-O5

A Beautiful Catastrophe

“Are you serious about this?!” Jinyoung intrigued as he pointed to the garments lying on the white bed. He was down to his underwear and all set to get groomed for today’s mission. Jackson nodded, stuffing a handful of french fries that they bought before heading home. “Of course! Jenny has to keep her good girl image, especially in front of Minah.” He defensively replied. After all, he knows more about the current trends in fashion. Jinyoung has nothing against the selection of outfits, in fact he liked that he’ll be wearing a long skirt now; much longer than the previous ones.

In attending formal events such as company ceremonies, guests should be dressed in a very appropriate and presentable way. Today, Wonho invited Mark and Jenny to attend an event of his father’s company. In case you’ve forgotten, Wonho’s family holds a high status in the business industry. They’re known all over the country for their countless establishments and investments. According to him, his father will meet new investors and these said investors will be bringing their sons too for they will soon inherit the legacy created by their parents. No buts this time; the both of them should look nice and simple. They may not be from this class, but they better show these people that they can also live the life they have for a night.

An ankle-long black skirt, a pastel blue off-shoulder top, wedged sandals which is quite better than the pair that made him stubble down the stairs, and a small black bag that contains his kit to survival. “Are you sure this fits my figure? My arms are exposed.” Jinyoung complained after taking the skirt and carefully wearing it. Jackson rolled his eyes and helped Jinyoung with his ultra long skirt. “Trust me. This is how I imaged you if you were a girl. Unlike Mark, I know you’ll always go for the classy look—not y, no swag and other bull at all.” Jinyoung nodded but its weird that Jackson once wasted his precious time to imagine him as a real girl. After putting the skirt on, they teamed up on wearing the top. Putting the light make-up is never a hassle since YouTube tutorials helped a lot. The wig that Jackson chose tonight is the prettiest one yet; long with curls as usual, but Jinyoung thinks its not as itchy as the past pieces. Fei’s things are  pure blessings.

“Jacks...” Jinyoung spoke while his friend worked on styling the wig. Jackson remained silent, yet he looked at Jinyoung, waiting for him to continue. “Am I doing the right thing?” he seriously added, sad and confused. The mirror in front of them showed how bothered Jinyoung is. He was looking at his own reflection; Jenny, a girl invented out of imagination, fuelled with hatred and made for revenge. He can’t recognize himself anymore right now, same goes to the past 2 nights wherein he played this role. Not that he’s backing out, but there are these moments when guilt and questions come pouring down on him.

Jackson stopped and sat before Jinyoung. “What do you mean?” he gently asked. “You’re giving up?”

“No!” Jinyoung objected right away. He doesn’t want to be misunderstood. It would sound really pathetic if Jinyoung would mouth out his concerns to Jackson. Although there’s nothing wrong about it, yet it would be better if he could directly let out his worries to Mark. He knew that the amount of courage inside his heart is not enough to turn down a request of a good friend who has done numerous things for him. “But you know sometimes I feel like this is not making sense anymore. When I did it for the first time, it felt odd. The second time got worse. Today will be Jenny’s third appearance, I’m crumbling inside. I’m always crumbling inside. The pressure, the fear and all the sudden changes—I’m scared.” Sadness filled the room in a split second. Jinyoung rarely talks his heart out.

A good friend will always understand instead of judging. Jackson patted his bare shoulder. “I know its hard for you. If I were on your shoes, there’s no way I would take the deal! You are so kind to do this for Mark. You can say that the only reason behind this show is the exchange student application, but I know you’re not that brave to see Mark break even more. A huge portion of you is doing this because Mark is our best friend, and we love each other.” Jinyoung smiled in relief. It felt good that he was able to lift the weight off his chest.

“You know me, I can’t lie that much. I always slip whenever I’m trying to.” Jinyoung replied, still lost within the twisted situation. “Until when will Jenny be there to stand beside Mark?”

“Stop focusing on the future, Jinyoung. What matters now is that we are helping Mark recover from his first heartbreak. We don’t know how it feels, we’ve never been there and we’ve never done that.” Truth be told, Mark is he first one to have a serious relationship. Jackson lives with all these flings and flirting, meanwhile Jinyoung enjoys his ‘no girlfriend since birth’ status. They can’t make fun of the pain they haven’t felt yet. “Let’s just do this for him, okay?” Jinyoung nodded. “Mark said you’re a good actor. He even calls you Actor Park when he’s telling stories.” Jackson laughed to make the atmosphere lighter. Jinyoung did the same, hearing a compliment is much advisable right now.

The random conversation ended there as they both focused on making Jenny the eye catcher of tonight’s event. Still having less cosmetics on his flawless face, Jinyoung remains to keep that feminine look. Now that everything is clearer to him, he mentally vowed to do his best in order to make Mark proud. If this is his way of moving on and being happy again, then Jinyoung is in no position to stop him from doing it.

 

Jinyoung went downstairs exactly 28 minutes after 7PM. Mark was reading a magazine on the living room. He was wearing a jet black coat over a navy blue top, two buttons not fixed to expose his luscious collar bones and also a sneak peak of his drool worthy chest, a pair of black pants and his cool shoes that Jinyoung’s been dying to borrow before. He looks so fine. “Oh, hi there, Nyoung!” he greeted, hearing the footsteps that the other made.

But the way Mark looks simply made Jinyoung’s tongue roll back down to his throat. Those soulful eyes were sparked with a hint of desire. His smile was so fine that could ignite anything inside Jinyoung’s physique. The way he dressed up and held himself up is different now. This is not the Mark that you would see everyday inside the 4 corners of the university. Keeping a straight gaze towards him could cause a sin. Seriously, he’s that hot. And it simply shocks Jinyoung that he’s getting any of this feels just by looking at Mark. Park Jinyoung, get your together!

“Jinyoung?! Are you okay?” Mark asked, dragging Jinyoung back to reality. Jinyoung nodded. “I’m....I’m good.” He stuttered and walked down to meet his friend. Mark, being a natural gentleman he is, reached out to assist Jinyoung. Despite the fact that Jenny is the person before him, he can’t erase he truth that he is and will always be Jinyoung. He is beautiful, inside and out, and Mark can’t deny that. Jinyoung smiled at him and punched his arm hardly. “Damn! I’ve never seen you this hot!” Jackson went downstairs too. “Looks like someone’s ready to make Minah see what she wasted.” He commented, standing beside Jinyoung.

Mark abruptly smirked and pulled Jinyoung towards him. He wrapped an arm around the other’s slim waist. Shivers spread throughout his body. “I must look good!” Mark proudly said before looking at Jinyoung with a playful grin. The spaces between them decreased as the hold on Jinyoung’s waist got tighter. “A perfect princess needs a perfect prince, right?”

The moment ended when Jackson interrupted. “Stop this cheesiness and go to the event before it gets late. Mark, you better take care of Jinyoung. If something happens, call me.” He offered and Mark nodded. They all trudged towards the main door of Fei’s house, which now serves as their headquarters. The bid farewell to Jackson and before they left the place, Jackson tossed a key towards Mark. “What’s that?” Jinyoung asked, voice still manly for no one could hear them now. Mark remained silent, instead he opened the door and gave Jinyoung the first surprise of the night.

A shiny black car was parked in front of the house. It is not an luxury type but it’s better than hailing a cab. Mark opened the door of the passenger seat. “Get in.” He commanded so Jinyoung did. As soon as Mark settled on the driver seat and started the engines, Jinyoung begun with the interrogation. “Who owns this car?” he asked, turning on the radio.

“My mom. I’m actually planning to borrow dad’s car because that’s an expensive brand but it’s been months since the last I saw that. It’s no longer parked at home so I guess he brought it to Gangnam.”  Mark carefully drove through the main roads of the city to reach the venue just in time. Jinyoung was silent all along, trying to relax by looking at the scenery from the window and listening the soulful RnB music coming from the radio. “Jinyoung...”

“Yes?”

“I’m sorry for putting much pressure on you.” The tranquil atmosphere inside was now graced by sheer tension. “After the incident involving your report, I realized that you have your own life as well; that I’m only asking a portion of your time to help me act out this scripted tale. Jinyoung, you can always talk to me if something’s wrong.” Mark reminded in a concerned tone as they got struck in traffic. Jinyoung’s heart caved in. It seems like Mark knows everything stored in his mind.

Jinyoung beamed and held Mark’s hand. He remembered Jackson’s words earlier—those would surely match this type of talk. “Don’t think too much, Mark. I’m doing this because I care about you. Do you think I could peacefully sleep at night knowing that your crying over a playgirl and I can’t do anything to make you feel better?!” They shared a minute of good silence as those words slowly sunk into their cores. At this point, the only thing that matters to Jinyoung is to make sure that the agony and sorrow in Mark’s heart won’t increase. He will do anything for his best friend. Everything.

 

They arrived in the hotel that Wonho said during the phone call. It is one of the most prestigious hotels in the country that has a big indoor casino too. Personalities such as politicians, actors and rich businessman stay there for a night filled with filthy money. As they entered, a usherette assisted them. “Welcome, Sir!” a girl with a nametag that has ‘Sunny’ written on it greeted Mark with a sweet smile.

Mark smiled back and interlaced his fingers with Jinyoung’s. Whenever this happens, it only means that Jenny should start being on character. “Good evening!” He replied and walked pass the girl. Mark and Jinyoung headed on the 12th floor with their hands still tightly clasped. As they slowly made their way through the silent hallways, Mark felt Jinyoung’s shaky hand. “Calm down, Peachy.” He spoke in a gentle tone. “I’m here!”

“This is no longer a normal event, Mark. Lots of people from a different classes of the society will see us. What if I accidentally made a mistake? What if my wig falls off? What if someone finds me familiar and recognize me as Jinyoung afterwards? Aren’t you scared!?” Worried, Jinyoung asked with his normal voice. Its only the two of them there, he can be himself.

Mark couldn’t think of a better way to destroy the growing fear within Jinyoung. He can’t be mad at him, he can’t complain about his friend’s sudden sensitivity rather. Instead of anger, happiness flowed into Mark’s veins. It’s such a nice thing to know that Jinyoung cares a lot about this mission. He doesn’t want to make any mistakes and put their precious names at risk. The lights are dimmed, but Mark could still see the radiance of Jinyoung’s face. He’s so perfect even when he’s all sad and anxious.

A hug eased all the negativities in Jinyoung’s body. Mark held him in his arms really tight and if a genie would appear right now to grant his one and only wish, he would like to stop the time and feel Mark’s embrace until the end of the night. A hug of assurance which served as a reminder that he is not alone in this task. Mark will always be there to share with whatever the situation offers. He can’t leave Jinyoung alone. “I’m afraid too, Nyoung.” He whispered.

“Of getting busted by these upperclassmen?” Jinyoung replied, still trapped in Mark’s embrace.

“No.” Mark answered, pulling away and greasily smiling at his pal. “I’m afraid that someone might try to steal my Jenny away from me.”

Jinyoung bursts into laughter, he laughed way too hard that it doesn’t look normal for a girl. Mark chuckled along. There was a chip of fulfilment in his heart for he made Jinyoung forget his bad vibes. By this time, Jinyoung practiced his girl voice in the midst of their giggles. All these voice changes already gave Jinyoung a severe sore throat, but since people invented lozenges, his healing time got instant. Jenny should stay classy and poised. Jenny should be 10 times better today compared to what she is during the past days. Jenny must slay in everyway.

“Looks like I have to interrupt a sweet couple talk happening here...” Wonho’s voice was immediately recognized by the two. They glanced at the side and saw the guy wearing a nice suit. Mark smiled at Jinyoung before wrapping his arm on his waist. “Hi Wonho!” Jinyoung greeted. Wonho walked closer to them with a wine glass on his left hand. His eyes were fixed on Jenny, admiring him from his head down until his toes. Jinyoung felt awkward for a while and Mark was fully aware about it. “Thanks for inviting us here!“ Mark suddenly declared in a joyful tone to grab Wonho’s attention away from Jinyoung.

“No worries. Apparently, I was about to call you. The event will start in a few minutes, the sons of my dad’s business partners are already there and I’m seriously not in the mood to talk to them.” Despite the fact that Wonho came from a rich family, his norms and deeds sometimes indicate that he actually lives a normal life too. Jinyoung knows that Wonho is a good guy, and the environment where he grew up labelled and influenced him to be what he is right now. Of course, a billionaire’s son has to meet tons of expectations. It must be hard for Wonho too. “Let’s get inside.” He added, guiding the couple inside the function hall.

The music was pleasant, no stinky smell of alcohol and the atmosphere was light. There were lots of guys in their best suits, some girls flaunt their stunning gowns to capture the spotlight. There were photographers and more media men, which made Jinyoung realize that this event is totally not a simple one. “I’m nervous.” He whispered to Mark. As usual, Mark would never fail to tell him that it’s okay and he should not feel any pressure, but now that he was standing in the most crucial point of his history as Jenny, how can he eliminate all the fear inside? He was lightly trembling. This is as nerve wrecking as their surprise recitation in Advance Statistics.

A surprise kiss on this forehead made his world freeze. He could feel Mark’s tender lips against his skin and how he held him close as if there’s no chance that he can escape. Until now, he wonders why Mark’s kisses give him an odd sensation. The latter have kissed him a for probably a hundred times before, yet it never gave him such feels. When he dressed as Jenny, Mark’s pecks suddenly gave him severe palpitations and this weird heat creeping onto his chubby cheeks. Is he blushing uncontrollably? Yes, he is. Badly.

“Amazing how a kiss stopped you from shaking.” Mark said, lovingly staring at Jinyoung. He liked how his male friend fits the female role. Jinyoung is known for his tender personality. He is sweet, caring and very passionate about his dreams. He enjoys working on flower arrangements in their shop instead of playing computer games. Jinyoung also excels in doing the household chores. If he was a girl, Mark would surely fall for him, one way or another. “You need to contain yourself, dude. You don’t want to mess in front of these high profiled people, right?” he asked in a low voice. Jinyoung nodded and turned his Jenny mode on.

 

The black skirt fitted perfectly with the curves of Jinyoung’s legs. His exposed shoulders and collar bones were too flawless that it could make anyone drool. As soon as they got inside the main area, the entire place was stunned by his undeniable charm. He even made girly mannerisms such as tucking his hair behind his ears, pouting his red lips and more. Guys from different tables seemed to lose all their hype for the event and decided to go after Jenny instead. At first glance, no one would imagine that Mark and Jinyoung are middle class citizens.

Mark giggled, securing Jinyoung beside him. “Third batch of people who mentally combusted because of Park Jenny’s beauty.”

“What are you doing here?!” Damn you, Minah. Jinyoung rolled his eyes and turned around to meet the heated gaze of his mortal enemy. This is wearing a daring, fitted white dress. Other guys may think she’s extremely y, but for Jinyoung, she’s pure trash. “Wonho invited us.” Jinyoung replied, looking at Mark for approval. “Yeah. Wonho called me earlier.” Mark added, making sure that he’s maintaining the intimacy between him and Jinyoung.

When the sky threw a truckload of negativities, maybe Minah brought a pail and caught all of them. Her face might show up first if you search the word ‘annoying’ on Google. “I know, girl!” She replied in a high pitched voice. How dare you call me girl. I’m a man, you stupid little creature with a silicon . “He only called Mark. So why are you here, Jenny!? Social climbing? ” she followed up. If only Jinyoung could tell the truth. He was about to slam the girl with a great reply but Mark prefers a smooth conversation for now. They’re at a high-end event, he’s terrified that these two ladies—one is a gentleman, by the way—might cause any trouble.

“Your boyfriend asked me to bring her too. Actually, I’ll still drag her here even if Wonho didn’t ask me to.” Mark replied with respect. He glanced at Jinyoung and gave him a swift peck on the cheek. 2nd kiss for that night. Jinyoung’s heart raced, eyes focused on Mark as his entire body stiffens. How can Mark made him feel so immobile?

“And you asked her to wear rugs?! Mark, she looks like a vendor!” It killed all the bulbs in Jinyoung’s brain. All the turmoil caused by Mark and his reckless actions were now set aside as Jinyoung felt his blood boil. “Oh! Maybe this is how poor people dress for exclusive events. My apologies, I forgot that you don’t have enough money to get nice outfits. If you’re planning to socialize with rich people, work well on your social climbing and flirting skills.” This is too much.

Jinyoung made a deep sigh, he stepped closer and Mark had to stop him. Minah made an intimidating grin, seeing how Mark tried to stop Jenny from initiating a fight. But all of a sudden, Jinyoung flashed a wide smile. “I think you’re too immature to judge one’s status in life just by looking at their clothes. We all have the right to wear what we want. Imagine seeing Wonho in this kind of event, wearing faded jeans and old shirt, would you call him a billionaire’s son or a guy from the slums?”

“Of course I—”

“Oh no, darling. Stop acting so clean.” Jinyoung cut her off to get rid of all the lies. They all know that Minah only likes Wonho because of his money. He did a lot of things and wasted bundles of cash to give Minah the lifestyle that she wants. Mark was standing beside Jinyoung, admiring how great he is to find a way out from this dreadful scene. “Yes, I’m not as rich as everyone here, but can your money buy you enough manners and common sense?!”

The crown still belongs to Jenny. She smirked and turned around to meet his boyfriend’s proud gaze. Mark realized that Jinyoung’s fears instantly fades whenever Minah is around. He is always ready to crush her in a method that she can’t stand. But what made Mark’s heart flutter is how Jinyoung bravely fights, diplomatically, for their own good.  Minah was angry, its shows in her face. “Let’s get some drinks, babe.” Mark said to pull Jenny away from the confrontation.

Jinyoung smiled at her for the last time. “See you around, Minah.” He said with a wave before clinging onto Mark’s arm. “Oh! Before I forgot...” Jinyoung turned around and pointed towards Minah’s white dress. “You look like a toothpaste tube.” And they rapidly left the scene as the event started.

They stayed near the bar area to get themselves some refreshments. They sat there for a while, observing the people around them. “Now I know why you’re always winning in school debates.” Mark spoke, sipping in his drink. He ordered a glass of ice cold cola while Jinyoung got himself a kiwi iced tea. They laughed in unison. “She’s very predictable. You can see what’s going through his head. Transparent indeed.” Mark relaxed on the couch as he placed his head on top of Jinyoung’s shoulder.

“You deserved better, Mark.”

Mark nodded. “I know. You too, you deserve someone who will make you her priority, unlike Yerin.”

The moment felt right to let all their sorrows out. Mark would be lying if he said that he’s fully moved on. It still hurts after all. He’s trying to push it away but sometimes, a wave of memories hit him hard and then he’ll start from zero again. Jinyoung on the other side, finally lifted his long term crush on Yerin after the incident involving Jaebum. He was still thankful though. He lost his crush, yet he gained another friend. Jaebum is a kind one; very helpful and nice.

“Who told you that I still like Yerin?” he asked Mark, pushing him away. “Oh? You hate her now?” Mark asked, drinking from his friend’s iced tea. Jinyoung shook his head vigorously. The word HATE is too much.  He’s not much of a heartless person. The respect is still there. “I don’t hate her. Its just that I stopped chasing her already. Isn’t it clear that I have no chance on her? She likes Jaebum and –”

Mark interrupted. “And Jaebum likes you!?”

Jackson, this is your fault! “What the ?!” he shouted in a very manly voice, getting too much stares from the people around. Funny how the noise wasn’t able to outstand his voice. Jinyoung’s been using his original voice since their conversation begun. So Mark refused to hide his laughs after seeing him shocked. “We’re just friends!” Jinyoung said, voice low but still stern. “He’s very friendly. Never imagined that we’ll get along.”

“Chill! I’m kidding!” Mark said in between his chuckles. Of course, there’s no way Mark would believe Jackson’s predictions.

 

They sat there for more minutes and shared some stories about their recent school event. As the glasses got empty, Jinyoung felt something inside him. It was a strong force, enigmatic and electrifying. He tried to stop it for several times but nothing happened. He bit his lips, thinking of any other way to get rid of this natural need. He glanced at Mark with his eyes clouded with desperation. There’s no other way to keep this in. “Mark...” Jinyoung gasped for air. He moved closer to Mark’s ear. Sweat rolled down his forehead. This is getting intense. He can do it right now, but he needs Mark’s approval first.

“Yeah?” Mark replied. Jinyoung moved closer and closer. He must say it now.

“I need to pee!” Jinyoung announced while trying to control himself.

Mark nodded. “Go ahead! I’ll wait here.” With that Jinyoung stood up and sprinted like a marathon runner towards the nearest comfort room. The heels of his shoes didn’t stop him from reaching his destination. He saw the comfort room sign. Relieved, Jinyoung went further and immediately entered the room itself.

Pairs of eyes focused on him as he trudged inside the place. These men looked like they saw a supernatural event before them. Jinyoung gave them a blank look. He searched for an empty stall, ready to release the rush. The walls are blue and most of the guys inside are starting to give him a creepy stare. He kept on wondering what’s wrong, looking back at the guys who spent much time looking at him with a visible scary grin. Jinyoung accidentally faced the mirror located at his right side and the biggest mistake of the day was confirmed.

Jenny entered the male comfort room.

“!” he shouted, covering his face. Now he knows why these guys are looking at him. erts! “I---I’m sorry!” he moved back and rushed towards the next door. The walls are pink and he’s 101% sure  that he’s in the right place now. Girls are lined up in front of the mirror, fixing their make up. He went straight inside an empty cubicle while catching his breath. How can he forgot that he’s a girl right now? What if this incident blow up and make issues involving him and Mark? Ugh! He groaned.

He had a hard time lifting his ultra long skirt. He cant pee while sitting down, that would seriously not work at all. So like a normal guy, Jinyoung stood up lifted his skirt and pulled down his undies. While doing his thing, he heard some conversations from the back door.

“Saw the girl wearing a black skirt? I saw my boyfriend taking pictures of her!” One of the girls shamelessly said. Jinyoung looked down at his skirt. Is that me?

Another voice rose. “Her boyfriend is pretty hot too! But I think she’s getting too much attention from the crowd. Do you think she’s a daughter of a businessman?” Jinyoung tried so hard to prevent himself from laughing out loud. He was enjoying the moment. Two brainless girls talking about him vulgarly. He wants to listen longer but things got a little too serious. “I think she’s like the other girls, beautiful but not brainy. Let’s try talking to her boyfriend, shall we?”

Jinyoung pushed the cubicle door with poise and stood in front of the mirror, beside the girls. “Oops! Did I ruined your coversation?” He asked and the girls are taken aback by his statements. Jinyoung was calmly washing his hands, waiting for an answer. He dried his hands and smiled at the girls. They both look basic. Cheap make-ups covering their face, y dresses that doesn’t fit their bodies and fake IPhones. How can one of these two be a girl of a high profiled youngster? They shook their head.

 “By the way, next time you’ll be talking about someone, make sure to keep your voices low.” He reminded, fierceness written all over his face. “Please use your brain more often, its not a vestigial organ.” One last smirk and Jinyoung sassily walked out of the comfort room. The feeling was too overpowering; he released all the unwanted water inside him plus he burned two es like a boss. Jinyoung is on top of the world now.

 

He arrived back at the couch, seeing a half asleep Mark. “Tuan...” he softly called. Mark opened his eyes and made a long yawn. That was cute. “Let’s go home.” He requested, hoping that Mark would say yes because he needs enough sleep for his 7AM class tomorrow. Craving for the comfort of his bed, Mark nodded. He stood up and held Jinyoung’s hand. They walked through the crowd to search for Wonho—they must formally say goodbye. Wonho was hanging out with some guys on a couch at the other side of the hall. “We’re going home, Wonho. Thanks for the invite.” Jinyoung said with much gratitude.

“Wait!” Wonho stopped them from leaving by holding his right wrist. “Let me introduce you to my friends, Jenny!” Gently, Wonho pulled Jinyoung away from Mark. Three steps away from his past spot, another hand stopped Jenny from going anywhere. Mark tightly gripped on his left wrist and allowed his fingers to slide down and interlock with Jinyoung’s fingers. He glared at Wonho. “My girl is not going anywhere.” He announced. “Let go of his hand.”

Jinyoung felt like he’s a protagonist in a famous movie. Two people pulling him and asking for his time. This looks sweet, but his arms are starting to feel the pain. Its like his joints and ligaments are pulled to the extent. He’s wishing that Wonho would let go of his precious hand. And Wonho did. Praise all the Gods above! Jinyoung wasn’t able to say anything after that because Mark’s possessiveness activated out of the blue and dragged Jinyoung out of the place.

They reached the parking lot and Mark finally loosen his grip on Jinyoung’s hand. “Why are you angry, dude!?” Jinyoung asked while massaging his knuckles. Mark was silently looking for some peace of mind but the emotions inside him kept on flipping from one point to another. “Wonho likes you!” He shouted, good thing no one’s in the parking lot aside from them. Jinyoung wanted to slap Mark with his wedged shoes. This is plain stupidity. “Are you nuts?!” Salted or plain? Most probably, salted.

“You’re a guy, Nyoung. You should know if a guy likes a girl! Remember our first date? He enjoyed talking to you and it annoyed Minah. Second meeting, in the club, he called me that night and asked me if you got home safely. I said you’re at my place so there’s nothing to worry about. And today, he wanted to introduce you to his friends! I know its great to have a beautiful friend like you, totally worth bragging, but...Damn! He likes Jenny, dude!” Mark was like a detective, laying all the evidences before them.

But Jinyoung doesn’t believe such theories. “Isn’t it great if Wonho really likes Jenny?” he replied, logically analysing everything. Mark kept his ears open. “It’s going to extra hard on Minah’s part. Her boyfriend likes the girlfriend of his ex-boyfriend. She will surely lose her sanity if that happens.” Mark agreed with Jinyoung’s idea. He can’t ask Jinyoung to seduce Wonho since their prediction about the rich man’s feelings for Jenny aren’t that concrete for now. “Let’s wait and see. But I still believe that Wonho loves Minah with all of his heart.” Said Jinyoung.

“Waiting is not my forte but I’ve got no choice. I’m sleepy. We better go home.” Mark plunged his hand inside his pocket to search of the key of his car but there was none. He searched all of his pockets yet the key remained missing. “I’ll go back to the venue upstairs, I think I left it on the couch.” Mark said before running inside the hotel. Jinyoung was left alone in the parking lot, nothing to do. He took his phone out and saw numerous texts coming from Jaebum and one from Jackson.

 

From; Im Jaebum

06:39 PM

Hi Jinyoung! :)

 

From; Im Jaebum

07:14 PM

Stop whatever you’re doing and get your dinner. Its not good to skip meals, Nyoung. ^^

 

From; Im Jaebum

07:55 PM

Seungcheol said you have an assignment in statistics. Call me if you need help hehe

 

From; WILD AND Y JACKSON WANG 852

08:02 PM

whAT TIME ARE YOU TWO GOING HOOOMEEE?! I JUST FINISHED WATCHING THE CONJURING 2 AND I’M SO SCARED RIGHT NOW PLEASE COME HOME QUICKLY!!!

 

From; Im Jaebum

08:23 PM

I will go to the city library tomorrow afternoon. Would it be okay if you come with me? :)

 

From; Im Jaebum

08:41 PM

I guess you’re very busy hehe sorry for bothering >< but you I’ll wait for you reply :)

 

Without him knowing, a smile is already plastered on his lips. Jaebum is such a sweet one. He felt bad for not replying on time. Jaebum waited for hours only to get a single answer from him. So he compiled all his answers for Jaebum’s messages and decided to say them all in one go.

 

To; Im Jaebum

09:06 PM

Hiiiiiii! I hope you’re still awake. I’m sorry for not answering your text earlier, I’m very busy here. About the assignment, let’s meet tomorrow at the bleachers during your vacant time. My statistics class is at 1PM lol. Lets go to the library together! I can help you look for good books. Thanks for all your efforts, Jaebum. Your waiting ends here! Hahaha see you tomorrow!

 

“Hey...” Jinyoung looked up from his phone to meet a gaze of an unfamiliar man. He was tall and handsome, approximately around  22-24 years old. He was wearing a gold watch and he looks like he has lots on cash in his back account. Maybe he’s one of the sons of the businessmen. Jinyoung gave him a emotionless stare. “I am Sehun. Remember me?” he asked with a sly smirk. He’s hot. I repeat he’s hot. Jinyoung thought but he isn’t attracted. Let’s say he’s just being appreciative.

“I don’t know you. I’m sorry.” He replied. Nervousness oozed in his system. What if someone recognized that he’s Jinyoung? He is sure that he haven’t met this guy anywhere before. Sehun went closer, making Jinyoung’s heart go crazy. This Sehun guy is really creepy. “You don’t remember me, but I remember you so well. You’re the girl who entered the male comfort room earlier.”

Shocked and left with nothing to say, Jinyoung nervously gulped, then he avoided the man’s eyes. Where the are you, Mark?! “Oh. I’m sorry. I was in a hurry earlier so I wasn’t able to see the signs well.” Jinyoung reasoned out to defend his side. His female voice is still on point, which made Sehun crave for more. He fearlessly stepped closer and touched Jinyoung’s hair.

Don’t touch my wig! It might fall off! Jinyoung internally screamed as shivers and chills invaded his body. He knew that his guy right here is up to something, and its not good. Jinyoung moved backwards yet the guy kept on taking a step ahead until Jinyoung’s back hit a concrete wall. Oh . “My condominium is  around here.” Sehun whispered, his hand travelled from Jinyoung’s wig down to his hips. He smirked, a lust-filled one. “We can go there now and have some fun, baby.” Not stopping there, he even attempted to kiss Jinyoung’s neck but Jinyoung pushed him strongly. It felt like Jinyoung was fighting with a colleague. He’s not afraid at all. Why? Because they’re both guys! But then he realized that his outfit isn’t suitable for such battles. Uh oh.

“I like it when girls play hard to get. It really turns me on.” Sehun muttered.

Before making another move to get Jenny, someone arrived and saved the long-haired prince. “Touch my girl and I’ll ing rip you into pieces.” Mark’s words actually made Jinyoung laugh but he must be serious now. Sehun turned around to see Mark, holding the key of his car, without a coat and that goddamn top is ed halfway. Am I inside an oven pre-heated at 375 F or these lads are literally hot?  “So you’re the boyfriend?!” Sehun mocked, taking steps towards Mark. Cocky little bastard. “Can I taste your girl tonight? I’ll give her back tomorrow or maybe I’ll make her mine forever. That sounds better.” Jenny is the luckiest at the moment.

Jinyoung stood few meters away, trying not to laugh. He likes watching wresting and boxing, which is normal for boys. But Mark doesn’t like violence, so there’s no way he would punch or hurt Sehun. I’ll stand here and watch what’s going to happen.

And suddenly, Mark threw a hard punch on Sehun’s face. The opponent fell on the ground effortlessly. Jinyoung was surprised with Mark’s actions; so bold and determined. His face was wearing an angry expression. Wait. What made him angry again? Sehun is slowly standing up, nose bleeding and staining his white button-down. This is when Jinyoung got alarmed. He recalled the last time that Mark fought with someone. That was 3 years ago, freshmen years, and he lost. Based on how Sehun looks, his body composition and all—he could defeat Mark in few punches if he’s really strong.

“Was that your best shot?!” Sehun asked, wiping the blood off his nose. He balled his fist, lifted it up and aimed straight Mark’s jaw. But a strong grip from the back stopped Sehun’s upcoming punch. He faced his side and saw Jenny smiling at him before hitting him hard on the jaw. Special thanks to WWE for teaching Jinyoung some tricks. Dizzy, Sehun lost his balance and Jinyoung took the chance to kick him on his groin.

Amazed, Mark pulled Jinyoung away so they could leave the place. It kinda to disturb Jinyoung’s momentum, but its the best action to prevent the trouble from getting bigger. “Let’s go, Nyoung!” he whispered, so Jinyoung refrained from continuously kicking the guy’s waist. Sehun was curled in pain, wondering how a beautiful girl like her transform into a merciless wrestler. Jinyoung waved at him and followed Mark.

“By the way, I didn’t see your tool earlier at the comfort room. I guess its too small to be seen by the eye. Don’t worry, I’ll bring a microscope next time for a better view of your tiny buddy down there.” And Jinyoung made a flying kiss. All hail, Queen Jenny. Seriously.

 

Mark and Jinyoung got in the car later on. They calmed themselves for a little bit because the happenings tonight are basically unexpected. The engines started and Mark drove, still silent. “What made you punch that dude?” Jinyoung asked, texting Jackson that they’re about to arrive at Fei’s house. “If I were on your place, would you do the same?” Mark gave back the query. Of course, Jinyoung replied as fast as a jet on full speed.

“No.” Jinyoung answered.

“Want to know why I did that?” Mark was quite disappointed that Jinyoung wouldn’t do the same for him. “You are my best friend. I can’t let other people hurt you.” Those words touched Jinyoung’s senses. Throughout his 20 years of existence, he never thought that someone would fight for his sake. “I know you can fight for yourself, but I cant just stand there and watch. I’m not like that.” He added.  He’s not like me. Jinyoung’s views are somehow different with Mark’s. Maybe he failed as friend this time. 

The traffic is moderate, the music from the radio is relaxing, but the loud thumps of Jinyoung’s heart doesn’t waver. “Thanks for saving me.” He said while removing his wig. “I...I’m sorry for causing too much trouble today.” Apologetic, Jinyoung looked at Mark who’s busy driving. “Dude...” he called, yet Mark was silent. “Tuan...” he tried another one, but not even a cold stare was given. Are you mad at me, Mark?! Desperate to get his attention, Jinyoung moved closer and poked his cheeks.

“Jinyoung, I’m driving!” Mark shouted but not in an mad tone. He swatted Jinyoung’s arms away in a gentle manner. “So, are you mad at me? Do you hate me now?” The younger was eager to hear it from his buddy. Jinyoung removed his itchy, girly top, leaving his upper body fully exposed. Its better to know it right away instead of prolonging the grief. Jinyoung would probably die from curiosity. Done with all the non-sense questions, Mark stopped the car on an empty sidewalk. He breathed heavily, and it scared Jinyoung. “M-Mark...”

Mark removed his seatbelt and bent over to hug Jinyoung in the most convenient way. The feeling of Jinyoung’s bare skin calmed all the tensed muscles in Mark’s tired physique. He moved away to see an astonished Jinyoung; both eyes wide open and lips slightly parted. “You’re fortunate, I don’t know how to hate you so I chose not to.” He beamed. Mark took his abandoned coat on the backseat and wore it around Jinyoung’s body to keep him warm. “You saved me too, so stop being an overly-dramatic idiot and let me drive.” Mark went back to driving after reassuring his friend that not even a particle of him is mad.  He gave Jinyoung a small box with three doughnuts in it; strawberry filled, topped with almonds and sesame green tea. “Eat something. Your admirers will surely kill me if I let you die from hunger.”

The happiness inside Jinyoung is undefinable. He’s not Jenny right now; he shouldn’t be feeling butterflies in his stomach, he’s not supposed o blush, he is not allowed to get that tingly sensation. He is Jinyoung—no wig, no flimsy top and no girly voice. This is his best friend, normally hugging him and making him feel important. C’mon! This is normal....or maybe not.

“I know you can’t live without me, Penguin.” Jinyoung confidently said, devouring the strawberry filled doughnut. He was so immersed in eating the sweet treat, so he didn’t notice that there’s red strawberry jam stuck at the corner of his lips. Such a messy eater.

With all his surprise, Mark used his thumb to wipe the jam off Jinyoung’s lips. With a steady look on the  road before them, Mark smiled. “Yeah. I can’t imagine my life without you.”

 

Goals? Goals.