Chance

Airplane Mode
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning sun shyly shining through the window, makes a black haired guy ; Sungjae—who was in a deep sleep—slowly makes a move and opened his eyes.

He blinked for a several times, adjusting intensity of lights through into his eyes.

He sat on the edge of his bed, he was feeling a bit uneasy. He massaged his temple by himself to get back to his senses. As soon as he fully gained his consciousness, he grabbed his phone, checked it, then...

"WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT TIME IS IT?! I'M GOING TO—NO, I'M ALREADY LATE!" Sungjae exclaimed in panicky. Quickly, he stood up and get his things prepared. He really is in a rush.

Suddenly, his phone rang, it was a call from his manager. Crap, he thought. Carefully, he picked up the call.

"Moshi-moshi, Manager-san. I'm sorry, well yeah, as you already guessed, ehm, I woke up late today, so—uhm, gomenasai," Sungjae blabbered before the manager could say anything.

"Woah, cool it down, kid. I wasn't called you to scolding you. Chill. I was about to waking you up and check up on your condition. Are you okay now?"

"Me? I'm good. Why?"

"Good then," Manager said in relieve.

"Huh? That's all? You aren't mad?" Sungjae asked in a confusion.

"Nope. You right, you are late, but it's okay. Just come here as soon as you're ready, quick get ready, you don't need to join the rehearsal,"

"But why?"

"You were having a fever last night, so I let you rest a bit longer. You don't remember? Last night you were taking your medicine by yourself!"

"Uh... Am I?" Sungjae asked himself, trying to memorized it.

"Yeah. Come faster, I'm going to hang up,"

"Okay," they hung up. Ah, so it was the meaning of my last night dream, would it happens in reality? he imagined, giggled a little.

Aish, seolmayo. There's no way it could happens. Maybe I dreamt it because I missed her, way too much. He shook his head, walked to the bathroom.

-----

"Oppa, irunaa~" a cute voice ringing on his ears, makes him opened his eyes and found out the angel who was wake him up.

"Ah, you?" he called her.

"It's me, Oppa," she answered, gives him the sweetest smile he could ever seen.

He smiled back to her and asked softly, "What's wrong?"

"I should be the one who ask that! What's wrong with you? How can you have a fever like this? You make me worried, you know!" She scolds him, pouted .

He just smiled.

"Here, take your medicine! Open your mouth!" She fed him a medicine and gave you a glass of water.

"Feeling better now?" she asked, he nodded.

"Good, I'll be going then," She leaves him slowly.

"Ah, wait! Err... Is there any chance for me to meet you again?" he asked shyly.

She turned back and nodded, "Soon!"

"As in?"

"Tomorrow!"

-----

Sungjae has arrived on the studio half hour before the show begins. He immediately meet the manager.

"Konnichiwa, Manager-san," Sungjae greeted him politely.

"Oh, Sungjae-san you already here!" the manager brightly welcoming him. Sungjae smiled, "Sorry because I can't attend the rehearsal, Manager-san. You said it's a special day but..."

"Ah, don't mind that. I know you're an expert MC, here, you can just read the script," the manager handed him a script. "Now, just go to the make up room, the show will begin shortly, you better get changed and get prepared."

Sungjae nodded and bowed politely. He headed straight to the makeup room.

-----

"Konnichiwa minna! Back again with us, Yook Sungjae and my partner—"

"Miyano Yuriko!"

"In Japan's most popular music showcase!!!" the music show started with their overly cheerful mood. It's their work's demand as an MC.

Yes, Miyano Yuriko is Sungjae's work acquaintance as an MC in Japanese Music Show. She is 26 years old, four years older than Sungjae. Yet because her big eyes and thin plump lips, she looks much younger. Nevertheless, Sungjae still feels awkward, either because of he's well mannered guy or he's protecting someone's feelings.

"The fall season has already started, so it's a bit cold outside, right, Sungjae-san?"

Sungjae simply nodded, "That's right, Yuriko-san, but don't worry, we already prepare some performance that would warming up your day! So, don't go anywhere, stay tune with us!" he said cheerfully.

Yuriko smiled. "But Sungjae-san, today is a special day. Do you know why?" she asked.

Sungjae instantly shook his head. He hadn't read the script so he was really have no clue about that. Fortunately the script told him to do so.

"Aaah, how could you not knowing this, Sungjae-san? We got a new guest today, it's from your country, South Korea~" Yuriko .

Sungjae frowned, now it's really getting on his curiosity. Holding himself from flipping the script to know the answer. "Ah, I really have no clue, can you please tell me, Yuriko-san?"

"It's no fun if I just tell you right away! Let me give you more clues, they're a girlband with five members, and they are so beautiful and popular. I bet you are absolutely know them!" Yuriko lifted her right eyebrow playfully.

Sungjae gulped.

There's no way it's them, right? No, no I must be wrong. What am I just thinking?

"Why taking so long? It's so easy, Sungjae-san! Ahhh really, it's Red Velvet! Red Velvet!"

Along with Yuriko's laughter, Sungjae froze.

Does she mean.... That Red Velvet I know? That Red Velvet who debuted in 2014 with Happiness as their debut song? That Red Velvet who did their second comeback with Ice Cream Cake song? That Red Velvet who have Bae Joohyun, Kang Seulgi, Son Seungwan, Kim Yerim, and—Sooyounga as their members?

B-but, there's no other group called Red Velvet besides them...right?

Sungjae conflicting on his own mind, forgetting the fact he's on the live show. Yuriko nudges him, reminding him to read his part.

"Aaah~ Red Velvet! Of course I know them! Who doesn't anyway? But, what are they going to perform today?" Sungjae read his script aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter