seven

remember (when we were young)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: end of exams celebratory update!!! wooooo /dances/ also, after this chapter, most of the fic is actually written so OuO updates will be faster OuO prepare yourselves hehehehe thank you so so much for the love and support so far <3


It hasn't really changed, Jihoon thinks as he steps onto the grounds of their old college Some of the trees are older, more flowers in the leaves, and some of the buildings look a little different - renovated and refurbished, but the paths are still worn and the grounds are filled with students who rush about and students who lounge on the grass.

Seungcheol looks like he's remembering warm afternoons on the grass, as he stands beside Jihoon, taking everything in.

"Come on, this way," Jihoon says, taking off in one direction. He doesn't even need to turn around to know that Seungcheol is beside him.

He enters a familiar old building. The lights here are older, flickering against the empty beige walls. Seungcheol laughs softly as he steps inside, tapping Jihoon's shoulder. The two of them turn to look at a billboard full of student notices, but it's the plaque stuck at the top that catches their attention. It's the list of winners of the college's annual music competition. Jihoon's name sits there, three years in a row.

Jihoon flushes a little as Seungcheol grins at him, reaching over to ruffle his hair. Jihoon feels his face heat up more, especially when Seungcheol's hand doesn't retract after he's done, instead moving to rest on Jihoon's shoulder, Seungcheol's arm around him, like he often used to do during college.

Jihoon realises that he actually missed the familiar weight of Seungcheol's hand on his shoulder.

He's distracted by Seungcheol pointing out that they've now got a piano group and that it seems like there's more than one band now. Jihoon just nods and murmurs relief because the only band that existed when they were in college were overly arrogant music snobs who didn't let anyone join unless they were exceptionally skilled and likewise narrow minded.

Seungcheol laughs softly, and the two make their way down the corridor, passing old classrooms.

Even though they had taken different classes - Seungcheol taking business, and Jihoon taking music production - the two had often attended each other's classes. If Seungcheol had a break but Jihoon had a class, Seungcheol would sit in on the class and do his own study while Jihoon learnt the intricacies of microphones and soundboards; and vice versa.

Jihoon remembers that Seungcheol would often fall asleep in his music software class on Wednesdays in third year, because it ran until 7pm. The amount of times he had to shake his boyfriend awake so that he wouldn't snore and disturb the class.....

Seungcheol points out the classroom where the music software class was, like he's remembering the same memories. Jihoon smiles as they creep past it, someone inside giving a lecture about classical musical history.

He remembers the music history class he had to take, how bored he always was in there, because Seungcheol would have his Advanced Management at the same time, with a super strict teacher, so they couldn't even text each other. Jihoon remembers always coming out of class to a brightly smiling Seungcheol though, waiting for him outside the classroom to kiss him softly and say "Let's go home,"

It was those kind of moments that made Jihoon think they would be forever.

Jihoon wonders when he stopped thinking that.

Jihoon snaps out of his thoughts when Seungcheol's hand at his shoulder squeezes it slightly, and he realises that Seungcheol still has his arm around him.

"Remember this room?" Seungcheol asks excitedly and Jihoon smiles.

"Yeah," he says softly and Seungcheol peeks through the window to see if it's occupied, before grinning at Jihoon and pushing the door open.

The small music room at the end of the corridor is unchanged, soundproofed walls still dark grey. The keyboard in the corner has changed to a newer model and there's an extra chair now. The music stand is still the same rusting one from all those years ago.

Jihoon goes over to turn on the keyboard and Seungcheol takes the other seat. Jihoon sits down as he plays a C. The sound is clear in the silent room. Jihoon turns to see Seungcheol grinning at him, one arm on the edge of the keyboard as he leans forward. Jihoon remembers cold winter evenings here, when he was doing his composition classes and would end up in the same room over and over, Seungcheol by his side, as he tried to desperately come up with melodies for his assignments. Whenever Jihoon got stressed out, Seungcheol would always hold him, almost like a child, and press gentle kisses against his hair, as if to remind him that it was okay, no assignment was going to be the end of the world.

Jihoon shakes himself of the memories, trying to calm his quickening heart beat as he finally listens to what Seungcheol is saying.

"... when we covered Guilty? And Good Morning? I still remembering how we had to keep reminding Soonyoung to be quiet when he recorded," Seungcheol laughs softly and Jihoon smiles, remembering too.

"It's just one of the many places of memories here," Jihoon says softly. Seungcheol is smiling warmly when Jihoon looks at him.

"Yeah it is," he says, and his tone is so gentle, Jihoon thinks of all the warm words Seungcheol used to whisper in his ear. Sometimes it was when they were in class and sometimes with friends, because Seungcheol loved watching the normally cool and collected Jihoon become flustered and tongue-tied in front of others. But most of the time, it was when they were alone, when Seungcheol said it simply because he wanted Jihoon to know - that he admired his intelligence, envied his musical instinct, was proud of his accomplishments, loved every single part of him that made up Lee Jihoon.

Right now, Seungcheol is pressing random keys on the keyboard and it's complete nonsense - the same three keys in varying patterns. Jihoon snorts and gets to his feet.

"Come on, let's go," he says.

Seungcheol looks up at him, calm expectation in his eyes. "Where to?" he asks.

Jihoon just smiles. "More memories," is all he says. But Seungcheol understands, because he just smiles in return.

 

The business building has more students hurrying around than the music building did. Seungcheol shudders when they pass a certain lecture hall, murmuring "Accounting" under his breath and Jihoon has to stifle his laughter. He remembers when Seungcheol had to take the required accounting class, claiming it his worst nightmare. Jihoon had sat in on several of the classes, and he understood why Seungcheol hated. Too many numbers and journals and debits and credits and what the hell was the difference between gross profit and net profit?

The library is connected to the business building on the second floor, and Jihoon remembers long days and late night study sessions. Jihoon often went to sleep with his head on Seungcheol's lap as the older studied for his fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter