Hyorin's Answer.

The Match-Making Maid [Hiatus]

“Miahne,” Hyorin said as Junhyung got into the car wordlessly.

“Junhyung,” she began before being interrupted by the loud sounds of the starting car. She took it as a hint that it’d be best not to press the subject as of now, and waited for a better moment to talk things through.

The drive back to Hyorin’s condo was extremely quiet, only the sound of tires on the wet asphalt road echoed throughout the ride. Hyorin would occasionally glance over to Junhyung in hopes of starting a conversation but he was still distant, fixated solely on driving. No matter how many times she looked over to him, or how many times she would sigh and clear in a desperate attempt to get his attention, he remained oblivious to her actions. She knew it wasn’t because he unaware of what she was doing, but more so he was intentionally ignoring her. I mean it wasn’t his fault he was like this, if only she could go back in time and undo what she’d done. Staring into the star filled night sky, with the wind blowing against her face Hyorin had never felt so lonely, so guilty, and sorry for what she did. 

-flashback-

“Kim Hyorin will you marry me?”

Hyorin was unresponsive stunned by Junhyung’s proposal. She blankly stared at him as he remained on his knees, his eyes anxious for an answer, and here she was unable to provide him with a response. A part of her wanted to scream yes from the top of her lungs running into his open arms, but a part of her was hesitant. Doubts started to fill her mind as she debated the options she had. As much as she loved Junhyung she wanted to wait. With everything currently going on in her life; her parent’s financial situation, and having to pretend to be someone’s personal maid, she felt like she would only be hurting Junhyung. If by saying yes she wouldn’t be able to fully devote herself to Junhyung, trying to balance out everything would only complicate matters.

“Look hyung I think he’s going to propose,” Yoseob said pointing to the table 3 rows down. But Hyunseung didn’t care he remained still, his back in direction of Hyorin and Junhyung.

“It’s pointless.”

“What is?” Yoseob asked.

“It’s such a pity, it will all end the same, he proposes and she either says yes or no.  Either way in the end he will be the only one hurt. No let’s wait or she’ll ing say yes ….. and then call it off,” he said as he stabbed his dinner. Obviously venting out his own bottled up frustrations over his failed relationships.

“Hyorin …. what do you say?” Junhyung asked, interrupting her thoughts.

“Junhyung-shhi,” Hyorin said as she knelt down beside him, “I think we should wait.” placing her hand over his.

Hyorin sat there for what seemed like forever waiting for him to respond. The obvious hurt was written all over his face, the way his arms dropped down to his sides, was already making Hyorin question her decision.

“Junhyung,” she said softy slowly reaching out to him.

“It’s okay I understand,” he said as he stood up putting away the ring. “You’re right we shouldn’t rush into things,” he said forcing a smile and laugh. But through the façade Hyorin knew how he really felt. She could feel the sorrow behind his smile, the pain in his laugh, and the reason behind his silence.

Junhyung then helped Hyorin up and put his jacket over her.

“It’s cold outside.”  He said and  walked towards the front door, leaving Hyorin following behind.

“See,” Hyunseung said as he turned around only to catch a glimpse of the back side of  Hyorin and Junhyung leaving, “told you she’d say no.”

-end of fb-

As they pulled into the empty parking lot the mood was still somber, the entire drive and not a single word spoken.  The eerie silence was agonizing for Hyorin, unbearable to the point of wanting to cry helplessly. For as long as she can remember never had there been a time during their relationship where he had ignored her to this extent. Yes, they had petty arguments here and there but nothing like this. Whether it was him being mad at her or she at him they’d always forgave each other instantly, however, this time was different.

 Junhyung walked Hyorin to the main lobby entrance, “Goodnight,” he whispered as he gently pushed aside her bangs softly kissing her forehead.

Hyorin could only stand there as her boyfriend walked away, sadden and disappointed with herself. Just as she turned away walking to the door Junhyung finally spoke.

“Do you still love me?”

Startled by the question Hyorin could only stand there speechless.

“Hyorin, do you still love me?” he asked again.

“What,” she asked walking to him.

“I’ve noticed that you been ignoring me lately, before whenever I asked you out you’d never reject me. But nowadays you’re always busy with work that I feel you don’t even have time for me. It’s like I don’t even matter to you anymore.”

Hyorin stood there her attention slowly starting to fade, Junhyungs voice trailing off slowly becoming faint.  

“I’m probably coming off as selfish right now, but I don’t care. I miss you Hyorin. I miss having you by my side, I miss the times we shared together, I miss ”

Junhyung lost his breath stopping short of finishing his sentence. Hyorin’s sudden hug surprised him.

 “Why would you ask me this?”

Junhyung looked down at his girlfriend shocked by the tears that were forming. He didn’t mean to make her cry. He was just stressed and frustrated with how things were going, and tonight wasn’t helping.

“Hyorin, I didn’t mean to yell, it’s just I’m a little upset that’s all.” He explained.

Hyorin still hugging Junhyung whispered, “I know, and of course I love you.”

“I know you do.” Junhyung replied tightening their hug, “I love you too.”

"Lets talk about this later, go in and get some rest."

Hyorin was still sleeping when she heard her phone ringing. Slowly still half asleep she looked at her clock and it was only 8 in the morning. Hyorin reached for her phone, it was a text. Who could it possibly be this early she thought to herself.

From: Physco.

Hyorin had totally forgot about Hyunseung with everything that had happen last night.

YAHHHH!!! Maid!!!! Where are you? Where the hell is my breakfast?! HELLLLLOOOOO!!!!! >:(

 

 

 

- GUISEEEEE it's been forever, lol thanks for being so patient. I know the pace of the story is going super slow but here you go.