Act 3 : Decision

Good for you

 

The load of information from the 5th date triggered something in Moonbyul. She started having unexpected mood swing and grew less patient whenever her bestfriend spoke about any Eric related subject, however, she took care of hiding it in front of her friend.

 

But as unfortunate it was for her, it became Solar favorite's subject. Since their kiss, Moonbyul understood how serious the thing going on between them became.

 

That night, she was alone again, but unless other time when she tried to occupy herself, she couldn't help but think about anything other than Solar and Eric's...whatever they labeled it.

She knew her bestfriend wasn't the kind of girl kissing people out of nowhere, she may have been the 1st to deny it, but she was a seeker for romance, butterfly and unicorn. So having her spacing out and randomly giggling like a teenager was half a surprise for Moonbyul.

 

After that kiss, Moonbyul had the feeling Eric was everywhere, monopolizing her bestfriend. If she wasn't on a date, she would send him text and if her phone was away, she would somehow find a way to speak about him. It was getting on the nerve of Moonbyul, but she never tried anything to prevent it, « be by her side, no matter what » was her leitmotiv, even if she had to deal with that nauseous puppy love.

 

She didn't mean to peer but the sound of a car stir her attention, and from the windows of their shared apartment, she saw him with her, as always he was bringing her home.

Seeing the both of them together, in the early stage of what look like a relationship would have been funny for anybody else, given their subtle awkwardness around each other, but it only fuel Moonbyul's hate and she had to look away when she saw her bestfriend leaning toward him.

 

She knew this date of them was a special one, because Solar told her, as always, every thing she felt and awaited from it.

 

« You know Byul ah...I..I think I like him. It's more than a stupid crush, do you think I should confess to him ? »

« ..I don't know unnie, but you shouldn't....I mean, rushing thing. »

« But I like him...maybe more than that Byul, I don't want the thing to become awkward between us.. »

 

 

Once again, Moonbyul wandering mind was stopped by the sound of her loudy bestfriend closing the door, but she didn't had the chance to do anything has the older girl jump in her arm, looking her in a tight hug.

By automatism, Moonbyul's arms closed themselves around the smaller girl, as tight as she could, she understood it wasn't time for the question yet. Their hug last for hours, or at least it was Moonbyul's impression, she wasn't complaining, hugging Solar was one of her favorite activity.

 

After some time, they broke their hug but Solar remain silent. She sat on her bed, her back against the wall. She was obviously blushing and playing with her fingers, her gaze never meeting Moonbyul's intense stare. The latter knew her body language by heart, Solar wanted to talk but didn't know how to begin.

 

Moonbyul knew she would suffer, but once again decided to wear the bestfriend costume. She sat beside the brown hair girl before wrapping one arm around her shoulder.

 

« What it is unnie ? »

« ..I did it Byul ah. »

« ...did what ? »

« ...confess ? I told him I like him a lot. »

« And what did he said ? »

 

For the first time since she walked in the the apartment, Solar looked at her bestfriend, red cheek and nose what were welcome her, but Solar's glittering eyes took her attention, she gripped her latter shoulder more tightly, out of reflex.

 

« He asked me to be his girlfriend, told me he likes me too. »

 

Moonbyul's breathing quickened and cold sweat ran on her back, she wanted to scream but not a sound could get out of . Solar went to hug her once again, hiding her face in the crook of her neck. The only sound coming from their room was the sniffing one coming from Solar.

 

She's so happy that she's crying...can someone explain me what that guys did to earn those tears of joy ?

 

« Sorry Byul ah...it's ridiculous right ? I shouldn't cry in a moment like this but, I'm really happy and you.. »

 

The older girl looked at her bestfriend, her soft and brown eyes overflowing with affection.

« You may not know it but your support helped me a lot. Thank you for being here Byul ah, you can't imagine how much it mean to me, to have a friend like you, I didn't even told my sister about him. »

« ...maybe...maybe you should then. »

« Hey, that's not the point here, the point is, you're an amazing friend, more than that, you're my family Byul ah, so having you here while all those new thing happens to me is really meaningful. »

« If you say so.. »

« I mean it, I love you, my friend~ »

« ..Love you too. »

 

 

When Moonbyul  spoke about joining a club with Solar, she was miles away of thinking thing would turn this way.

In less than 3 months, her bestfriend, the love of her life found a boyfriend, and as if it wasn't dreadful enough, the said boyfriend happened to be in the same club. The 3 of them, as well as a dozen of other student were gathered for club activity, as they were chosen to cover an event from their university.

 

It was nothing more than a regular meeting between clubmates, but Moonbyul was boiling. She was sitting next to Solar, but Eric was beside them, their hands glued to each other.

He greeted her earlier, using the official « I'm your bestfriend's boyfriend now, let's be all happy and friends. », heck, the couple quickly became the talk of the town, among the photography enthusiastic students.

 

Apparently they were glowing, an aura full of pink, unicorn and everything sweet. For Moonbyul, it was too sweet, so much she was bitter. She wasn't able to concentrate on the meeting because of Solar laugh whenever the boy was doing something funny, or when she was nagging him about something.

 

Their interaction were cute, or at least, it was what their clubmates said. But for Moonbyul it seemed unreal, something wasn't right. The problem wasn't coming from Solar obviously, so she used the gathering's time and started to analyse every action of Eric. She was given extra time for her task when someone suggested they all should eat somewhere once the paperworks over.

 

Moonbyul learned, mostly from Solar but also from her clubmates that Eric was the closest to the perfect gentleman. He was sure caring toward Solar, the younger girl saw how he would hold the door for her or let her choose a chair.

 

But somehow, Moonbyul didn't trust him for her bestfriend. She was sure it wasn't because she was jealous, but for her, Student and gentleman couldn't fit in one person. And just like that, she started to believe the man who took her bestfriend away was just a liar, an trying to take as much as he could from an innocent and beautiful girl.

 

That makes sense...it have to be something like that, he even wanted her back in highschool, this dude is just like a teenage boy and his target is unnie...I can't let him touch her...I have to do something.

 

 

A quick update, sorry I didn't had time to check for grammar error I'll do it later o/