-O2

A Beautiful Catastrophe

Jinyoung woke up to the beeping sound of his phone. It was loudly ringing; so loud that it’s almost impossible not to wake someone from his slumber. He tried to fully open his eyes despite of the sleepiness that still drags him back to dreamland. As he struggled to sit up, the inevitable headache caused by last night’s drinking session prevented him from getting all composed and relaxed. His eyes wandered all over the place. Mark’s room still looks the same, its just that these amount of empty beer cans lying on the floor happened to be too many compared to all their previous drinking sessions. Jackson is also there, few meters away from him, still asleep with clearly no plans of waking up anytime soon. He can’t think about anything else aside from the headache which made him regret taking in a massive volume of alcohol. As the chiming coming from his phone continued, Jinyoung helplessly grabbed it from the ground and answered the call.

“Hello?” he said with a deep voice followed by a long yawn. Jinyoung tried to think of a person that would call him at this time. Not his parents for they know that he’s going to crash on Mark’s place.  Definitely not Jackson! Could it be Yerin? No. She’s not even aware of my existence. Jinyoung thought bitterly after short flashbacks of yesterday’s event entered his still clouded mind. “Good morning, Peachy!” and in a snap, Jinyoung felt his ears burn in extreme annoyance. Without thinking twice, Jinyoung identified the caller, since there’s only one person in his world who shamelessly calls him Peachy.

He took a deep breath. “Peachy your .” He replied while closing his eyes and massaging his forehead. “You left early, Tuan.” He added. With all his surprise, Mark’s voice seemed to sound so normal. In fact, it was like he got a perfect score on a quiz because it’s very vibrant. He’s not the type of person that would be this jolly at 9 AM. Plus, after all the events last night, there’s no way he could act so normal.

Mark laughed on the other line. “I talked to my adviser about my upcoming internship.” He replied. Mark is currently sitting on the bleachers located at the left side of their university’s football field. Good thing, he’s the only one there at that moment. “Just got up?” Mark asked.

“Yeah. My head hurts so bad. I don’t think I can go to school today.” Answered the other with a lazy voice that made Mark burst into laughter. “There’s some food in the fridge, go heat it up. Meet me at the bleachers around 2PM. Please don’t bring Jackson with you.” Mark ordered with a soft tone yet the other can sense his strictness somewhere in there. Jinyoung smiled a little. After all, a caring Mark Tuan still makes him feel fuzzy inside. But the fact that they have to meet at the bleachers and not to mention, without Jackson bothered him a bit. “Uhhmmm...About the food...Thanks.” he said slowly. “And the other one...wha—”

“Gotta go! See you later, Peachy!” and Mark ended the call without even letting Jinyoung talk. Not planning to act like he’s all anxious about what Mark said, he mentally noted to grant his friend’s sudden invitation later on. Suddenly, he felt something tickling his neck. As he reached over to scratched it, strands of long hair curled on his fingers, which freaked him out in an instant. His senses came to life in full force after feeling more of the hair along the back of his neck. He pulled it down and realized that its just a wig—Jackson’s precious wig. What a relief! He exhaled. Well, he must admit that its weird to get nervous over a stupid thing. Putting it on must be a product of his drunkenness.  His hands landed on the necklace that he’s wearing. Where the hell did I got this? He asked himself. But later on recalled that Mark bought it for his y ex-girlfriend. I forgot to remove it. And he carefully unclasped the piece before placing it back inside the box.

What a wild night. He thought. Jinyoung did his best to stand up and grab something to feed his grumbling stomach. But after seeing the clock, breakfast is just impossible now. With only 45 minutes before his first class, Jinyoung sprinted towards Mark’s closet to get a new towel and headed to the bathroom to take the fastest shower ever recorded in the history. 

Jinyoung stepped out of the bathroom with the image of Jackson sitting on the sofa, sober. “Morning, mate!” he greeted Jinyoung with a crooked smile. Its amazing how this human being remains so positive about everything. It’s impossible to catch him frowning. “Mark said there’s some food at the fridge. I need to attend our first class. I’ll just tell our professor that you’re gonna be late.” Jinyoung said in a hurry as he wore his pants. Jackson nodded and looked for his phone. “Now let’s see what’s happening online!” Yawning, Jackson scrolled over his gizmo. Finally, Jinyoung is already close to the finish line. He’s about to leave the room when Jackson’s voice stopped him.

“Park Jinyoung!” Jackson shouted, it made Jinyoung’s heart skip a beat. He glanced back at his friend who’s holding his phone, eyes both opened wide and obviously shocked. Jinyoung went closer to him. “Did...Did Mark brought a girl here last night?!” he questioned in a hurry and in a tensed way. The other searched all corners of his brain for the right answer. He drank a lot but he sure remembers some details. “No. It’s just the three of us here last night. Why?” he replied.

Jackson’s face looked so confused, he felt like it too. He gave his phone to Jinyoung to see the picture that he’s looking at. As soon as Jinyoung laid his sight on the screen, his fingers froze. It was a Instagram post, flooded with likes and comments. “She’s so pretty! Where the hell did Mark got a chick with such charm?!” Jackson spoke after trying to comprehend what he saw. Jinyoung thought of the same, but he felt really, really different inside. The picture was taken at Mark’s place, since the wooden floor acted as the backdrop. There was Mark on the picture with a girl, face slightly covered and wearing a necklace with an anchor pendant. This looks familiar! Jinyoung thought of the necklace that he wore earlier. His heart beat raged badly. Something isn’t right! He looked closely, and fixed all the evidences. What he found out shocked him terribly.

“Mark Tuan, you ing idiot!!!” He yelled like a mad man. He knew it! That was him! He is the beautiful girl in the picture. Now his memory became crystal clear. It was the photo that Mark took before they slept. That ! Jinyoung wanted to flip the entire room due to embarrassment. This picture will surely ruin his name. Jackson was taken aback, so he snatched his phone away from Jinyoung’s hand. Jinyoung breaths heavily while his fist are balled. Mad and annoyed, Jinyoung’s close to breaking something by hand.

Jackson looked at him. “What’s the matter?!” he asked yet the other remained silent. “You know the girl in the picture?” he followed while checking out the comments. This is the time where he will start taking non stop and non sense as well. “Are you dating her? Do you like her? Why are you acting like Mark committed a crime?! Dude, it’s just a –”

“That girl is me!!!”

And the silence lasted for almost 10 seconds. Jackson slowly gazed at Jinyoung and moved closer to him. “What?!” Jackson said, giving him that ‘you’re kidding, right?’ look.

“Mark forced me to wear your wig last night, I asked him if I could wear the necklace that he bought for Minah! And there, we took a photo!” Jinyoung explained with his voice raised and all helpless. “I asked him not to upload it! What a dumb move to trust a drunk person. Ugh!” he screeched. Jackson stood in awe. He simply can’t believe it. Jinyoung looks good, but not even a single atom of him thought that he can turn into a beautiful mess. “Man, you look hot.” Jackson said without full consciousness  with what he’s saying, His words were emitted naturally. A strong kick on his right knee made him settle back to reality. Jinyoung is looking at him fiercely, totally hating Jackson’s out of this world statements. “Shut up!” he said.

Jackson placed both of his hands on Jinyoung’s cheeks and decreased the spaces between their faces. It’s pretty creepy, yet it paralyzed Jinyoung’s body—he wasn’t able to move, but he observed Jackson’s actions. The other stared closely at Jinyoung’s face; as if he’s examining every single inch of it. “Damn! She’s really you!” he busted out. His laughs filled the dead nooks of the room and it intensified Jinyoung’s annoyance. Jackson couldn’t believe it. He never knew that his friend would look this awesome as a lady. “Can you stop?!” Jinyoung requested, hoping that his friend would comply.

“Have you seen the comments?” And Jackson took his phone to browse over the comments section. “All of these people are asking about you! Look! Even the students from another university kept on saying that you’re a living work of art. Even Sungjin, the hot guy from the dance club, asked if you’re good in bed. How’s that, huh?!” Without him knowing, Jinyoung is already holding his own phone and just few seconds away from revealing the girl’s true identity. Jackson fortunately saw it. “Wait up! What are you going to do?!”

Blinded by anger and embarrassment, Jinyoung lost all his chill. “I will tell these people that I’m the one—”

“Are you stupid?!” Jackson interrupted and it shocked Jinyoung a little because Jackson looked so serious and that rarely happens. “People will just make fun of you and Mark! Jinyoung, only the three of us know that you are the person in the photo. The entire human race believes that she’s a normal girl with oozing appeal and beauty. No one knows her name. No one knows that she’s a dude who wore a wig out of drunkenness. Let’s just leave it like this.” He reminded after inspecting every aspect of the now complicated situation. Jackson’s got a point. As long as everyone believes that Mark is with a girl, Jinyoung is safe. Its true that people will just throw shade to them if he’ll reveal himself. It will make the set-up worse. Jinyoung sadly sighed and placed his phone back in his pocket. “I’ll go now. See you later.” And he left.

As Jackson trudged towards Mark’s kitchen, he observed the picture once again with a sly grin on his lips. Jinyoung really slays in every way possible.

 

 

The scorching heat is enough to create tan lines onto someone’s skin or even produce a litre of sweat. Jinyoung’s last class ended too soon and its safe to say that he wasn’t able to catch the lesson very well because his seatmates are talking about the girl in Mark’s picture. His perspired continuously while his ears attentively listened to their conversation instead of today’s lessons. After their professor left, Jinyoung stood up and headed straight to the door. “Hey Jinyoung!” a guy suddenly called him.

“Oh, hi Hyukjae hyung!” Hyukjae is a senior nursing student. Among all the students coming from the health and sciences department, he’s the most popular one. Its not because of his intelligence—yes, he’s smart but once his lower region gets all ready for action, his knowledge evaporates like a drop of water under the sun. In simpler words, a boy who hooks up with random students.  But the fact that some girls think that sleeping with him is a privilege bothers everyone in the campus. That’s beyond pathetic. “You’re close with Tuan, right?” the senior asked, moving closer to Jinyoung. For whatsoever reason, his heart begun beating faster.

“Y-Yeah. W-W-Why?” he stuttered. Jinyoung’s been getting chills whenever he hears Mark’s name. There’s this certain nervousness accompanying it all along. Especially now that Mark is under the splendid spotlight due to that posted picture. Hyukjae grinned. “Do you know the girl in his picture?!” whispered the senior.

Jinyoung’s face blushed right away. He felt balls of sweat all over his forehead. Hyukjae remained still, looking at Jinyoung without having any clue at all. “She’s so beautiful!” Hyukjae added with much emotions. He’s smiling like an idiot as he leaned on the doorframe. “You know what I mean, Jinyoung. That girl is just perfect! Half of her face is somehow covered yet you can already see her elegance...” Jinyoung blushed a little more, fingers shaking in embarrassment. Its greatly awkward to hear numerous people say that he’s pretty. It fears him too, now that his girl version is getting so much attention from the public. “...I could get a just by looking at her.”

“Are you ing crazy!?” Jinyoung lost it there. He screamed too loud, gathering the attention of all the students around them. Everyone hushed as they focused on Hyukjae and JInyoung. It was already late when the younger realized his mistake. Hyukjae was now looking at him differently. Well, who wouldn’t? He dared to raise his voice while talking to the ever so glorious Lee Hyukjae and even called him crazy. “What?!” Hyukjae roared, and a scared Jinyoung wishes that the floor could just eat him whole.

He panicked. Of course he needs to clean this mess right away. “I...I mean you have to see her whole face first, and her body too!” Jinyoung countered and the tension faded slowly. “For example, when you’re eating pizza, you can’t just eat the crust, right? You need to taste all the components to tell if it’s really –”

“Fap-worthy?” Hyukjae interrupted and Jinyoung choked on his own saliva. This guy is really something. Jinyoung already diverted the topic to pizzas and he’s still thinking about dirty things. Nonetheless, he enjoyed talking like a businessman for a while. It was easily seen on Hyukjae’s face that he agreed on Jinyoung’s words of wisdom. The younger sighed in relief, but the solace didn’t lasted too long.

“So, is she Mark’s girlfriend?!” Lost in a situation in which both Mark and him are at risk, he tensed up once again. His nervousness is close to its peak and he’s scared that he might blurt out the wrond words if he lost his grip. But the agony is just starting. “I want to know it too!” Jinyoung’s classmate popped out of nowhere and comfortably wrapped an arm around his shoulders.  

Jinyoung turned to see him. “Seungcheol?!” and the student gave him a toothy smile. He’s pretty close with Jinyoung too, but Jackson hates him so they can’t spend time together. “Yes! I saw that picture too! That’s her girl?” Seungcheol intrigued. Whoa. He never thought that his kid would be this nosy.

“Tuan’s been getting lots of beautiful faces nowadays...” a more stiff voice butted it. He stood near Hyukjae and gave him a high five. Hanbin joined the conversation—he’s one of those students who once bullied Mark during their freshmen years. “I’d do anything to steal that girl. Is she in a relationship with Tuan?!” 3 people asking the same question yet Jinyoung could feel his all blood boiling in fear. He can’t simply say yes or no because he needs the opinions coming from the ‘Man of the Hour’ himself.

And for the final hurrah, “I guess this commotion is about Mark’s girl, am I right?” Another student named Taehyung said as he joined the discussion. Jinyoung’s head was about to burst. The pressure coming from these gentlemen swallows him little by little until all the courage inside him disappear. His knees are shaking, as bad as how his heart is. He sweated more. He was surrounded by people asking if he is Mark’s girl—the girl version of him though. It was beyond nerve-wrecking and he’s just an inch away from hyperventilating

Overwhelmed by the sudden twist of emotions, he did something that could conclude this non-sense. “I DON’T KNOW!!!” Shoving the crowd before him, he ran away from the place as fast as he could. He knew that the question still remained unattended, but he’d rather tell a lie instead of collapsing due to sudden stress and pressure. As he rapidly left the area, his feet took him towards the place where he’s supposed to meet Mark.

The football field is empty; who would play football under the 2PM heat? Satan. He can see Mark, sitting in the bleachers with a book on his hand. knows how to read. Jinyoung whispered to himself. He can’t help but to get angry at Mark. It may be too shallow but it still feels odd. He’ll be naive enough if he allowed Mark to just get away with it peacefully. He suffered already—those comments, the questions and the attention— everything is foreign to him.

“Damn you, !” Jinyoung greeted Mark with much hate. He coldly tossed his bag beside the guy and gave him stern look. Mark smiled at him as if nothing is happening, apparently, this angered Jinyoung even more. “Hey beautiful!” Mark greeted back while controlling his laughter. Too bad, Park Jinyoung is not in the mood for jokes now. “What the hell do you want?!”

“Nyoung, let’s take this easy...” Mark was surprised by his pal’s aggressiveness. Why is he so mad? Mark thought. He was just about to continue, yet Jinyoung talked. “Take this easy?! I’m not like—”

“Yeah! I’m not like you. You know, I don’t understand where all your anger is coming from.” The voice is toned down, yet both men are standing now. Mark tried his best not talk normally. He must not reciprocate Jinyoung’s emotions or they will absolutely spark a fight. “Jackson gave me a call this morning. He said that you’re all mad about the picture. Listen to me, Jinyoung. Only the three of us know that you are the girl the picture. I asked some of my friends earlier, they have no idea at all!”

Cliché. JInyoung heard it again, although its more striking now that it came from Mark. “Can you take it down?” he replied, pertaining to the picture. Mark raised his brows, obviously disagreeing with the other’s plans. “What’s the use of deleting it? It’s too late. Trust me, there’s nothing to worry about.” He assured the other who seemed to be having his peace of mind now. They sat beside each other. “I just can’t help but to feel worried. I swear, I will never wear a wig again.”

With that, Mark immediately felt his stomach churn. He’s been dying to tell Jinyoung something but he’s afraid of his reaction. It was a matter that he’s been thinking about since morning. Pretty impulsive to decide while under the influence of strong feelings, Mark believes that this will still work. “Uhmmm...About that...Can I ask you a favor?” he gently spoke. Jinyoung smiled and hit his shoulder. “Sure! Anything for you, bud!” he replied cheerfully, as if he’s not fuelled with too much bad vibes earlier. Mark took a deep breath. He can’t let this chance pass by. There’s actually no one there to stop him, just the thought of their friendship falling apart pulls him away from dropping his question. He took another inhale. This is it. There’s no going back.

 

“Be my girlfriend.”

 

Jinyoung laughed and it stunned the other. “Ohhh! Me? As your girl—” and he snapped back to the truth. “WHAT?!”

Mark panicked after seeing Jinyoung’s awful reaction. “I mean you have to wear a wig, girly clothes, make-up, act like a lady and stuff. Come on, Jinyoung! Please help me.”

“What the hell!? Just go and find a new girl!” JInyoung suggested. “Can’t you see that just a photo of us already made me feel so uneasy. Now you want me to go all girly and much worse, act as your girlfriend! Why would I do that?!” and he’s about to leave. He can’t believe that Mark could come up with such stupid ideas like this one.

Though JInyoung’s opposing words were too strong to handle, Mark knows how to be persevering. He took his phone out of his pocket. “Look at this.” Jinyoung did. “Minah commented on our picture. I told her that I also have a girlfriend, right? I told her that I cheated her too. Now everyone, including her, believes that you’re my girlfriend.” Mark explained while constantly regretting the fact that he used the lamest comeback to get even with Minah.

“I get it now! You’ll use me as a live evidence to support your lies” Jinyoung cleared while crossing his arms. For his part, its somehow offensive to hear such things. Mark knew that Jinyoung took it in a way that he shouldn’t. It turned out that he’s the bad guy; he really is the bad guy here, but not that bad at all. “Jinyoung-ah! Just help me, please! Once is enough and I’ll be truly thankful for that. Please! I’ll take full responsibility for everything.” Mark begged, he was at the verge of kneeling down when Jinyoung held him up. They cant let other people see them like this and create issues that are products of misunderstanding.

“You know that I’ll always help you, right? But this is too much, Mark. I don’t think I can grant your request. I have plenty of problems to face as well.” Jinyoung replied in dismay. He hated turning down his friends’ pleas, but he can’t just take them all without even considering his welfare. “About the exchange student program?” Mark spoke, Jinyoung slowly nodded and looked down.

They both allowed a small time to pass, none of them talked. “Check the things inside your bag.” Mark ordered out of the blue. Curious, Jinyoung followed. It scared him too; what if he lost his wallet? How will he get home? What if he lost his book or his term paper? He nervously ped his bag and inspect all the essentials that he should carry to survive. They’re complete though. “Is there something missing?” Mark asked. Jinyoung felt anxious about it. There must be something that he misplaced or left because Mark will never ask such things if he’s bringing the right materials. Books, notebooks, pens, papers and handouts, wallet, extra shirt, perfume, earplugs – “Where’s my application form!?” Jinyoung shouted at the top of his lungs.

“It’s already at the registrars office. I took it from your bag this morning and I passed it upon arriving here.” Confidently, Mark said to a confused Jinyoung.

“B-B-But the application has end—” 

Mark rolled his eyes and clapped in front of Jinyoung to wake him completely. “My uncle is working in the registrar’s office, remember? I asked him to get your paper and include it for the evaluations Well, I told him that some students butted in the line so you didn’t make it to the cut off. Fortunately, he accepted it. All you need to do now is to keep your records good, wait for the results and....” he went closer to the younger and whispered close to his ear. “...be my girlfriend.”

So this is how he plays?! Jinyoung thought. As much as he wanted to hug his buddy for the huge help that could change his life, he also wanted to kick him in the head because the deal that he’s proposing right now can change his life too. “I know that it’s not right to ask for something in return whenever you help someone, but can you please return the favor this time?” Jinyoung closed is eyes and searched for a better answer. He wants to help, yet he wants to keep himself away from Mark and Minah’s issues. Its just that he will surely feel guilty if he discards the request. He doesn’t want to make Mark feel bad. He doesn’t want to look bad too.

“Just don’t put a lot of make-up, you know I have a sensitive skin.”

And a wide beam grew on Mark’s lips. His eyes sparkled and Jinyoung never saw this happy before. “I’ll take that as a yes.” And he gave Jinyoung a tight embrace. “Thank you so much, dude.” He mumbled as the other still questions himself if he did the right thing. Well, there’s no way he could back out now. He must be a man of his words. Atleast he’s a few steps closer to his dreams. Thanks to Mark, and his connections.

Mark pulled away from the hug. “I need to attend my last class now. Meet me here at 4PM. See you later!” and he happily left. Jinyoung felt like he just did another wrong move. “I’m screwed.” He lied down and collected all the energy and self-esteem that he might need sooner or later.

 

 

Time flew really fast, 2 hours gone by and Jinyoung found himself still sitting on the same old spot where he sat earlier. The football field now has students, freshmen to be exact. Mark should be here by now. He thought. There are a dozen of unanswered questions lingering in his mind. Although he now made an agreement with his pal, he can’t just let his curiosity unfed.

“JInyoungie!” Mark called, walking towards him with his bright grin. “Let’s go!” he added after holding Jinyoung’s wrist and dragging him playfully away from the place. They left the university quickly and rode a cab. Jinyoung kept his mouth shut and reserved all the questions later. “Where are we going?” that’s the least he could ask.

Mark gave him a comforting look. “My sister’s house.”

“What?! Why are we going there? It’s not her birthday!” Jinyoung said in surprise. Mark just giggled and begun texting someone. After few minutes, the car stopped right in front of Fei’s house. Fei is Mark’s elder sister. She is a stylist who works in New York, as of now, she’s in China for some seminars so these mice can play around her territory.

They got off and Mark leaded his friend inside. This is not Jinyoung’s first time to this place. They’ve been here for a couple times before. Her house is big for a single lady. Mark sat on the couch and watched Jinyoung’s movements. “Why are you so tensed?!” Mark asked, removing his shoes and throwing it somewhere. “Sit here.” He patted the vacant space beside him and JInyoung sat there afterwards. As always, Mark becomes an instant stripper when he gets home from school. He usually removes every damned material on his body, except from his tank top and boxer shorts, and randomly throws it across the room.

“Hey...” Mark whispered ily on Jinyoung’s ear; hot air tickling his cheeks. “What the ?!” If JInyoung would get a dollar for every ‘What The ’ that he said today, he’ll be a millionaire before midnight. “You need to act shy whenever I’m doing that! That’s how girls act.” Mark explained, indirectly saying that he’s just practicing. Jinyoung rolled his eyes and sighed. “Remember, you are my girlfriend.” Mark added, hitting Jinyoung’s head with a pillow.

“Not all girls do that. Some would kick your balls if you try whispering to them like a ually frustrated human being.”  

Before Mark could respond, the door opened and the most unexpected person came in. “Am I late? What did I missed?” Jackson’s loud voice echoed all over the place. Mark grinned and wrapped an arm around Jinyoung’s shoulders. “Meet my girl.” The two laughed, yet Jinyoung held his feels down. He’s used to their humor anyway. There’s no use if he’ll get mad. After all, he accepted the offer. “Give me a wig first.” Jinyoung said then joined the short fun.

Jackson was the first one to stop. “Come on, guys! The reservation is at 7PM. You two can’t be late!”

Jinyoung was caught off guard. “Huh? What reservation?” Clueless as he is, Jackson looked surprised as well.

“You two are going to have a double diner date with Minah and Wonho tonight at 7PM.” Jackson declared. “You didn’t tell him about this, Tuan?” he asked the other guy on the couch. Mark shook his head before scratching his nape. Jinyoung was beyond thrilled after hearing it. Why does it have to be so early? They just closed the deal this afternoon and the mission will already start after few hours?! Mark deserves an of the year award for his stupidity lately. Jinyoung whispered to himself.

Mark felt a strong punch on his right arm, hard enough that a purple bruise formed seconds later. “Why are you two making plans without me?! I’m playing a crucial role here! You should’ve gave me enough briefing! I’m not yet prepared for this –”

Tired of all the discussions, Jackson went closer to Jinyoung and dragged him upstairs. “The only preparations that you’ll be needing...” he talks while walking. They went on a large room filed with all kinds of fashionable and expensive clothes, branded cosmetics, countless stilettos, eye catching accessories and designer bags owned by Fei. Jinyoung can’t believe what he’s witnessing. “...are these.” Jackson ended as he closed the door behind them.

“Fei will surely kill us.” JInyoung remarked. “She will kill me first.” Mark said as he started looking for clothes that could match Jinyoung’s body type. “No need to look, dude. I have one here.” Jackson walked towards Jinyoung, who’s sitting on a small chair, with a back dress on hand. “You need to be y. Try this!” he gave the dress to Jinyoung and the younger had no choice but to wear it.

It turned out awful. The dress is fitted that it could rip in no time. “You expect me to look y? Man, can you see these muscles?!” Jinyoung pointed on his arms and legs. “Can we just settle for a simple look?” he suggested. He removed the dress and sat back on the chair with only his underwear on. Jackson and Mark were doing all the searching job since they got more knowledge about girls.

“You need to meet Minah’s expectations!” Jackson answered, pulling more clothes from the closet. Mark begun looking for shoes and accessories. Jinyoung saw the clothes that Jackson picked. They are all way too revealing or daring. He can’t imagine why women wear it. Yes, they can flaunt what they have but they’re close to being totally .

Jinyoung broke his silence. His opinions should be considered too. “Let’s put it this way. I want Minah to think that Mark didn’t fell in love with her because of her features. Its better to give an innocent yet classy impression. Honestly, I want to insult her! I mean, she will realize that Mark prefers a normal girl over her. And if she speaks about me or Mark, I can answer her with much sass because my brain isn’t located on my ankles, unlike her.” And the other guys listened very well. “Trust me, I got this.”

Mark agreed. “You have a point.” Jackson said the similar words.

“Found the right one for you, dude!” Jackson happily said. He placed the material on the bed and dragged Jinyoung near the mirror. He was welcomed with lots of cosmetics. “Make-up time!” he popped the cap of a concealer and carelessly applied it onto JInyoung’s face. “Where did you learned this?!” Jinyoung struggled to ask, Jackson’s been putting too much powder on his face, making him sneeze.

The guy pinched JInyoung’s cheek. “I watched Youtube tutorials all day while getting rid of the hangover.”  Woah there, Jackson. “Wait, you look better with no make-up on! I think eye-liner, mascara and lipstick will do.” And the session went on. Jinyoung endured everything, not until he felt a cool blade running along his legs. He looked down and saw Mark, shaving his leg hair. Damn you, Yien.

“You need to act like a lady. Be like your younger sister, Chaeyoung.” Jackson reminded after adding the final touches on Jinyoung’s make-up. “Use a softer voice, act like a legit girlfriend to Mark. Your acting sometimes but you must bring home the bacon tonight. Just be cautious about your actions. No one must mess up, okay?” Jackson talked like a coached which made Mark and JInyoung burst into laughter.

Realizing that working in threes is time consuming, Jinyoung noticed one thing. “Mark...” and the guy looked up at to meet his gaze. “Go ahead and change. Jackson and I can finish this.” Mark stood up. “You sure?” he asked and Jinyoung nodded vigorously. “Okay. I’ll see you downstairs.”

 Mark wore the a nice pair of jeans, a light pink button down top, white sneakers and a simple wrist watch. He must pick the right OOTD. Jinyoung’s style is very pleasant. They chose to go for the outfits that couples would wear in an afternoon park date. It fits their age as well. He headed downstairs and waited for his friends to come down.

 

An hour before the clock strikes 7PM, Mark’s heart pumped loudly. His fear gradually crept all over his physique. He’s unsure if he could face Minah like nothing happened yesterday. He’s scared that this poorly designed plan of them might fail. Most of all, he’s terrified with the idea of him breaking down with anger after seeing Minah and Wonho in front of him.  

“Mark...”

A voice captured his attention, so he looked up. His world seemed to stop moving after seeing the person who called his name. She is beyond beautiful. Her hair is long and shiny, with light curls that made her look elegant. A simple pink dress looked so perfect on her body, alongside with an ed, oversized peach-colored polo to cover her large toned arms and to hide her man like body structure. Her legs are light and smooth—creamy thighs and supple too. She rocked the typical girl look and ended it with a pair of white sneakers. Her leg muscles are toned as well, but its not a big deal at all. She’s wearing a nice necklace with an anchor pendant. Her face could surely snatch any guy’s sight. She walked down in the most alluring way. “This dress in so damn itchy!” she complained with that low male voice. What...He’s a guy!

“J-J-Jinyoung?!” Mark muttered in disbelief and Jinyoung nodded as he gave up on acting too poised while scratching his back. Jinyoung went back to his natural self; the way he does things when he’s not wearing any girl stuff. “Good thing, Jackson knows how to hide these muscles. But I swear, I feel like I’m not wearing anything! This dress is too short and itchy!” he complained while stomping his feet. Mark lost all his ability to listen. He’s absenmindlyley looking at how gorgeous Jinyoung is and why he didn’t notice that he’s a boy at first sight. Why not? With a guy this pretty, how can you still label him as a male easily?  

Jackson followed Jinyoung and wrapped an arm around his slender waist. “Call her Jenny. Park Jenny.” Jinyoung nodded and wore his girly habits that Jackson taught him earlier. He stood like a proper lady and carried a small purse with much class. Even the way he tucks his wig behind his ears—it seems like he took a pill that made him a woman in an instant. ”Jinyoungie, you’re so cute!” Jackson pinched his cheek. “But I think Jaebum would still choose Jinyoung over Jenny.” He insulted and Jinyoung just ignored it because he doesn’t have time to deal with all those stupid Jaebum jokes.

“Go call a cab before it gets late!” Jackson ordered, Jinyoung walked towards Mark who’s mentally drooling at how his friend looked like after all the transformation. He’s not wearing much make-up though, but he appeared too feminine. Maybe he’s already this beautiful all along, I just failed to notice it before. Mark thought. “Don’t forget about the manners, Nyoung! Be a girl tonight!” Jackson reminded as he opened the door for the two. “Mark, take care of Jinyoung...I mean Jenny!” Mark agreed. “Thanks for all your help, dude.” He spoke before giving Jackson a high five.

“No problem. The three of us know that we’ll do anything to help each other, right?! Good luck to the both of you!” After bidding farewell, Jinyoung looked at Mark with a smile of his face. “Nice outfit you got there, Tuan!” he said in a manly voice yet he changed it too a girly one after realizing that he slipped out and they laughed. “Same goes to you. I wasn’t able to recognize you earlier. Good thing, you’re wearing the necklace. I told Minah that I bought it for you ” Replied the other with a clearer way of thinking now.

Mark made a sigh. He wished that this night would turn out good. The act starts now. From this second forward till the time they arrive home late tonight, he is Jenny’s boyfriend. As they waited for a cab to pass by, Mark whispered.  “You are so beautiful.” Then he laughed. Jinyoung took as some sort of lowkey teasing.

Jinyoung gazed at Mark, tired of all the praise that he’s been getting since morning. Everyone’s been saying that for the entire day, both in school and on Instagram. They see him a girl and it still makes Jinyoung feel strange. “Suit yourself, dude. I have a .”

 

Shortly, they’ll be meeting Minah and his man. So far, this event tops the list of most nerve-wrecking things that Jinyoung dared to do. I wonder how Minah would react. Jinyoung thought as he hoped for a successful task ahead.