What's Your Name? Oneshot (Fin)

Ultimate Crush

"It's Wonwoo, Jeon Wonwoo."

Jeon Wonwoo. 

If before Mingyu thought that Jihoon suit him, Jeon Wonwoo sounded even better. Wonwoo was indeed the kind of name for a guy like him. Seems manly, but sounds cute at the same time.

He was back to his dorm with a wide grin plastered on his face. He was in a good mood.

He promised Wonwoo he would text him. He almost cooed at the blushing face of the cashier. Mingyu never saw his crush so flustered like that. 

He's used to the cold Wonwoo, and the friendly Wonwoo lately, but never a flustered Wonwoo. Mingyu didn't even know that the other capable of being even cuter. But still, Mingyu liked it. He loved every shades of Wonwoo.

This was a start of beautiful journey.

...

Mingyu: Hi.. This is Mingyu :)

Wonwoo: Hi, Mingyu ><

Mingyu: You still at work?

Wonwoo: Yes~ but just finished my shift :) 

Mingyu: Wonwoo...

Wonwoo: yeah?

Mingyu: Nah, I'm just happy that I finally know your name :) You have no idea how long I've been trying to ask your name ;)

Wonwoo: You liar! I don't believe you >///<

"And that's... how Jeon Wonwoo's fall in love face looks like."

Wonwoo snapped his head to the voice's direction. Yoon Jeonghan was standing there, smiling smugly.

"I-i am not falling in love," he stuttered.

"Course you're not," Jeonghan stated and Wonwoo pouted at his sarcasm. "So, how is he?"

"How is who?" another voice interjected. That was Wen Junhui, Wonwoo's best friend.

"Mingyu, Wonwoo's boyfriend."

Wonwoo wanted to protest at Jeonghan's statement, but Jun beat him to it.

"Mingyu? Isn't he the guy who had crush on Jihoon?"

Jeonghan laughed, louder when he saw Wonwoo's crumpled face, seemingly satisfied. "Nah, I was wrong. He's after our Wonwoo. I mean, who doesn't?" he winked.

Wonwoo felt blush creeping on his cheeks, but before he could say anything to retort Jeonghan's tease, his phone vibrated again.

Mingyu: are you free on saturday?

He blushed even more. Why did Mingyu ask? Will he take him on a date? He then turned to Jeonghan, "can you work on my shift on saturday?" He asked. "Please?"

Jeonghan had this creepy grin before answering, "you're gonna have a date? Sure, anything for you and your boyfriend, Wonwoo."

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"Yet."

"I still don't get the whole story though," that was Jun. "How can this Mingyu guy went from liking Jihoon to Wonwoo? Can we trust him really?"

Jeonghan laughed again, "I told you, I was wrong. When he asked about the cute cashier, I thought he asked about Jihoon, but he actually asked about Wonwoo." 

Junhui just quirked his eyebrows, signing that he wanted to know more. 

Jeonghan added, "Yesterday he was here, declaring his love for Wonwoo but Wonwoo was too dumb to understand."

"He was not," Wonwoo protested.

"What do you think he meant by saying that he has a crush on black haired cashier then?"

Junhui laughed, finally grasped the idea. 

"I didn't think that far, okay," Wonwoo mumbled, blushing. "I thought he's mistaken one of the waiters as a cashier."

"That's why you're dumb," Jeonghan casually said, then turned to Junhui, "can you believe that he asked every black haired worker here if they ever talk to Mingyu?"

Jun laughed out loud, ignoring the pouting Wonwoo. "Really?"

"Yes, and if not for me actually drilling to his head the idea that he is the black hair cashier, he probably still oblivious until now."

Jun asked between his laugh, "and why did you so eager to know his crush, Wonwoo?"

Wonwoo froze, before shrugging, "I was curious. I want to help him."

"So much for helping a stranger, hmm?" Jun smirked. "Or you actually want to know your rival so you can eliminate them?"

"Wha-what?! no!" Wonwoo stammered, but the pink dust on his cheeks betraying his words.

Jeonghan and Jun shared a look before bursting in laughter. "Ahh, so our Wonwoo already set eyes on him before it's all happened, huh?"

Wonwoo decided that he hated his friends. They wouldn't spare him till the end for sure.

...

Saturday finally came and Wonwoo felt his heartbeat quicken as he texted Mingyu his address. Mingyu decided to be a perfect gentleman and picked Wonwoo up before going to their supposedly date.

He waited for Mingyu and stared at the mirror, checking himself, incase he didn't look good enough. However, that's only made him even more conscious with his flaw, he spotted a tiny freckles on his nose. He was also aware that his black shirt, black jeans, and black coat were too emo for a night date on December. He was contemplated whether to change his clothes or not, but changing clothes means that messing up with hair and his hair is perfectly styled already. So he swallowed up the urge to get dress all over again, besides, Mingyu would come in no time.

Wonwoo paced around when he sensed that looking into the mirror only made him nervous. He jumped in shock when his phone vibrated.

Mingyu: I'm here :))))

Wonwoo immediately rushed out the door and skipped to the lobby of his dorm, where Mingyu probably awaited. He was right, Mingyu was in the lobby, looking good in ripped blue jeans, white t-shirt, and brown coat. His hair was down in a messy way, complimenting his boyish grin.

"Hi," Wonwoo greeted softly.

Mingyu only smiled wider and step closer. "You look wonderful," he complimented.

Wonwoo blushed involuntary, hand covering his face. "Liar," he whined, "I don't!"

Mingyu laughed and pried his hand away from his face. "You do, I swear."

Wonwoo wanted to cover his face again to hide his blush but Mingyu took both his hands in his and tugged Wonwoo closer. "You look wonderful, Jeon Wonwoo," he stated softly, eyes wandering in Wonwoo's face.

Wonwoo ducked his face low to avoid the intense stare, "thanks," he whispered softly.

"Shall we go then?"

Wonwoo nodded, "where are we going?"

Mingyu slipped his fingers in between Wonwoo's and interlaced their hands, walking close to each other. "There's a street festival nearby, there will be a lot food stalls, you okay if we go there?"

Wonwoo only hummed, trying hard not to blush because of their joint hands. "What kind of festival is that?"

"Korean food festival. There will be so many traditional foods and snacks, we can eat anything we want," Mingyu smiled down at him.

"Sounds nice."

Mingyu was nervous, he tried so hard not to be his usual awkward self. He could feel a cold sweat formed on his temple, but looking at his right, he saw Wonwoo looked so cute with his cheeks tinted in pink. Just like that, all his previous nervousness melted, along with his heart.

The crowd on the festival did nothing to ease his worry because Wonwoo pressed flat against his side from the impact of the over crowded place. Mingyu smiled down at him when Wonwoo tightened his grip.

"Wow, there are a lot of people," Wonwoo commented.

"Yeah, I didn't know that it would be this crowded. Should we go somewhere else?" Mingyu asked his date.

"But I want to eat tteokbokkie," Wonwoo pouted so of course, Mingyu give up.

"Alright, let's find a tteokbokkie stand then."

They did found the tteokbokkie, along with other foods too. Wonwoo was so happy that he could eat a lot of foods. They sat so close to each other while eating, sometime fed each other, sometimes held hands under the table. Everything couples do on dates.

When they walked home from the date, they walked even closer, talking about the foods they ate and every interesting things they saw.

Mingyu felt so happy that he had this opportunity, to get close to Wonwoo, even had a date with him. Just a week ago, even asking for his name brought a cold sweat to his body.

They arrived at Wonwoo dorm and they both know that the other hated to part. Mingyu stared at the guy in front of him, looking at his beautiful face.

"Thank you for tonight, Wonwoo," he said, "I had fun."

"Me too, thanks for bringing me there."

They stared at each other some more as Mingyu swayed their hands side to side. Wonwoo smiled at Mingyu and tighten his grip on his hand.

"Go inside, you need to rest," said Mingyu.

"I'll go in when you leave."

"No, you go first. I'll make sure you're okay and safe to your room."

"It's fine I already here."

"Is a kiss to soon for a first date?" That was they question that Mingyu really wanted to ask but too scared to voice it out. He blurted it out in the end, however.

"No," Wonwoo answered much to Mingyu's delight. "It's not too soon."

So Mingyu kissed him, soft, sweet, and chaste on his lips. "Goodnight, Wonwoo," he whispered above Wonwoo's lips.

Wonwoo leaned in to give Mingyu another chaste kiss, "Goodnight, Gyu. Now go."

Mingyu chuckled and complied this time, going away from Wonwoo's dorm. "I'll drop by the cafe tomorrow, we can grab lunch together?" Mingyu yelled out when he was a bit far.

"Yeah, I like that. See you tomorrow," Wonwoo yelled back.

Suddenly, Mingyu stopped and put his hands around his mouth and yelled at Wonwoo. "Jeon Wonwoo, I like you. Will you be my boyfriend? Give me the answer tomorrow, okay?" then he ran away.

Wonwoo blushed furiously at the sudden confession, but whispered to himself. "Of course I will, idiot. I like you too."

I guess, that night was the end of Jeon Wonwoo single life.... and Mingyu's misery.