ten

remember (when we were young)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: i'm so amused that no one trusts me to keep writing fluff lolololol so hopefully this is a (nice) surprise ;D

 

“Let’s go to the beach today,” Jihoon says as he looks at his list in his notebook again. Seungcheol smiles through a mouthful of bread and nods.

“Sure, it’s cloudy today, so there’ll be less people too,” he says. He’s just finishing his coffee when he hears his phone ringing from where he’s left it on the kitchen bench.

Seungcheol gets up, sees the caller ID, and answers it as he gulps down the last of his coffee.

“Hey, Seungkwan,” he says, grin spreading across his face as the bright voice of Seungkwan answers.

“Hyung! I heard from Jeonghan-hyung that you're on leave from work? Hyung, please, please, please! I need you to do me a huge favour. Hansol is working all day, and I’m not meant to go to the broadcasting station until this evening, but the electrician just called and said he’ll come fix that faulty light that’s been bugging us for ages, and Yoojung is sick so she can’t go to kindergarten, but I don't want her around when he's working on it, and I also need to - ”

“Seungkwan. Breathe. In and out,” Seungcheol says, trying not to laugh. “You need us to look after Yoojung for a few hours?”

Yoojung is Seungkwan and Hansol’s fatally adorable three year old daughter. Jihoon looks up at Seungcheol in mild horror at the mention of her name. Jihoon doesn't exactly have a fear of children per se - he has a fear of not looking after children properly. He’s scared of accidentally hurting them or making them cry.

Seungkwan had initially thought Jihoon disliked his and Hansol’s baby girl, and had sulked over it for a while. That is, until Seungcheol had quietly pulled him aside and explained Jihoon’s fear. (After which, Seungkwan found it adorable, and Jihoon had been incredibly unimpressed with Seungcheol exposing his secrets.)

Jihoon hears Seungkwan’s voice squabble over the phone for a little longer and then Seungcheol is agreeing to see Seungkwan in half an hour.

“No,” Jihoon says as soon as Seungcheol hangs up. “We can't look after a child. I don't know how to…. do anything for a child!!!”

Nothing causes panic in Jihoon like the idea of having to look after someone's child.

Seungcheol laughs quietly. “Relax, Jihoon. It’s just Yoojung. She’s not even a baby anymore, you can’t really drop her or anything,”

“She’s three!” Jihoon squeaks, “She can still cry, or run into the table, or fall over, or miss her Dads or - ”

“Jihoon,” Seungcheol says, taking his hands in both of his. “Seungkwan and Hansol need us to do them a favour. And Yoojung adores you, and I’ll be here the whole time, okay?”

“She adored my pink hair that I had when she was still a baby, when she could only comprehend that I was different because I was a pretty colour,” Jihoon says bluntly. Seungcheol chuckles and ruffles his hair as he pulls him to his feet.

“Come on, we have to make the apartment childproof before Yoojung arrives,”

“Oh my God, this whole apartment is a danger zone,” Jihoon jumps out of his chair and rushes into the living room, picking up everything in a frenzy.

Seungcheol tries not to laugh and fails.

 

“I’m so sorry, hyung,” Seungkwan is breathless as he arrives at the door. “Do you think you could watch her until about five or six? I have to stop by the bank, but the PD just called me and said they need me for the afternoon, but it means I don’t have to work tonight, so I’ll be able to come with Hansol to pick her up and - ” he stops as Yoojung squirms in his arms, small arms around his neck holding onto him tighter.

Seungcheol smiles. “Sure, if I need anything, I’ll message you,” he says. Jihoon is hovering in the corridor, looking at Yoojung nervously.

Seungkwan is handing over two huge bags, explaining everything. “ - and I’ve got her medication in case she has a stomach ache - she needs this specific brand, and if you need a doctor, I’ve written down our family doctor on the back of her cough mixture, and her allergy tablets are in there as well and - ”

“Seungkwan,” Seungcheol laughs. “We’ll be fine. I’m sure whatever I need will be in there. I trust you,”

Seungwkan takes a deep breath and nods before finally turning to the little girl in his arms.

“Sweetheart, you’re going to play with Uncle Seungcheol and Uncle Jihoon for a few hours okay?”

The little girl, with full cheeks and two pigtails held by ties with pink ribbons, shakes her head and grips the plush bunny in her arms tighter. “No, I don’t want to, Dad,” she says, pouting, looking like she’s about to cry.

Seungkwan sighs, bouncing her on his hip. “It’s just for a few hours, baby, then Dad and I will be back to pick you up and we can play together, all three of us,”

“With Daddy?” Yoojung asks, but she still looks on the verge of tears. Seungkwan nods and presses a sloppy kiss to her cheek, making her giggle and wriggle a little.

“We have Frozen, do you want to watch Frozen?” Seungcheol asks, trying to entice her. She glances at him, teeth biting the ear of her bunny.

“Do you have Ra - Ra - ” she frowns, struggling, and Seungkwan laughs.

“Rapunzel, baby,” he turns to Seungcheol, “She likes Tangled,”

Seungcheol’s mouth falls open in realisation. “Oh, yeah, we have that. Let’s watch that and play with Uncle Jihoon and then your Dad will be back,”

Yoojung seems to be thinking it over. “After movie, Dad will be back?” she asks.

Seungkwan kisses her nose. “Two movies, then Dad will be back, promise,” he says.

Yoojung pouts, cheeks looking even puffier, before nodding reluctantly.

Seungkwan beams, kisses her twice and then hands her over to Seungcheol. Jihoon is by his side, picking up the bags.

“Thank you so much, hyungs, I’ll be back as soon as I can. Hansol already knows so he’ll try to leave work on time too,”

Seungcheol smiles and smoothes Yoojung’s hair. “We’ll be fine, won’t we?” he smiles at Yoojung. The little girl is gripping her bunny tightly and pouting as she watches Seungkwan take a few steps backward down the corridor.

“Bye, baby, Dad will be back soon!” Seungkwan says, and Seungcheol raises the bunny’s arm to wave while Yoojung just watches quietly. As soon as he goes around the corner, Seungcheol hears Seungkwan break into a run and he chuckles to himself, carrying Yoojung inside as Jihoon closes the door and grabs the bags.

“Are you hung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter