First Kiss Oneshot (FIN)

Ultimate Crush

You might want to reread everything.

"Miss. Han, why did the Sleeping Beauty wake up when the Prince kiss her?" the 4 year-old Jung Wonwoo asked the beautiful lady while clinging to her leg.

Miss. Han smile her dimple and warm smile before answering him, "That's because the first kiss was magical. A kiss from a Price is magic, with his magic, he woke the Princess up."

Wonwoo scrunched up his cute face before asking again, "Miss. Han, if I get a kiss from a Prince will I get parents and a home?"

There a sudden stiffness and a choke of air before the Lady got the grip and smile again, "it's not like that, Wonwoo. You will understand better when you're older, but one thing that I'm sure of, you'll get a home and parents with the kiss or not, because you are a very sweet kid and you're so cute."

That was the last time Jung Wonwoo met the beautiful Miss. Han, because the next day Sister Kim brought him to her office to meet a well dressed and good looking couple. "Wonwoo, this is Mr. and Mrs. Jeon, they will be your parents and you're going to live with them in your new home. Now, say hello," the old lady asked gently.

Wonwoo blinked, even though he did not understand what was going on, but he knew the meaning of the words parents and home, so he flashed his brightest smile and say, "Hello, My name is Jung Wonwoo, I'm cute and really sweet. Nice to meet you."

That was also the last time he was being Jung Wonwoo.

....

It's the love, Wonwoo. Not the kiss.

​​​​​​Mingyu's words kept spinning in his head.

Love.

Wonwoo had no clue what love is. Nobody introduce him to love. As far as he knows, love is bull. Fairytail never talked about love, they only talked about kiss. Beast turned into a prince? With kiss. Sleeping beauty got to wake up from the years of dreamless sleep? With kiss. Snow white? She's got the kiss too. It's the magical kiss, not love.

Mingyu got it wrong for sure. But you couldn't trust Wonwoo's judgement too. After all, the last time he heard the princess' story was when he was 4 years old, and wonwoo never a big fan of romantic movies either. So love and kisses? Not his expertice.

So, Mingyu could be right after all.

"Teach me about love, Kim Mingyu."

Mingyu only gaped at him. To be fair, that's not the words Mingyu expected on a hot Wednesday afternoon, so excuse his lack of responses. However, he smiled at the end.

"Come sit with me," Mingyu invited and patted the empty chair next to him. So sit Wonwoo did. "What's with sudden request?"

”if I get to know love, will I be happy?"

Mingyu raised his eyebrow, "you're not happy?"

Wonwoo silenced for a while, then shook his head. "No I guess, not really."

"Dont you feel happy at home?"

"It's lonely at home?" He pouted.

"Where are your parents?"

Wonwoo jutted his lips evenmore. "Mom? Have no clue. Dad? He's busy. Grandma is nice, but she's busy too, she's old and had too much on her plate already and I dont want to burden her. I also have no siblings so.." Wonwoo shrugged like it was nothing.

Mingyu kept his words to himself for he knew that Wonwoo still got so much to say. And he was right, Wonwoo continued his ranting.

"My parents dumped me away," he started. "My biological parents, i mean. They left the baby me in front of a church. Good thing, the church had a foster care so I was raised there until my parents adopted me. Bad news was, even though they had kid, it was not enough to save their marriage. They filled the divorce in third month I was there. Mom wanted to go with no kid and dad couldnt possibly raise a kid by his own, so they wanted to put me back to the foster. But Grandma Jeon took pity on me and took me under her wings."

Wonwoo kicked a peeble before sighing. "So, like I said. Love is bull."

Mingyu smiled softly and patted Wonwoo on his back. "Let's be friend," he declared.

Wonwoo frowned. "I asked you to teach me love."

Mingyu dared to laugh, at him! "Listen, I'll teach you love, but let's be friend."

"Why?"

"Because you're lonely."

Wonwoo stunned. He was lonely, if he's being honest.

"Listen, you clearly didn't get love you deserve as a family member, and I'm sorry for that. But love could be in any form, Wonwoo. Love between family, between lovers, between friends."

"That's not true," Wonwoo interjected. "I have friend, Seungkwan is my friend. Although he's a little crack in the head, but he's nice. But I dont love him."

Mingyu laughed again. "Sounds like a lovely person," he said, making Wonwoo frowned. "But who knows, maybe deep down you actually love him. You could love your grandma too, but you just dont realise. You just need some guidance, and I'll guide you, so let's be friend."

Mingyu offered him his hand and Wonwoo stared at it. He smiled at the end. ”I like that. Let's be friend." He took Mingyu's hand.

...

5 years later.

Wonwoo felt a wet peck on his lips. It was uninvited, but not unwelcomed. It was sweet after all.

"Friends don't kiss each other under the fireworks on New year's eve," he raised his eyebrow at the culprit.

Mingyu grinned and stole another peck. "I thought we're more than friends," he whispered in Wonwoo's lips as he leaned away, winking.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "You're unbelievable."

"Come on, we're way pass friends phase, even Seungkwan agrees."

"I thought your original plan was to be friend only."

"Nu uh," Mingyu tutted, "the original plan was to teach you love. I've thaught you love between friends already, now it's time to move on to the next step, love between lovers."

Wonwoo flicked Mingyu's forehead, but laughed at the end. "No need to. I get love now, I realised I love grandma, Seungkwan, even my father," he said. "And I love you. I love you as a friend, as more than friend, and a family. You're like my family."

Mingyu soften and took Wonwoo's hand in his, before his crazyness kicked in and said, "let's be family for real. Let's get married."

Wonwoo gave a hard smack on the back his head. Mingyu groaned and massage the bruised. 

"Finish your degree first, . We're still in college."

Mingyu laughed and shoved Wonwoo's hand in his jacket pocket, then led their way home. "Let's ask for grandma's blessing tomorrow when we're home."

"You really yearn for another smack, don't you?"

Mingyu laughed before pulling Wonwoo closer.

...

wow, hello there. It's been a long time, isnt it? How are you guys.

​​​​​​I beg your forgiveness for abandoning this story for so long. Faith is just not on our side this past year, or should i say years? How long have I been abandon this again?

​​​​​​Well anyway, I got a major writter block the last time I updated this because the oneshot was being a to me. 

Funny thing is I dont even ship meanie anymore. Well, I still ship them in honesty but the spark isnt there anymore. I'm more jicheol kinda person now. But meanie stil hold a dear place in my heart, since they're the first couple to give me courage to write , eventhough they're not my first boyxboy ship.

But fear not, i will still finish the story. All thanks to Meanie97 whose recent comments I just read today and got me thinking, 'well there's still somebody who wait for the story lets see what i can do with it'

I've been writting this for three hours straight since and here's what you got. It's been a long time since i wrote anything in english so my english is kind of rusty, sorry. And i know there are tons mistakes in this but i dont even reread and edit them for the fear that I dont have time and bail out on this again. So for now, this will do.

there are only 3 stories left, so lets do this people! Let's finish this together!

okay, my bul is kind of longer than the actual story, so last but not least, I miss you all, lets rekindle our memories again.

see you, soon. I promise!