Ultimate Crush Oneshot (FIN)

Ultimate Crush

Before we start the oneshot, let me rant first. Meanie's fighting moment won the poll by a slight margin, and I don't know why you guys voted for the depressing one :D for those who voted for the other choices, I hope you're okay with it /grins dumbly/

I tried to add a little bit of everything in this oneshot. I know it's lacking on their 'before get together' moment, but I write a glimps of it. This is obviously happen after they get together, so I hope it's counted, and I wish it's cute enough to be their cutest moment or at least one of their cutest moments. so I hope everybody happy? Also, no proofread because I was so eager to post it.  Now, enjoy!

>>>

For Jeon Wonwoo, Kim Mingyu was his first love, who happened to be love at the first sight, his first boyfriend, and first kiss. First were his favorite syllables after Min-Gyu. Wonwoo was grateful to have him by his side. Mingyu was supportive, loving, care, with lots of cheesy line. In other hand, their love story was perfect, but what is love without its ups and downs.

 

For the first time after three months of being together, Wonwoo hated the word first, because it was their first fight. That day, Wonwoo found out that Mingyu actually was a biual. Not that it mattered for Wonwoo, but seeing his boyfriend talking and smiling to girls did not feel the same anymore.

 

Wonwoo had every right to be jealous, especially when a bunch of pretty cheerleaders smirked mockingly at him when he passed by, along with hush whispers ‘freaking lucky nerd.’ And he wasn’t even nerd at the first place. Yes, he’s not a popular jock like Mingyu was, but he’s not a nerd either. He was just another guy. And there’s nothing wrong with it, at least for Wonwoo.

 

When he told Mingyu that, his boyfriend was just saying “You’re too sensitive, babe those girls are harmless, look at them.” Mingyu always favored girls, proclaiming about the gentleman s, and Wonwoo felt insecure because of that. But he kept it to himself, knowing that no matter what happen, his boyfriend would always choose him over any other human.

 

Hell broke loose when some of the girls cornered him and talked ‘nicely’ to him. “Why do you thing he choose you? Even if he prefers guy over girls, why you? You are as thin as paper, you have no appeal, and you are nobody. Do you aware that he’s gonna leave you when he gets bored, right? Oh Honey, if I were you, I will choose a smart move to leave him before he does.”

 

The words left deep impact on Wonwoo, because he somehow knew that part of their words were true. Being the mature person he was, he talked about that with Mingyu. The talk went south from what he’s been aiming to. He ended up let out a cry and a little tantrum to show how frustrated and hurt he was. And Mingyu’s retort broke his heart.

 

“Wonwoo,” Mingyu called and Wonwoo stiffened, both for the lack of pet names and how stern it sounded. “You think too much. You are my boyfriend but I don’t think that you trust me like how you suppose to. I know I told you that you’re being jealous is cute, but this tantrum you’re throwing is just too much and I’m sick of it.” Wonwoo didn’t say anything before walking away, without looking back at all.

 

“What happen to you?” Jeonghan asked Wonwoo the day after, with mixed of concern and curious on his face.

 

“Jeonghan, can we have a best friend’s day out and eat lots of ice creams today?” Wonwoo asked back restlessly.

 

“Sure. But that didn’t answer my question.” Wonwoo’s answer for Jeonghan’s question was a quite sob. “Do you want to talk about it while watching-but-not-really-watching movie in my house with a huge bowl of chocolate mint ice cream?” And Wonwoo nodded silently. “Cool. Now, why don’t we sit with Seungkwan at lunch, he told me he has some juicy gossip about Choi Hansol.”

 

At lunch, Wonwoo felt a little better when Seungkwan’s gossip turned out to be his dating possibility with Choi Hansol, not to mention Seungkwan’s also did a silly victorious dance to celebrate his love life. Wonwoo found himself laughing at his silly friend, even though he could feel a burning stare at the back of his head.

 

 

Mingyu regretted it with every fiber of his being. He didn’t mean to snap at his boyfriend, or saying those hurtful words, it just kinda happened. Mingyu loved Wonwoo, despite their young relationship. And even though Wonwoo could be annoying, doesn’t mean that he loved the boy less. In contrary, he never hated the annoying Wonwoo, he found it adorable even.

 

Yesterday was just not his best day, and he regretted he let out all his frustration at his boyfriend. Now, he could only stare longingly at Wonwoo, especially when the latter laugh beautifully with his friends. Back then when Wonwoo was just his fanboy, Mingyu already drawn to his laugh. Mingyu thought that was mesmerizing, and after knowing Wonwoo, Mingyu thought it’s simply endearing. Wonwoo’s laugh always brought a smile to Mingyu, but not today.

 

“Why don’t you talk to him if you’re this miserable?” Jisoo asked the sulking Mingyu. “I’m sure you guys can talk it out. Just apologize.” Mingyu thought about Jisoo’s words but he was afraid of the result.

 

“He wouldn’t even look at me, he pretended that he didn’t see me earlier. I miss him,” Mingyu said miserably.

 

“Then talk to him, tell him how you feel, but first, you need to eat.” Jisoo nudged Mingyu’s rice bowl softly.

 

“I don’t have appetite, I feel like crying.”

 

“God, you’re embarrassing,” Jisoo groaned when Mingyu pouted even more.

 

“Why is he so happy when I’m in the verge of dying? Does he hate me that much he doesn’t care about me anymore? I don’t think I can live without him.”

 

“Shut up! Three months ago you said that I quote ‘even if he’s cute, doesn’t mean I like him’, now you act gross just because he doesn’t look at you,” slapping Mingyu’s head, Jisoo ranted endlessly.

 

“That’s before I know that he can be even cuter. You didn’t look at his face when I saved him on that stair; I almost kiss him right at that moment,” Mingyu reminiscent his first time talking to Wonwoo. “Josh, is there a possibility to be this in love? I think I’m crazy.”

 

“You are crazy, Mingyu, you are. I thought that you were a cocky dude, but you just hopelessly romantic.”

 

“Only for him.”

 

Jisoo soften at the look of his best friend. “Why don’t you give him a little time, huh? After that you can talk, Wonwoo is a good guy, I believe he will forgive you. Didn’t you believe in your love?”

 

Mingyu nodded and smiled softly. “Our love.”

 

 

 

After 25 hours not talking to Wonwoo, Mingyu couldn’t restrain it anymore. “Baby,” he called when Wonwoo was busy sorting out books by his locker. He visibly saw Wonwoo stiffened, but he chose not to go down. “I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s fine,” came Wonwoo’s cold reply and Mingyu’s heart shattered to pieces.

 

“No it’s not, I hate it when we’re like this. I miss you.”

 

“Yeah? Why don’t you entertain those girls instead? I saw you happily talked to them earlier.” Damn! His boyfriend could be intimidating when he was pissed. If this was any other day, Mingyu would probably turn on at how hot Wonwoo was, but today he just felt hopeless.

 

“Baby, I-I’m…”

 

“Mingyu, I’m tired. Can you leave?” and Mingyu snapped at that. No, he couldn’t go home in peace if Wonwoo still mad at him. He couldn’t go home peacefully with his heart wounded.

 

“No, I’m sorry, I really am. I’m sorry I snap at you, I didn’t mean that, I love you. I’m sorry I chose their side instead of yours, but they really harmless, I will introduce you to them so you’ll know that…”

 

Wonwoo’s glare causing Mingyu to halt. “I don’t think you understand the problem, Mingyu. Let’s talk about it the other day, I’m to hurt to talk right now.”

 

“No, I can’t wait for another day, you’re killing me. If I don’t understand, please make me.” Wonwoo seemed not soften by Mingyu’s pleading look, even though Wonwoo looked like he almost cry.

 

“I’m going home,” Wonwoo let out a tired sigh. Before he could walk away, Mingyu pulled him into his embrace, holding him tightly like he was afraid that Wonwoo would disappear forever if he ever let go.

 

“Baby, please. Talk to me.”

 

Trying to escape Mingyu deadly grip, Wonwoo elbowed him hard. However, Mingyu didn’t even budge, even if he’s hurt, Mingyu chose not to give up. “Can’t you let me be for just one freaking second?!” Wonwoo shouted with venom laced through his voice.

 

To say that Mingyu was shock was understatement. With eyes widen and mouth ajar, he stared at the fuming Wonwoo. “You never understand how it feels, don’t you?” Wonwoo added. “You don’t know how hurt those words were and you blame me! Why did I do wrong? They’re the one who bully me, not the other way round.”

 

“Baby—“

 

“Stop! Don’t say anything. You’ll only say that I’m too sensitive,” Wonwoo whimpered and Mingyu could only stare. “I really thought that my boyfriend would tell me that they’re wrong, that he’ll never leave me, that he likes me for who I am, even though I’m ugly.”

 

“No, I—“

 

Wonwoo shook his head furiously. “You don’t understand, Mingyu. You don’t know how it feels to have you as a boyfriend. I’m scared that every time someone could steal you away from me. There are so many people that better than me in any way, and you could be with any of them. When those girls pointed it out to me, I’m scared, because they’re right. You’re too good for me.” Wonwoo fought so hard not to cry, not in front of Mingyu.

 

Mingyu took a step closer, but to his dismay, Wonwoo stepped back frantically, away from him. “Baby, it’s not like that, you’re—“

 

“Just leave me alone, please,” Wonwoo pleaded when a single tear escaped from his dark orbs.

 

Mingyu stared at him dejectedly, wanting to say something so badly, but Wonwoo’s heartbroken expression prevented him. “We’ll talk again later, okay? Now I will ask Jeonghan to send you home,” with that, he stepped away from Wonwoo.

 

 

Wonwoo felt a lot better after releasing his anger and eating ice cream. Yet, there was still a hollow in his heart because of the lack of having Mingyu around. He wanted to reconcile his relationship with Mingyu but he couldn’t seem to face the latter, his heart was still aching from all the drama.

 

“It’s going to be okay.” Wonwoo held on Jeonghan’s words earlier. Everything is going to be okay.

 

He would let his insecurity eat his soul for a little longer before talking to Mingyu again. He knew that Mingyu loved him, Wonwoo was not stupid, he could feel it by the way Mingyu was looking at him, his eyes said it all. But, it was hard to ignore people’s judgmental look, their mocking stare. They hurt him. And when he thought that Mingyu would ease his worry, he added salt to the wound instead.

 

He knew that he was being childish by crying in front of Mingyu and calling ‘those es,’ he knew it all too well that that was wrong. He also knew that Mingyu could feel irritated by his tantrum too, but it didn’t mean that it hurt less when Mingyu snapped at him. Because it hurts when you love one is mad at you.

 

He was determined to talk to Mingyu again, with less shouting and attitude. That night, he cried to sleep because he missed Mingyu.

 

 

Mingyu couldn’t even get a wink of sleep. The guiltiness was eating him alive. His boyfriend was feeling insecure, but he was so dense about it. He never thought that Wonwoo would feel that way, since he was so perfect in Mingyu’s eyes. Wonwoo was the most beautiful and adorable creature according to Mingyu. He was so beautiful he could blinded Mingyu just by looking at his beauty.

 

Wonwoo was his muse, his source of happiness, so how could he leave the boy? And why couldn’t Wonwoo see it? In the span of short time, Mingyu was already fallen so hard he couldn’t even fall out. At first, Mingyu only thought that the boy was cute, but after knowing him, Mingyu couldn’t even get through his day without looking at the boy’s smile.

 

Jeon Wonwoo would be the death of him, but Mingyu wouldn’t want it any other way.

 

“Did you cry yourself to sleep?” Mingyu was in the verge of crying himself when he looked at his boyfriend’s state the day after. “I’m such a jerk.”

 

“No,” Wonwoo whispered quietly.

 

“I am, love.”

 

Wonwoo blushed at the new pet name, and Mingyu thought that it felt like forever since he last saw the blush. “I miss you,” he blurted out without thinking.

 

“I miss you too.”

 

Mingyu sighed in relieve then scooped the boy in his arms. “I’m sorry,” he whispered.

 

“No, I’m sorry,” Wonwoo whispered back.

 

“It’s not your fault, it’s mine,” Mingyu assured as he put his chin on the top of Wonwoo’s head. “But, you don’t have to feel insecure, I love you, and I think that you are a perfection. Everything about you is beautiful and when you said that you don’t deserve me, it’s actually the other way round, I don’t deserve you. But I won’t let you go, I’m selfish, I want to live, and you are my life.”

 

Wonwoo looked up at Mingyu and grinned widely. “Stop, it’s too cheesy, you’re almost gross.”

 

Mingyu could only smile softly. “Only if you promise you stop not talking to me,” he said.

 

“I’m sorry,” Wonwoo’s said before burying his face in Mingyu’s chest.

 

“It’s fine, you have the rights to, but doesn’t mean that I can live with it, I can’t. And Wonwoo?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“You’re not the only one jealous, you know?” he grinned when he saw Wonwoo’s puzzle face. “I almost killed somebody every time you smile to other guy.”

 

Wonwoo stared disapprovingly.

 

“It’s true, I want to laminate your smile and keep it to myself only. But it can’t possibly happen, right? Just like I can’t possibly stop talking to those girls, they’re my friends. But I will talk to them so they won’t hurt you again, okay?”

 

“No,” Wonwoo shook his head. “They probably will hate me even more. It’s okay, I won’t let their words get to my head again.”

 

“Are you sure?” and Mingyu sighed when Wonwoo nodded at his question.”Alright, but if they hurt you again, talk to me alright? I promise I won’t snap at you again. I will kiss you till you know how much I love you.”

 

“Why don’t you kiss me now?”

 

Mingyu chuckled. And yeah, kissing Jeon Wonwoo was heaven.

>>>

I hope it's not too gross, because I feel like throwing up from the cheesiness.

I'm thinking that 10 chapters is perfect. It's not too many or too little. I know you probably want more, but it's cute how it started with drabble, ended up with oneshot /smile sheepishly/