fourteen

remember (when we were young)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: BEFORE ANYONE KILLS ME, REMEMBER THERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER OKAY? OKAY. NOW I RUN /zooms off

 

When Jihoon rouses, he’s determined to act as if he can just press a reset button on the previous day, and go back to the blissful days before. They’ve been doing it for nearly thirty days now, why not keep the delusion of being a happy couple for a couple more days?

So he wakes Seungcheol up by tickling him.

Seungcheol grumbles, rolls over, squirms and then opens his eyes, glaring at Jihoon blearily. The younger just laughs. Seungcheol responds by wrapping his arms around Jihoon and rolling on top of him to sandwich him between him and the bed, squashing him.

Jihoon whines out protests and Seungcheol smirks, settling down on top of Jihoon, totally content. “Back to sleep,” he hums and Jihoon can’t even move his arms to push him off or wriggle away.

“Seungcheooool,” he whines. “You’re heavy, get off!”

“Need payment,” Seungcheol whispers, eyes twinkling with mischief. He wants kisses. Jihoon rolls his eyes.
  
“No.”

“Then, I’m going back to sleep,” Seungcheol says breezily, resting his head on Jihoon’s.

Jihoon whines and futilely kicks his legs. Seungcheol laughs.

“One more chance to give payment,” he sing-songs. Jihoon sulks beneath him, lips jutted out in a pout.

Seungcheol is about to give up again when Jihoon’s head darts up to kiss his cheek quickly.

“Now get off me before you break a bone or something,” he mutters.

Seungcheol rolls off him, giggling in glee. “That wasn’t enough, but you’re so cute, I’ll let it pass,” he coos, arms still wrapped around him, cuddling him to his chest.

“What am I? Your human sized teddy bear?” Jihoon grumbles, but he doesn’t move away, letting Seungcheol hug him to his chest.

“Yes,” Seungcheol answers, kissing his cheek.

Jihoon squirms, sighing. “Okay, get off now, leech,”

Seungcheol huffs. “No,”

“We have to go,”

“Where?” Seungcheol lets out a whine.

Jihoon just rolls over in his arms and kisses him deeply. “Let’s go,” he murmurs as he pulls away. Seungcheol is so dazed, Jihoon manages to wriggle out of his embrace and yank the blankets off.

Seungcheol whines, Jihoon laughs, and they leave the apartment soon after.

 

Seungcheol makes a strange face when he stands outside the ice-skating rink and Jihoon doubles over in laughter. Seungcheol is gripping his hand tightly, so he doesn’t face plant onto the concrete.

“What does that expression even mean?” Jihoon gasps between helpless giggles.

“It means,” Seungcheol says, face still scrunched up, “that I remember the last time we went ice-skating, Seokmin twisted his ankle trying to spin when he could barely let go of the edge, and Hansol crashed into Mingyu and the two of them got blood noses, and I’m not entirely sure I want to remember that or try again.”

Jihoon barks out short laughter. “That’s because they were being idiots, or being pushed around by idiots, now come on, it’ll be fine,” he says, grinning brightly.

Seungcheol just grins back and lets himself be dragged inside by an excited Jihoon.

 

They go rent their skates, Seungcheol hovering behind Jihoon constantly as the younger tells the employee their shoe sizes.

Seungcheol sneaks a kiss when the employee turns around, and smiles when he pulls away and finds Jihoon with his eyes still closed. He almost leans in to kiss him again, but Jihoon opens his eyes, a dusting of pink on his cheeks, and swats at Seungcheol’s shoulder, determinedly turning away - to the employee who is returning with their skates.

Jihoon fumbles with the laces and Seungcheol crouches in front of him to help him tie them properly. Jihoon mumbles protests, but they’re not very loud, knowing Seungcheol isn’t listening to them.

Seungcheol beams brightly at Jihoon when he’s done and Jihoon grabs his face to kiss him quickly, face red.

“Thanks,” he mumbles, getting to his feet, wobbling a little in the skates.

Seungcheol is basically exuding happiness as he grabs Jihoon’s arm to steady him. He leans in, as if to kiss him again, but stops halfway, and Jihoon stares at him with wide eyes.

“The skates make you taller,” Seungcheol states dumbly. Jihoon rolls his eyes.

“Obviously,” he mutters and Seungcheol grins, eyes crinkling as he pats the top of Jihoon’s head.

“Still shorter than me though,” he coos. Jihoon bristles with anger.

“Choi Seungcheol, I am wearing skates. They have blades underneath. Don’t make me step on your foot,”

Seungcheol just laughs and steps back to put his own skates on, Jihoon crouching in front of him, trying to help. He ends up only tangling the laces together though, and Seungcheol laughs softly, kisses his cheek, and tells him it’s fine.

Jihoon waits by the entrance to the rink, where several people are skating circles on the ice, a few in the centre. Seungcheol slips his hand into Jihoon’s as he comes to stand beside him, and offers him a soft smile.

“Ready?” he asks. Jihoon just smiles and steps onto the rink.

 

Ten minutes later, Seungcheol is on his in the middle of the rink, with Jihoon nearby, clutching his stomach as he tries to stop laughing.

“I told you,” Jihoon struggles to speak between giggles, “move slowly first,”

“But you can do it!” Seungcheol protests, and watches as Jihoon smirks and smoothly skates a small circle in front of him.

“But you’re not me, Seungcheol,” Jihoon grins. He glides over and takes Seungcheol’s hands, pulling him to his feet. “Come on, let’s go again,”

Seungcheol grumbles, but doesn’t complain as Jihoon’s lithe fingers wrap around hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter