One

Soulmate? No, Thanks.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My soulmate must be an idiot." Kim Seokjin concluded as he scraped the eggs off the pan and into Min Yoongi's plate. 

Yoongi raised his eyebrow, not bothering to comment otherwise. 

"I dreamt that I was standing at the edge of the roof of a high rise building. And you know what my soulmate's voice said? JUMP. He asked me to jump off, Yoongi. What kind of an idiot wants their soulmate to jump off a building?" 

Yoongi chuckled. "Maybe you said something to him that irritated him?" He asked, chewing thoughtfully, hoping he didn't sound too resentful. 

Jin bit his lip and tried to recall his last colour dream. 

In a world where you could see your soulmate's dreams through their eyes and speak to them, it was very important to leave clues about your location. However, 9 times out of 10, you tend to forget whatever happened in your dream_ let alone what your soulmate said to you in it. Jin was sure that he hadn't said anything offensive until he suddenly remembered and laughed loudly. 

Yoongi grimaced and turned to his plate. 

Every night he would wish for a colour dream. Seokjin's dream to be precise, but his wishes never came true.

Maybe his soulmate was dead. 

That was a possibility. 

Sometimes when Yoongi was feeling particularly depressed, he wished that Jin's soulmate would die too. 

"I think he's angry with me because I made fun of his hair colour." Jin said, smiling slightly. 

Though it was impossible to see what your soulmate looked like through their dreams, hair that came in front of their eyes, glimpses of their hands, etc would make an appearance occasionally as you could see everything they could in their dream.

"He dyed his hair grey and I asked him if he was old because I'm not interested in older men. I was joking but it seems I annoyed him." Jin said fondly. "I'll apologise to him tonight."

Seokjin's soulmate was younger than him as he had started seeing colour dreams (the dreams of your soulmate) two years after he turned 17. 

"You do that." Yoongi mumbled, getting up to add his plate to the pile in the sink. For Yoongi, it had already been four years.  

He was startled when Jin grabbed his hand. "Don't worry, I'm sure your soulmate is out there somewhere." Jin said seriously.  

Yoongi shrugged. "My soulmate is probably dead. I haven’t had a colour dream yet." Yoongi said nonchalantly. 

Jin sighed softly as the younger moved away. 

A sudden ache caused Jin to close his eyes. His head was throbbing like crazy and an image was forming behind the closed lids.

He was in a park. 

No, his soulmate was in a park. 

Why is he sleeping at this hour? Jin wondered and chastised himself immediately_ he couldn't afford to annoy his soulmate any more.

"Sorry! I’m so sorry!" He mumbled over and over again, hoping that his soulmate could hear him. Even though you could technically speak to your soulmate in their dreams, not every thought you had was heard. 

Meanwhile, Yoongi was looking at him from the kitchen, rolling his eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter