Three

Soulmate? No, Thanks.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi always did his best to avoid strangers, especially sick ones but the minute he saw the bruised boy on the bed, staring at him with his lips parted and his dark brown hair a huge mess, Yoongi felt more assured about his unlike-himself action. The more he looked at the stranger, the more he felt his heart beating faster. 

The reason he had entered had been the look Jin had given him just before walking away. It had shaken him to the core. 

Ignoring his heart and putting on a bored expression, he repeated the question to the dumbstruck boy. 

"Are you okay?" 

The boy on the bed refused to answer. 

Yoongi sighed and continued. "Are you sick?Should I call that grey haired guy?" 

The boy didn't answer at once so Yoongi decided that he must be dumb. 

Whatever, he would call Jin and ask them to get over here before the adorable guy over there died or something. 

He picked up his phone, about to speed dial Jin. 

"Stop!" The boy suddenly squeaked causing Yoongi to look up. That squeak spoke measures. 

His voice sounds strangely familiar.. Yoongi thought. 

Jimin was very, very annoyed. This whole week his voice had been a pitch lower than usual and now, now he had to squeak? 

And why, why on earth was the person in front of him so concerned?Why was Jimin's heart beating so fast? 

"Are you sure, you don't look okay." Yoongi said, not sure why he was so concerned about a total stranger. 

"I'm fine." The boy said, looking away from Yoongi and biting his lower lip.

He's cute, Yoongi thought. Why does he sound familiar? 

"Okay should I get you something?" He wondered aloud. Maybe the boy needed medicine or something. 

"Please go away." Jimin said, trying to hide his face but it was too late_

Even though the last time Yoongi had heard that voice, the same words had been yelled at him, he was sure now. 

Subconsciously he took a step back from the boy. 

"No ing way.." He said to himself. Was it possible? This angelic looking boy_ could it be_ 

The now angry boy snapped at Yoongi. "Get out." 

Yoongi practically ran out. 

 

Jungkook didn't know why Jimin was so down. The older boy had barely said a word the whole day even though Tae and him had done their best to cheer him up. He hadn't smiled at a single joke, not even the hilarious s one that Jungkook had told him. Even Namjoon, the hyung who looked after Jimin's needs had done his best to cheer him up but to no avail. The whole day Jimin had stared at the wall like he was debating whether to hit his head on it. 

Finally at 8, after Taehyung left, Jungkook asked Jimin what was wrong. 

Jimin didn't register the question at first so Jungkook repeated himself. 

Jimin hesitated. What if he had been wrong? What if the pale skinned boy with the y voice was just someone else? But then.. He had run out when he had recognised Jimin's voice too. 

Maybe I'm not good enough, compared to that tall, handsome guy that he likes, Jimin thought. Maybe he was pretending to be concerned. 

"Hyung, what is up? Did you have another colour dream?" Jungkook demanded, unable to sit quiet anymore. 

Jimin scoffed at the thought. "I won't be having any of those colour dreams again." 

Jungkook gasped at Jimin's words, misinterpreting them. "He's not_ he's not dead, right?" 

Jimin wondered if it would have been better if he had been. 

Suddenly he felt intense self loathing at the pit of his stomach. 

He didn't want the cute, pale guy to be dead at all. Even thinking that made it hard for him to breathe. He took a moment to compose himself and then, shrugging to show nonchalance, he said, "He's alive. I met him."

"You met_ you met your soulmate?" Jungkook exclaimed. "In one week?! Oh my god!" 

Jimin ignored the younger's excitement and nodded. 

"What is his name? What does he look like? Is he as tall as me? How is his smile_"

"_Kookie. I don't know his name." Jimin said shortly, leaving Jungkook staring with his mouth comically open. 

"Why? Didn't you talk to him?" Jungkook asked, feeling confused. How could hyung meet his soulmate and not know his name? 

"I did talk to him." Jimin said, looking away. 

"Then?" 

"I asked him to go away." Jimin said in a small voice, making Jungkook roll his eyes in exasperation. 

"Come on, hyung. Why would you do that?" 

Because I like you, you idiot!!! Jimin thought miserably. 

But he knew that wasn't the truth. 

He had asked him to go away because he was embarrassed and jealous. He had wanted to demand then and there as to who was the tall guy and what was his relationship with him.. But at the same time he had been afraid that he had no right to ask anything like that and the answer would hurt him more than it had hurt to hear him saying 'go away'. 

He himself had been terrible to his soulmate too, no wonder he ran away. He had asked him to go away not once but four times now. It would be a miracle if they could even be friends. 

All this was eating away at him so he told Jungkook everything, right from the time he first heard his soulmate's voice to how he had asked him to get out a few hours earlier. 

"I think he is in love with someone else." Jimin concluded, not sure why his heart was so heavy suddenly. 

But it made sense, right? If his soulmate loved someone else, he would naturally hate Jimin for coming into his life and invading his dreams. 

 

Jungkook was trying to hide his amusement. He knew how Jimin felt about him though he didn't have the courage to ask the older boy. Jimin was painfully obvious when it came to how he felt. Jungkook had even spoken to Tae about it, scared that he would be jealous and hate Jimin, but Tae being Tae_ had taken even better care of Jimin because_ "Because he feels the same way I do about you!" 

In fact, he had even gone far enough to say that he had no problem in sharing Jungkook with Jimin, though Jungkook knew that this was a blatant lie. Besides, he had never felt anything but friendly affection for Jimin. 

The reason for his amusement was that though Jimin was hellbent on showing that he didn't really want his soulmate, it was very clear that he clearly had already developed slight feelings for the pale boy he had told him about and now he was jealous, not of Tae but of that tall, handsome boy that his soulmate was in love with. 

"Hyung.. Before Tae met me, he was dating a girl. He didn't even know he was biual.. In fact, they were dating until a few months before I turned 17." Jungkook said finally. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there." Jimin mumbled softly. The enormity of the fact that he had missed one and a half year of his life was beginning to make itself be felt now. 

"Hyung.. I'm sorry I wasn't with you that day." Jungkook said, a lump forming in his throat. 

He could remember that night as if it was yesterday. 

Both Jimin and Jungkook fell silent as they remembered that horrible night but Jimin recovered first. 

"Are you crazy? Did you want to end up like me too?" He demanded. 

Jungkook sighed softly and decided to try something else to cheer up Jimin. 

"As for your soulmate.. Don't worry! Even at first I was worried about me and Tae.. I mean he was practically straight until a few months before but now.. Now I couldn't live without him." Jungkook said, trailing off.  

Jimin felt the familiar pinpricks of jealousy. 

You've been dating for what, two weeks now, he wanted to tell Jungkook but he knew that he was no one to say anything. 

After all, everyone knew that time didn't matter when it came to soulmates. You could have known each other your whole life or never met before, the depth of the feelings were the same. 

All the same, he didn't think he would ever feel the same way for the pale boy as he did for Jungkook. 

When Jungkook left that night, Jimin had the first colour dream of his own.

Unfortunately or fortunately, from the moment you meet your soulmate, the ability to see each other's dreams and speak through them ceases. 

For the first time since he started having the pale boy's dreams, Jimin wished that he could see his dream that night instead of his own, so as to know what he was feeling. 

 

For the first time since Yoongi started living with Jin, he decided to stay at his friend Hoseok's house for the night. Or two..

He did this for two reasons, the first one being that he had met his soulmate, the person who he was supposedly meant to be with. A boy who Yoongi had wished away, ignored and no doubt hurt. It was clear from Yoongi's face that something was wrong and Jin had a way of wheedling out all the things you wanted to keep to yourself. 

The second reason was the text message Jin had sent him an hour after he had returned to their apartment. 

It was very short to be honest but the weight of the words had been enough to drown Yoongi. 

"We need to talk."

And those four words told Yoongi everything. He knew that Seokjin knew. 

So he did the most sensible thing he could. 

He grabbed a bag and packed enough clothes to last him two weeks before calling up Hoseok and going to his place. 

One look at Yoongi's face told Hoseok everything he needed to know.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter