Act 1 : Meeting

Good for you

« Ah, it's the last one, right ? »

« Absolutely. »

« Hey Yongddonie nim, didn't we agree of not bringing all our stuff at once but little by little ? I knew you would make me carry it, unnie »

« Shut up Moon Banggu Banggu, all those thing are a necessary, you'll thank me later »

 

Moonbyul chuckled. After putting down the last box on one of the bed, she looked at the older girl, looking as tired as she was after their morning carrying boxes. Obviously, the two of them didn't thought they would begin their college life by being lousy movers.

 

The golden hair girl took a look at the room, not the biggest she saw, but sufficient enough for the two girls to live in, together. Almost all the furnitures were in pair; two beds, two desks and chairs, as well as two small bookcases, a small bathroom just beside the front door. Their small student's apartment even got a tiny kitchen, the main reason why they chose it, as two people awkward in society they didn't wanted to share a larger one with strangers.

 

Lastly, her eyes fall upon Solar, who was fanning her sweaty face with a random piece of paper. She was sitting on the other bed, impatient to begin the new chapter of their life. Moonbyul sat beside her, and didn't forget to push the later by her shoulder.

 

« It's going to be great, student's life, right Byul ah ? »

« Of course unnie, it's a new life for us, I can't wait to start all my classes ! »

« Aw, look at you, you nerd~ but yes, I can't wait either, it's even more exciting because we're roommate you know ? »

« ..what ? »

« I mean, everybody dream to start a new life beside their bestfriend, or I'm the only one ? »

 

...Yeah..bestfriend..

 

When it come to Solar, Moonbyul knew the word bestfriend was the worst to define their relationship. Solar might thought of her as her bestfriend, but Moonbyul was beyond this kind of commitment, for more than 3 years already.

The two of them met in their 1st year of high school, Moonbyul was the « geek who skip a year » and had difficulties to even greet her classmates. However, Solar came to her life and brightened it. They became inseparable, so close they could read each other feelings base on their expressions.

But romantic feeling came along the package of Moonbyul's emotion. She tried to ignore them at first but quickly gave up as they grew in intensity. It only took her 4 months to realise she was in love with her bestfriend, but also that she would spend her life hiding it. She wasn't brave enough to confess, and didn't wanted to make their bond awkward, or even worse, ruin it.

 

« Sure thing unnie, I don't want nobody but you to start that new life. »

 

 

 

A couple of days were enough for them arrange and decorate their small apartment, for it to fit their personalities. They gave extra effort to place mementos of their friendship everywhere and soon enough, the long awaited start happened.

They studied on the same university, but didn't share the same degrees. While Moonbyul went for a engineer one, Solar went for management.

On the evening of the 1st day of classes, the two of them sulked, glued with each other on the small couch given by their parents, while looking at each of their schedules.

 

« Look like we don't have a lot of free periods at the same time, that's , really.. »

« Hey unnie, at least we see each other at the end of the day and look, we both end at 3pm every Thursdays, maybe we can use that time wisely. »

« What are you thinking about Byul ah ? »

« Clubs...I saw a few that we could go together, because I already miss you sitting beside me during classes, it can be a good replacement. »

 

Solar face suddenly glowed, hearing the unexpected proposition. Enthusiastic, she ruffled the younger girl's hair, who was laughing at her antic

 

« That's why they call you genius huh ? It' a great idea Byul ah, we should totally join a club together, but which one ? »

« Chose one and I'll follow you unnie, I don't really have a preference. »

 

 

 

 

Solar's new found hobby for photography was the reason of their presence, a few day later, in front of the photography club of the university. The two of them were glad to learn it was a small one, given the hugeness of their university, and the colossal number of students.

One member open the door for them but left soon after. Being the two awkward humans they were, they stood motionless, one playing with her fingers while the other chewed her bottom lips until a female student went to greet them.

 

« Hi, can I help you ? »

« Umm..We're here to enter your club..so, yeah. »

« Really ? Oh that great ! Are you both 1st year students ? »

 

The two friends slowly nodded, astonished by the glee of the girl.

 

« Okay so, my name is Amy but everybody here call me Ailee, come with me, you girls have some paperwork to do ! »

 

They followed the cheerful girl until a desk where she, along with endless chatting used a rather old computer to fulfill their registration.

But the two friends, oddly silent weren't listening completely to the club member, as their attentions were taken by their surrounding. The room was full of pictures, different kinds of  landscape or people,taken with different effects and materials.

 

« As the only photography club, the university usually call us for official event, so maybe you'll have to work with us in the future, what do you think of it ? »

« That's really interesting, right Byul ah ? »

« Umm, yeah, absolutely. »

« Great ! Now if you could just fulfill this papers, that's boring but we have to. And since the both of you are new, I think sticking with an older member can be a good idea. They would teach you the basis of our club, but hey, let's talk about this later. »

 

The two girls diligently followed the question on the paper, while answering the older girl's questions. She seemed nice, and quickly put them at ease. After a short introduction of the club, the three of them agreed on meeting the next day, when all the club members could welcome them.

They greeted Ailee good bye, but Solar nearly fall as she collided into somebody while turning toward the front door. She felt firm hands on her shoulder, preventing her on falling on the floor.

 

« Oh I'm sorry miss I didn't mean to- »

« Ani, ani it's okay, I should have look in front of me... »

 

Solar froze seeing the man in front of her, out of all people, what were the percentage of chances of meeting him again ?

 

« Hey...I know you, Kim Yong Sun, right ? »

« E...Eric sunbae ? »

« Yes that's me, hey, long time no see right ? Oh and you're Moon Byul Yi right ? The two of you are, always together, just like in highschool, it's good to see you. »

« Oh, you know them Eric ? »

« Yeah, they were my hoobaes in highschool, I was in my last year when they entered it. So you're students here now ? Well, welcome to our university  »

 

 

The club member kept talking, oblivious of the shock of the two girls. Solar was glued on her spot, looking at Eric, still dumbfounded of seeing him again, after 3 years. She remembered how her younger self had a crush on the good mannered highschool sunbae. Back in the days they barely spoke, so she felt flustered being in the same room again, and the butterflies in her stomach confirmed it, the now young man still had effect on her.

 

He...remember me ? He still remember my name oh my god.

 

Moonbyul on the other hand was tensed, her jaw clenched as soon as she saw him. Seeing the past crush of Solar wasn't something she wanted. Dealing with the crushes her bestfriend had along their 3 years of highschool was the part she hated the most, being in love with the said girl. Solar might denying it, but she had severals during highschool, and Eric was the 1st one, so it felt weird for Moonbyul, to say the least, to be in front of him again.

 

« They just registered to enter our club oppa, isn't that cool ? Hey maybe you can show them around I mean, since you know them. »

« I don't mind at all, what about you girls ? »

« A..ani, not at all, right Byul ah ? Please take care of us ! »

 

The older girl bowed to the man, Moonbyul mimicked her action, out of respect, but the idea of seeing him wasn't endearing for her. She felt her bestfriend's hand on her own, as Solar rushed to get out of the room, her cheeks red as tomatoes.

With quick steps, they were in the middle of the empty hallway when Eric's voice stopped them.

 

« Yongsun ah wait ! »

 

He trotted toward them, his hand scratching the back of his head.

 

« Hey...umm...I mean.. »

« What...what is it Eric ssi ? »

« Do you have some time for...for a coffee someday , or any other drink I mean, it's just that I drink coffee but yeah... »

 

Solar blinked several time, her stomach doing flips hearing the request.

 

« ..Are..Are you asking me out ? »

« Ah...No...well yes but not like that...let's..for catch up you know ? Hey you know what, forget what I say...Sorry I bother you I- »

« Okay ! »

« Wh..what ? »

« Let's have a coffee or any other drink someday sunbae, I would love to, as a matter of fact. »

« Thanks ! I'll...I'll contact you okay ? See you later huh..and good night ! »

 

The brown hair man walked away as fast as he arrived, under the amused eyes of Solar who couldn't help but giggle.

 

« haha good night ? It's 4pm what he's talking about... »

 

Solar paused, her left hand suddenly clasped on as she realised what just happened. She turned around, looking at her bestfriend.

 

« Oh my god Byul ah I have a date with Eric ssi ?! »

 

 

 

….okay guys this is the 1st part of what was suppose to be a One Shot...but why doing something simple when I can add difficulties ?! * currently arguing with my brain* 

tbh with you guys, I choose to cut it in 5 parts because I'm afraid that putting all the ideas I have in only 1 chapter is going to be too overwhelming ^^"

the 4 other parts will arrive soon~