The Plan Is Set.

The Match-Making Maid [Hiatus]

“Yah Jang Geu Rim is that you?” I heard.

I was slightly startled not by a random person calling out to me but because her uniquely, husky voice sounded so familiar. Before I looked at her I started to slowly register in my mind where I had heard her voice. No way it couldn’t be, I haven’t seen her since school ended a year ago I thought to myself. I slowly shifted my head to the right to see who it was. At the door stood a girl who looked the same age as me smiling widely holding a green tea frappacino as well. There was only one girl I knew who loved it as much as I did.

“Kim Hyorin?”

“So it is you, I see you’re still addicted to this drink as well, “she chimed walking towards me. “Wow I hardly recognized you; you’ve gotten pretty, still not as beautiful as me though.” She said jokingly, letting out her one of a kind laughter.

We took a seat near the window and started to catch up with each other. Turns out Hyorin lives not too far from me. She rented out one of those expensive condos in Seoul. 

“Geu Rim how can you not know your friend lives in one of our buildings.” She said pouting before smiling again.

Surprisingly she rented a condo that belong to Jang So, my mother’s company.

Ever since school ended Hyorin has been helping those who’ve suffered traumatic life experiences. She called herself an inspirational life coach, a motivator, and then giggled. I may not have changed much beside my physical features but Hyorin on the other hand was completely different. She no longer wore her think granny glasses, and she also had her braces removed. Now she looked like a sophisticated business woman. Back in college Hyorin was the biggest nerd I knew. Lol actually we both were. Wow how things change.

I told her about how I had started working with my mother helping her run the family business now. I also told her that I no longer live alone but with my mother, since I had to take care of a “sick” family member.  We spent the next hour or so just talking catching up with one another.

*sigh* how I’ve missed our one on one girl talks.

Hyorin’s POV

“Ummm Hyorin…..can I ask you favor?” Geu Rim asked me shyly.

I was surprised by her sudden request, I nodded hesitantly, “Sure of course you can.”  Still a little worried about what she was going to ask me.

Her happy go lucky attitude was now serious. “About you helping someone with painful experiences …. Can you help me?”

“Yes, always but I’m just curious, who is it again?”

“My brother.” She said looking at her cup

I had totally forgotten that she has an older brother. She had told me stories about him but I’ve never gotten the chance to meet him. Through all the stories she told me I knew she loved her brother dearly. In all her stories he was superman always helping and protecting her from danger so to speak.

“So what happened to him?” I asked as I tried to get more info on the situation.

“Well you see it’s actually complicated.” She said rubbing the back of her neck.

“My brother was left at the altar on the day of his wedding day and now he refuses to meet a new woman and hates love and anything to do with it. “ She said all in one breathe. “I want you to help me get him to meet a new girl also to make him normal again.”

What? Normal again what does she mean, Hyorin said under her breath.

“I don’t know, I don’t think I should get myself involved with someone’s personal feelings especially love. I’ve only work with those who have mental issues.” Hyorin said trying to turn her down as nicely as she can.

“Please.” Geu Rim begged.

“I don’t know.”

“Look I’ll pay you.” Geu Rim offered. “You just told me about how your parents are struggling to pay off the debts they owe.”

Hyorin’s family owned an animal abandonment center that focused on helping stray and abandoned dogs around Seoul. Ever since Hyorin was a little girl she had always loved dogs. However recently with her dad’s injured back work has been tough on her parents. Also donations are dwindling and buying much needed supplies for the dogs are getting harder. So in order to support themselves and the dogs her parents took out a loan, and now not being financially stable it was just another thing added to their list of hardships.

 After thinking this through I’d finally agree.

“Fine.” I said with my parents in mind, “only until I find someone he likes, okay you’re lucky I like you and I need the money.” Hyorin said teasingly. “But what do you mean return to normal.” I asked

“Oh nothing.” Geu Rim said as she smiled excitedly happy that Hyorin agreed to help.

“I promise you won’t regret it Hyorin my brother is one of the nicest man on this planet also he’s extremely handsome.” Geu Rim said obviously ecstatic that Hyorin agreed to help.

So the plan was set. Hyorin would disguise herself as a maid to enter into the Jang household. Geu Rim doesn’t want Hyorin to go in to her home as a counselor; she wants Hyorin to pretend to be a maid and observe Hyunseung and try to reform him. If Hyorin went as a counselor, Hyunseung would be totally against it. He is suffering from depression but doesn’t want help.

-end of POV-

It was the first day since they set their master plan into action and Hyorin was extremely nervous. She had never met him before but with all praising Geu Rim has done he couldn’t have been that bad right…

Earlier she had met the other helpers of the Jang household.  One of the helpers was Minjun, Minjun,17, a quiet and rather shy guy. As Hyorin introduced herself to him he politely bowed said his name and returned back to his chores. Although he was a 4 years younger than Hyorin, he was already towering over her. Then there was Daeun,19. She was the complete opposite. She was a very happy person, however she was extremely clumsy. When Hyorin first met her she was so excited to meet a new helper that she forgot she was holding a serving tray and she ended up throwing all the food on the ground out of pure excitement.

At least she wouldn’t be alone, Hyorin thought to herself. Happy she had made new friends.

The first task of the day was given to the 3 of them. It was wake up Hyunseung and bring him down for breakfast.

With that being said Minjun and Daeun immediately looked at one another.

“You go, Daeun,” Minjun said.

“I don’t want to. I got him yesterday it’s your turn.” Daeun whined

“Please noona I’ll buy you ice cream.” Minjun offered as he tried to avoid waking up Hyunseung.

The bickering continued for 15, until Hyorin finally spoke up.

“It’s okay I’ll go.” Hyorin said. “I wonder what he’s like anyways.”

Minjun and Daeun looked at each other shocked. “Really?” they both said in unison.

“Of course, what can possibly go wrong.” Hyorin said unaware of what was about to happen.

Quickly the 2 used it to their advantage.

“Really, Thanks noona you’re the best. Good luck okay, no matter what don’t give up!”  Minjun said cheerfully. Now completely different from before.

 “Unnie thank you so much just be careful arraso, FIGHTING.” Daeun said before the both of them quickly ran off.

Hyorin heard “Please forgive us.” As their voices trailed off. Laughing to herself she started to make her way.

Hmmm what was that about Hyorin thought to herself. It wasn’t like they were sending her off to war or anything. “I mean I’m just waking him up for breakfast it couldn’t be that bad….. right?”

The house was huge it took Hyorin forever to find his room. After 20 minutes she was finally in front of his room.

*knock, knock, knock* but there was no answer. The door was unlocked so Hyorin made her way in only to find ……

 

 

*What do you guys think so far???  Sorry if the last 2 chapter seem kinda boring and rushed. I’ll try to make the next one entertaining. Also I promise you’ll finally get to meet Hyunseung and Junhyung in the next chapter.*

Cmnts. & Suggestions are welcomed (: