Act 5 : Plan

Good for you

 

Moonbyul came back to their apartment later that night and for the first time in months, she felt light, free of her worries. She was breathing again, happy to have found her solution.

She was humming a song, something she never did, even before and had a strange expression on her face, a mix between happiness and madness.

 

And she saw her, her bestfriend, she was also in their apartment which was strange, given the hour. Nowadays, she tend to spend a lot of her evening with her boyfriend. Solar was radiant, something odd for someone doing the dishes, but the only thing that mattered at that time for the golden hair girl was how the love of her life shined. She was beautiful and the latter couldn't help but surprised her with a tight hug.

 

Solar yelped, she didn't saw her coming from her side. The plate she had in her hand fall back on the sink, but didn't broke. Moonbyul got her arms wrapped around her, and engulfed her a bear hug, her head on the crook on the older girl neck.

« You scared me Byul ah, since when are you here ? »

« Long enough to decide you were so cute washing that plate that I had to hug you. »

« Ooookay, you're a bit weird aren't you ? »

« Why are you saying this ? »

« I don't know...you never hug me like that before. »

« I'm not allowed to hug my bestfriend ? Don't tell me only Eric sunbae is allowed now»

« What ? No, of course not. It's just...you look more jovial, not that I'm complaining, but did something happened to you Byul ah ? »

« Oh, I have a problem and- »

« What kind of problem ?! »

 

Worried about her bestfriend, Solar broke the hug to completely face her, she quickly check for any kind of injuries and exhaled out of relief seeing none.

 

« Byul ah, if you have problem, you should tell me, ain't I your bestfriend ? »

« You didn't gave me time to finish, silly girl. »

 

The concern in her bestfriend moved the younger girl, but she used her two fist and applied pressure on Solar chubby cheek in a way to shut her up. She moved her face closer to Solar, and had to resist the urge to kiss her.

 

« I had a problem, but already found a solution. »

 

She released the pouting older who massaged her cheek almost immediately. She started to walk away, not without messing with Solar hair but was stopped by the voice she grew to love.

 

« Still, you should have told me. »

« Don't worry about me unnie. »

 

Yeah, don't worry, I'm going to save you from the bastard, and then I'll make you mine, I'm here for you unnie.

 

« If you said so... »

« I do unnie. Hey, need some help with that ? »

 

They fell on a comfortable silence, the both of them focus on cleaning the dishes, as well as the rest of their small kitchen when Moonbyul noticed the ring on Solar's finger. She stared at it for a few seconds, her happiness walking away as hate started boiling in the pit of her stomach.

 

Is it his way to claim her ? Not much better than using a leash...

 

Solar caught her staring and furiously blushed, her mind already replaying the scene in her mind. Eric wasn't good with word, but she had felt touched by his feeling.

 

« Yah, don't look at it like that. »

« What's for ? »

« Our 1st month as a couple, wasn't my idea, but you should have saw him when he gave it to me, he was embarrassed but cute at the same time. »

« Oh...speaking of sunbae, can I have his number ? »

« Huh ? I mean yes, but why ? »

« Remember Whee In ? She asked for help for a test she'll have soon, but this subject is more on your field, but then you're busy with your own test so I thought he could teach her. »

« Oh, that's actually a good idea, look at you being the kind and helping sunbae~ »

 

Solar playfully tried to reach the top of Moonbyul's hair, to pat her head and the latter gladly accepted. She smiled at the mark of affection from the older girl, misunderstanding the real meaning.

 

« By the way Byul ah, are you free next saturday ? Eric's having a party, he asked me to invite you. »

« You're sure ? I don't want to be the third wheel. »

« Yah, what non sense is it Moon Byul Yi ! Of course you're going to come at that party ! Beside, Eric also invited some of his friends, it's going interesting don't you think ? »

 

Interesting isn't the word...

 

« For sure..okay then. »

« Yeah ! Now that it settled... »

 

The smiling brown hair girl stopped her sentence mid-air to take her bestfriend's hand with her own. She leaded them toward her desk, where her laptop laid.

 

« ...I think it's time for our movies night ! We postponed it for too long Byul ah ! »

 

Preventing her to say anything, Solar motioned for the two of them to sat on the nearest bed. She had a load of movies ready and installed herself comfortably, not minding her shoulder brushing on her bestfriend one. However, Moonbyul could only focus on it, and this meaningless action only fueled her reality.

 

A week then ? It's more than enough to reveal the bastard true identity, don't worry unnie, I'll protect you.

 

 

 

« So...you're thinking he's cheating on Yongsun unnie ? »

« I don't think, I'm sure. Men like him can't be trusted. »

« But unnie...did you find any proofs ? »

« No, and that's why I need you, my Wheeny. »

« U...unnie.. »

« You're the only one I can trust for this, don't let me down, unnie needs you. »

« ...What..what can I do for you unnie ? »

 

Moonbyul smirked at her memory, convincing Whee In to help her was a last minute plan, but she was sure it would work. She was the first to acknowledge and somehow be affected by Whee In's charm, so she was positive about the fact Eric would fall for it too. A week seemed a too much amount of time to gather, thank to her junior, proofs that he was a monster in disguise.

 

She was pacing around in her apartment, where she was waiting for the dimple girl. They agreed to meet again, 5 days after the beginning of their plan. Her face lightened up when she opened the door for the latter, but she tried to stay calm, the last thing she wanted was to jump on the younger girl, and suffocate her with questions.

 

She made Whee In sat on the small sofa while she took care on bringing drinks for the both of them.

 

Whee In on the other hand was flustered, to be alone with Moonbyul, in the privacy on her own apartment. She only new the older girl for a year, but quickly understood her feeling were more than the « hoobae/sunbae » stereotypical crush.

 

She spent days and nights speaking about the amazing Moon Byul Yi to her bestfriend, Hyejin. She was, along with Solar the first people to speak to her while she entered this big Highschool in Seoul. At that time, the Jeonju girl was alone and lost, without her bestfriend who stayed in their hometown and the charismatic golden hair particularly made an impact on her. She was in love, nobody could deny it.

 

So when Moonbyul took her hand on that coffee shop, Whee In felt like melting, and when she explained her the situation, she was overwhelmed. Her sunbae, the girl owning her heart needed her, to save her bestfriend, another sunbae precious to her. She knew she had to accept, not only as an act of love but also because of duty, if she had to become the bail her unnie wanted her to be, then she would do it without further questions.

 

However, Her meeting with Eric wasn't what she expected. She had pictured him as a player, cold and arrogant so her surprise was even bigger when she talked with a funny and easy going student, who for some part reminded her of Solar.

 

« So ? »

 

Moonbyul's voice startled her, so did their proximity. The latter sat beside her on the small couch, their knees brushing against each other and when Whee In noticed it, she couldn't prevent a furious blush to creep on her cheeks.

 

« Unnie ? »

« You saw him right ? »

« Yeah..we met yesterday. »

« What happened ? »

« Well..we had to make a stop at his apartment, since he needed a book to teach me but- »

« I knew it, look at that , trying to lure you as soon as you met.»

« Ani...unnie..after this he just taught me at the library nearby but...unnie he didn't try anything, quite the contrary. »

« What ? »

« He spent a good part of our meeting speaking about Yongsun unnie...unnie, maybe..I mean.. »

« Spill, you have something to say right ? »

« Well..maybe you judged him too fast ? He seems like a good guy unnie, for real, and his feeling for Yongsun unnie seemed sincere too, I think you- »

 

 

« Did I ask you to think ?! »

 

Moonbyul yelled. She abruptly stood up, suddenly feeling agitated, angry. She paced around once again, eyes refusing to meet Whee In.

 

« No, I didn't told you to think ! I told you to flirt with him and bring me the needed proofs to expose the bastard he really is ! »

« Unnie.. »

« Stop it Whee In ! Can't you see it ? He manipulate you too ! He's acting, all along ! Tss, I bet he saw through you ! »

 

Moonbyul facepalmed herself out of frustration, the bastard was more smart than he looked and seemed to be way ahead of her. If she wanted to expose him, she needed to think like him, to be on equal term. If the bastard was good at manipulating people, she had to become better than him.

 

She stopped and took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves. She knew what she had to do and even if it wasn't appealing, she was willing to sacrifice anything for the sake of Solar.

 

Battle are never fair, they have their load of sacrifice.

 

She pulled a dramatic expression and look back at the scared Whee In.

 

« Unnie...are you okay ? »

« You should go Wheeny, I thought you could help me, that you cared about me and Yongsun unnie, but look, you didn't even tried right ? »

« I...no, because I found him kind, unnie, You should- »

« I trusted you Wheeny..you fall for his trap...ah, I guess I have to fight on my own. »

« Unnie.. »

« I shouldn't have ask you in the first place, what I was expecting ? A young highschool student like you can't do anything. »

 

Back facing the younger girl, Moonbyul tried her best, by her tone and attitude, to act disappointed. She wanted Whee In to feel guilty, to feel like she owed the older girl. A malicious smile sprayed on her lips when she felt arms around her waist and a head on her shoulder.

 

Just like I planned.

 

Whee In locked her in a tight embrace, afraid and ashamed. She let down her senior, the girl ruling her heart. She couldn't bear the distress in the older girl voice, her stomach made flip just imagining making the girl beside her being mad at her.

 

 

« Please unnie ! I'm sorry I'll try harder next time, I promise I will, we'll save Yongsun unnie together but please, don't hate me ! I can't bear it. »

 

With her own hands, Moonbyul broke Whee In's embrace and turned around, facing the younger girl. Her smirk died down, to let a peaceful expression appear. However, Whee In, on the verge of crying, didn't let go of Moonbyul. She crashed once again on the golden hair girl's body, hugging her as tight as possible.

 

« Whee In ah. »

« I'm sorry unnie, I'm sorry.. »

« Look at me Wheeny. »

 

Without waiting for a reply, Moonbyul took Whee in's head with her two hand, making the latter look at her. She brushed the fresh tears on the corner of her eyes.

 

« I won't ever hate you Wheeny, you're my precious dongsaeng. »

« Unnie.. »

« Unnie is sorry, maybe I overestimated your strength. »

« Sorry unnie.. »

« Shh, don't be. »

 

Like the of a play, she leaned near Whee In's face and kiss her right temple, making sure to linger long enough. She felt the younger letting a long sigh go away, that was how she understood she had won.

 

« This time, I will tell you what to do, he won't be able to hide anymore. »

 

She hugged the younger girl right away, tightly, nearly suffocating her as a devious smirk sprayed over her face, when she felt her doing the same. There were no turning back at this point, she knew she had to prove her point, even if using dirty tricks was the only way.

 

If I can't win by staying fair, then I'll cheat for a bit. An eye for an eye Eric. In the end, Unnie will be mine, no matter what.

 

 

Moonbyul was relieved to learn that Whee In next meeting with her temporally tutor was the same night, in a small coffee shop downtown. She decided to go with the younger girl, explaining her once again the plan, and the importance of her role.

 

The highschool student met the young man inside, not before glancing one last time at her beloved sunbae, who took care of hiding herself in a darker place on the cafe's terrace. She choose a seat where she could see the two people and quickly felt frustrated, when after 30 min in their meeting, Whee In's tries to lure Eric died as soon as she initiated them.

 

Whee In ah....I'm counting on you...

 

She lost track on the time and almost jump from her chair when she saw them walking toward the exit.

 

Wait, already ? Whee In what are you doing.

 

They stood outside, in front of the almost empty coffee shop. She saw them biding their good bye and quickly took her phone, texting Whee In as an act of despair.

 

To Whee In :

Kiss him. Do it for me.

 

She saw the highschool student looking at her phone, and briefly at her direction. Eric was motionless before her, and was taken aback when Whee In put her hands on his shoulder, and lean to lay a kiss on his lips. She tried to stay long enough for her sunbae to do whatever she needed to, but had to put her arm around his neck when she felt him struggling, trying to break their connection.

However, the young man was stronger than her and she couldn't do anything when she gently pushed her away. Shock was evident in his eyes, and it reflected on her own.

 

« Ah...Whee In ssi...Why..I mean, you know I'm with Yongsun right ? Why did you do that ? »

« ...I'm sorry. »

« No, I am, maybe you misunderstood some of my actions, but...I like your unnie you know ? Well, it's might be more than this actually.. »

 

Whee In stayed still, unable to look at him, she bowed quickly and run away, the air was too suffocating for her tormented mind.

 

Meanwhile, Moonbyul didn't missed a single second of the scene that happened before her. Her phone still aiming at the now alone and confused boy, she smirked, already feeling victorious.

 

I knew you were a bastard and a player, now I only have to reveal your true self, Monster.

 

 

NO PLEASE, PUT THOSE ROCKS DOWN GUYS ! * hide*

 

So here it is, Moonbyul's plan...I just have to say ANGST ARE TOO MUCH FOR ME I'M IN TEARS lcndsjfnjksqndkjne but it had to be done...

 

I'll try to update last chapter tonight, but I can't promise anything....

 

See you soon guys ! and pls, tell me what you think about it ! This is a really challenging fic for me, I'm not used to write angst so if you could give me feedback I would be very grateful ^^

 

I'm Hwasa huggin y'all my dear reader, don't kill me thank~ * Wheeout*