twelve

remember (when we were young)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: HELLO I'M SORRY THIS IS SO LATE but this fic is now finished in my file so it's just a matter of posting now hehehehe (also I'm finally home! so! consistent internet! :D)
the second scene of this was prompted to me with the original prompt. it's the only prompted scene from Lae, so you can blame her for it kekekeke (everything else was me hahahahaha) - also let this be the warning that this scene carries mild ual content/implications???? idk how to categorise it lol, so... yeah :P
the end draws near! I hope you're all prepared ;)
(also I'm still so overwhelmed at how much attention this fic is getting, you guys make me cry every time I log in to so many comments T____T thank you so much once again)

 

                                                       
Unsurprisingly, Seungcheol wakes up with the biggest headache since that college cruise party where he lost count of his drinks an hour in. Jihoon, as expected, just laughs at him and gets him aspirin and water.

Afterwards, Seungcheol pulls him back to bed, hugging him to his chest as he complains about his headache. Jihoon rolls his eyes, laughs, and asks if he wants to watch a movie. Jihoon gets his laptop and they choose a movie, Seungcheol leaning on Jihoon’s shoulder as the other sets it going.

By the time the end credits are rolling, the two of them are asleep again, the laptop pushed to the side. Seungcheol’s arm is over Jihoon’s stomach, his face pressed into Jihoon’s shoulder.

They wake up to the sun setting outside their window, filling the room in orange glow. Jihoon asks Seungcheol if he’s hungry and Seungcheol hums, kissing him gently in answer. Gentle kisses become deeper, both of them becoming a little breathless, until Jihoon complains that Seungcheol smells gross, and he needs to shower and brush his teeth.

Seungcheol agrees only after Jihoon sends him off with another kiss (and a roll of his eyes). As he hears the shower going, Jihoon pulls out the vacuum cleaner and starts vacuuming the living room, humming to himself as he cleans.

He’s startled when he’s halfway cleaning the kitchen, Seungcheol’s arms wrapping around his waist as he breathes against his neck that it’s his turn to shower. Jihoon feels the blush creep up his neck, but he hides it with a scowl as he stalks off. Seungcheol just laughs, finishes the vacuuming and then sets up another movie to watch in the living room.

When Jihoon moves to sit on the couch after his shower, hands holding two plates of food, Seungcheol’s hands reach for his hips to pull him onto his lap, holding him tightly. Jihoon’s ears are a little red as Seungcheol beams with his nose pressed into the back of Jihoon’s shoulder.

“How are we going to eat?” Jihoon grumbles.

“Share one, then share the other,” Seungcheol answers, because that’s how they used to do it - when Seungcheol would pull Jihoon onto his lap to watch movies. Somehow, he found it the most comforting way to sit with Jihoon, like Jihoon’s weight in his lap reassured him. Jihoon never really understood, always asking how it was comfortable and if he was too heavy.

They settle down like that, Jihoon feeding Seungcheol over his shoulder as they watch the movie. When they finish eating, Jihoon relaxes into Seungcheol’s embrace, leaning back to comment on the movie. Whenever Jihoon pauses, waiting for Seungcheol’s reply, the older will often peck his lips before answering in a whisper, making Jihoon flush again.

They fall asleep with Seungcheol’s arms around Jihoon, the younger’s face buried in Seungcheol’s shoulder, tucked under his chin.

                                            
-x-


Seungcheol rouses to sunlight streaming through the gaps of their curtains

“Time to get up,” Seungcheol breathes against Jihoon’s neck, nuzzling his nose against smooth skin. Jihoon groans and nudges him with his elbow a little. Seungcheol laughs sleepily before sitting up and pulling Jihoon up with him. Jihoon yawns and rubs at his eyes, head rolling forward like he’s going to fall asleep again.

Seungcheol smiles to himself and grabs him around the waist, dragging him off the bed. Jihoon remains limp in his arms, like a doll, whining a little. Eventually, he sighs, rubs his eyes again and finally stands on his own.

“You have to brush your teeth, Ji,” he murmurs as Jihoon walks around aimlessly, like a lost child. It’s almost endearing, the slightly too big t-shirt and loose shorts make him look even smaller. Seungcheol has always preferred tank tops and sweatpants to sleep.

Jihoon stares at him blankly, mind still struggling to process anything. Seungcheol smiles and takes his hand to lead him to the bathroom. Before these thirty days, they hadn’t brushed their teeth together since they were newlyweds; before Jihoon got a job as an assistant producer and Seungcheol was promoted to local manager. Before they stopped sharing mornings, and before they stopped talking about how they spent their days. Before they drifted apart.

Jihoon spits and rinses first and is about to leave when he turns to look at Seungcheol, a frown marring his face. Seungcheol spits and rinses before asking what’s wrong.

“When did you last shave?” Jihoon asks, “Like properly shave?”

Seungcheol shrugs and Jihoon sighs, already reaching for the shaving cream and razor blade. “C’mon, you always miss spots,” he says as he smears the cream on Seungcheol’s face, despite his closed mouthed protests. Jihoon just laughs soundlessly and Seungcheol can feel his dormant heart shudder in his chest. Jihoon was always so beautiful like this - in the early morning, sleep still clinging to his eyes, voice still hoarse from misuse.

Seungcheol grabs his wrist to stop him, before he puts his hands around Jihoon’s waist and hauls him onto the bathroom counter, making sure he misses their toothbrushes by the sink. It’s too tiring to crouch the whole time and Jihoon is too short to peer down at him. (Jihoon, of course, protests, because he’s not that little, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter