Chasing Boys

Fall // Leave // Run

YOONGI

 

To: Jungkook
From: Yoongi
did u cpme home befode me
Sent 9:18am
To: Jungkook
From: Yoongi
where are u?
Sent: 9:24am
To: Jungkook
From: Yoongi
sERIOUSLY WHAT THE YOUANSWER ME YOU PIECE OF
Sent 10:02am
To: Jungkook
From: Yoongi
If you don't answer I'm kicking you out
Sent 10:05am
To: Jungkook
From: Yoongi
Jungkook where are you?
Sent: 10:06am
To: Jungkook
From: Yoongi
you
Sent: 11:13am

To: Jungkook
From: Yoongi
don't come back sick of your
Sent: 11:20am

 

I'm sitting in my car, fingers itching to turn the ignition and run these people over because they look so happy and aren't looking for little brothers. This is why I hate people. I check my phone again before making sure the ringer is on full volume and flinging it on the passenger seat. I feel like a clingy- Yeejin texting him like this. But he's the good one, he never pulls like this. Ever.
I am worried. I've got a pounding headache and am a little hung over but I don't care. I will wring his neck. I just need to find him first. Roaming all over town I grow more and more desparate. I try ringing his phone again - no answer.

 

To: Jungkook
From: Yoongi
forget everything I said just come home now please
Sent 12:18pm

 

JIMIN
I've been having dreams. Weird, fantasy like dreams. Not wet ones, ew, but like the kind where they feel so real but they really aren't. I know for a fact that they are not real.

Because Jin shows up in my dreams a lot.

At first I thought they were memories. But the places we used to hang out in look different and it looks too colorful, so they're not. We're all there. Everything is like old times, but we're our ages now. Definitely dreams.

Everyone is pretty much like their kid selves except for Jin and Jungkook. Jin is like himself, but something's bothering him. Jungkook is always pulling him somewhere to talk about things I don't know. I point it out to the guys but they just mock me and say I'm taking my guy crush a little too far. They fail to see my point because they're too preoccupied in their own business to see that when Jin comes back he's sometimes puffy eyed or quieter than before.

For the most part, the dreams are real fun. I never have to worry about anything. There are no pressures and I feel free. Until I wake up, that is. The first time was the hardest because I woke up feeling so happy, only to have my mom shaking me awake to get ready for his funeral.

Nobody else is in my dreams, like even in places you'd expect. When we we're driving on the road, there were no other cars for miles. No checkout assistants at the shops we'd drop by. They were still open though and the others paid the proper amount like normal. Maybe I'm just not imaginative enough to create strangers in dreamland.

With each dream I feel heavier like I'm sinking. When I wake up, I gasp for air and my eyes shoot open, as if I'd been close to drowning. I began to dread when the sun would come down. At the same time I couldn't help but look forward to laying my head down because it also meant seeing Jin.
It makes me sad when he asks things I don't like answers to. And it seems like Jungkook and I are the only ones affected. Like the time he asked to go back to the docks. His voice being tactful in case we rejected him, unsure. I didn't help, I looked at him like he was crazy. But you can't. I'm glad I knocked out after that.
The next dream I had after, I woke up on the floor. Jin was watching us and when I stirred, he beamed at me saying he'd made breakfast.

"Pumped for the beach today?"
"Jin."
"Save it."
"Jin."
"Let me be for five minutes, Jungkook! That's all I ask, Jungkook!"

They narrowed eyes at each other before Jin turned to smile at me again, to which Jungkook scoffed at. Other than that, that day/night was like any other. We were carefree and did whatever we wanted. The beach stretched for miles and we owned it all. In the back of the truck I closed my eyes trying to hold on to this feeling so I wouldn't be as crushed when I woke up.

 

JUNGKOOK

It takes me a while to get that I stayed the night at Namjoon's. My throat hoarse from all the drama last night, I pad along his place in silence to catch him round. The breakfast burrito I'm greedily eyeing has a note underneath it.

 

Stay as long as you want. Don't trash the place while I'm gone.
If you're gonna leave, lock up and stuff the key in the seat of the
grey chair out front. Shower you stink. Check your phone.
Namjoon

 

I pushed it aside to worry about after I scarf down the burrito and possibly destroy what little Namjoon has in his fridge. He's quite lucky he seems to live on tea. Yuck. I take my time cleaning up and when I return to check on my phone my eyes bug out. 13 missed calls and 40+ new text messages - all from Yoongi. The more I read through them, the more I realize I'm in deep .

To: Jungkook
From: Yoongi
forget everything I said just come home now please
Recieved 12:18pm

To: Yoongi
From: Jungkook
I'm fine coming home now
Sent 1:22pm

To: Jungkook
From: Yoongi
Where from?
Recieved 1:22pm

I never get the chance to reply because my phone rings. His name flashes on my screen and I wince. I must of really did him in if he's bothering to call.

"H-hello?"
"Where from?"
"Namjoon's place, I'll come now... Yoongi?"
"No, I'll get you."
"But he lives somewh-"
"Wait for me or I'll drop kick your back to mom's. Just text me the address."

And he hangs up. I was expectlng him to blow my phone up. He was surprisingly calm. Maybe he's saving up for when we meet in person. Yikes.  My eyes are drooping and I wonder if my instructions were good enough. I lounge on one of the chairs outside, easily falling into slumber.

 

"...else happened? Yeah.... Are you sure? I swear...Nah, it's all good. I got it... I know, I know, thanks man." Yoongi has his back to me, side resting against the door of his car. He raps his fingers against the window before kicking at the gravel. Whiping around suddenly, he catches me pretending to sleep.
He crunches his way to me, boots stomping a little harder as he gets nearer. He looms over my face and I try my best to maintain a natural sleeping face despite his breath fanning over my hair. I feel a hand yank harshly at my fringe. Hissing at the pain I open my eyes.
He doesn't look angry, so the tension in my shoulders eases up as he his head to the side, eyes roaming over the bruises. But his face is complete stone so I'm still weary. Rocking back and forth on his heels he kicks at the floor again.

"Okay?"

 I try to down play it but I end up crying like a baby, worse than in the truck. He doesn't offer me anything like Namjoon does, only sitting in the other chair across from me staring at the floor. We both prefer it this way.

Once I'm done, he stands and hops in the car without a word. When we reach the carpark, he cuts the engine and we don't make a move. He turns his head away from me slightly before he speaks."I'll leave you alone today. Tomorrow. Tomorrow I want to know. They don't get another day, understand?"

We both sleep in our rooms like normal people that night.