. 

"Go, Yoongi. Talk it out." He said to a Yoongi who looked like he was on the verge of fainting. 

"What do I say? It's taken that  five years to realise that I love him." Yoongi said, pulling his hair in frustration. 

"What do I say? I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier but hey_ you have a soulmate now! Have a nice life with him! Don't worry about me!" he went on, being more expressive than usual. 

Hoseok was silent for a moment as he stared at Yoongi's defeated face. 

"Tell him about Park Jimin." Suggested Hoseok.

Yoongi shook his head at once. He did not want to think about his soulmate right now. 

"You've wasted 5 minutes here." Hoseok said calmly. 

"Alright I'm going, no need to be so rude." Yoongi replied, rolling his eyes and heading towards the guest room to grab his clothes. 

He had no clue how he was going to deal with this. Not once in the last five years had Seokjin given the mildest indication that he knew how Yoongi felt. How had he realised so suddenly? 

Ten minutes later, he found himself staring at the door of their apartment, thinking about how the wood quality was so good. 

The door was suddenly opened by an angry looking Jin. 

He didn't even have to ring the bell for Jin to know he was here. 

"." Jin said before crushing the other in a bone tight hug. 

Yoongi didn't say anything. 

"Why are you avoiding me?" He demanded once he had dragged the other inside. 

"You know." 

"Suga.." 

"Don't say anything." Yoongi warned but Yoongi's threats had never worked on Kim Seokjin. 

He was pulled in for another hug. 

At this point Yoongi's heart was driving him insane. 

"I'm sorry." He said finally and Jin didn't know whether he was apologising for not calling him back, for being in love with him or for not telling him earlier.

Yoongi sat down on the couch.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jin asked, turning to face the younger boy.

Yoongi didn't know how to answer.

Why? Because it was always so clear that you didn't, don't and won't ever feel the same for me.  

"Because I thought I wouldn't have to. I thought.. I thought you would be soulmate. I was wrong." Yoongi said, trying so hard to sound indifferent. 

Jin couldn't believe his years. Why hadn't he seen it earlier? 

"Why didn't you tell me after your 17th birthday?" Jin asked softly, sitting beside Yoongi on their couch. 

He still remembered that day, seeing Yoongi's puffy eyes for the first time. 

"You asked me to wait for my soulmate, so I kept quiet." Yoongi shrugged. 

"For four years?" Jin said exasperatedly.

"Are we going to ignore the fact that you were as blind as a bat for five, not four years?" Yoongi demanded. 

Jin was rendered speechless. 

How had he been so blind? 

Memories started flooding Jin’s mind.

The way Yoongi had looked when Jin had extolled the song he had written, the way he had looked after Jin had asked him who the song was about, the fondness in his eyes when Jin messed up a particular dish, the way he used to crawl into Jin’s bed sometimes, the shocked look on Yoongi’s face when he had told him about his first colour dream, the way he had looked when Jin had started rapping (terribly) or even how quiet he had been the day Jin had finally met Namjoon.

For so long his best friend had managed to fool him into thinking that he was depressed because he thought he didn’t have a soulmate.

Jin was furious with himself. 

He hated himself for all the times that he spokento Yoongi about Namjoon.  

"Yoongi..” Jin whispered, appalled with himself. “I’m sorr_”

"_Do not." Yoongi cut through.

The last thing he wanted was for Jin to feel sorry about not reciprocating his feelings.

"It doesn't matter anymore.” Yoongi said shortly.

“It does matter, if I had known earlier_”

“_Then what? You would have said you didn’t feel the same. We might have even stopped being friends.” Yoongi interrupted.

“You don’t know what I would have said.” Jin replied stoically.

“Why? Would you have said yes? Would we be dating? No. You would still be in love with Namjoon.” Yoongi replied.

Jin was speechless again.

 “Look, you’re a bit of a late current. I don’t feel that way about you anymore. I was pathetic and I am done being pathetic. You met your soulmate and I met mine. Story over." He said in one breath, before getting up and moving in the direction of his room.

"You met_ Yoongi_ WHAT? You met your soulmate?!" Jin asked, his eyes wide open, following Yoongi. 

"Yes."

"When? How?_" Jin exclaimed. 

"_Not now, Seokjin." Yoongi said before slamming the door of his room, leaving Jin standing outside. 

Yoongi didn't understand why the tears wouldn't come.

 

3 weeks later:

"Are you okay? We don't have to go at once_" Taehyung began.

"_Please, I can't spend another minute in the hospital." Jimin protested. 

"Jimin, are you sure?" Jimin's mother asked. Her eyes had finally gone back to their non puffy state. She had cried a lot and Jimin had felt even more like a fool.

"Yes, please let's go." Jimin all but begged. 

His parents had wanted to take him to Busan but he had refused saying that he had missed such a long period of his life, he wasn't going to waste any more by going back to his hometown.

Moreover, he was sure he wouldn’t have any encounters with his soulmate in Busan. 

He was eager to get back to college despite his parents threats that they would take him home if he so much as opened an academic book in the next two months. 

His mother sighed and hugged him again. 

Although hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter