Game Over

Mine

Both Sua and Minzy turned towards the sound of the voice. Victoria had stepped back into the distance, but managed to stay close enough to observe all the drama.

"Taemin" Minzy said releasing Sua's arm simultaneously and shifting her glare towards him

"Minzy..." Taemin said slowly after walking up to her and Sua. "Whats going on here?" he said again in a tired voice.

"I can answer that" Victoria said in a haughty tone finally stepping out from the shadows

"Your girlfriend here attacked Sua. All she did was say good morning."

"Please that's not what happened" Minzy said rolling her eyes and stepping away from Sua and Victoria. "Your 'friends' were too busy talking crap about me"

"What!? You nearly ripped my arm off. " Sua said "Taemin, is this how you let your girlfriend treat your friends?" Sua continued in an increasingly angry tone.

"His what!" Minzy shouted in surprise

After watching the situation get progressively worse Taemin decided to step in.

"Yeah..um...I told-"

"You told them!??" Minzy said as a hurt look flashed across her face.

Her eyes were beginning to get glassy. She couldn't understand why Taemin would betray her trust like this. She knew there had to be a reason, but she hated the idea that he just went around telling everyone. That means anyone could know by now. Meaning soon enough it would leak to the media and there'd be a pile of hateful comments to deal with on top of mounting pressure from the survival competition. It was almost as if Taemin wanted her to lose focus. The more she thought about it the more conflicted Minzy became. She didn't know whether to chase Sua and Victoria out or continue to yell at Taemin.

"No I didn't!" Taemin insisted. "I only told Kai and he must of..."

"So you didn't want us to know? What all of a sudden we're not close anymore?" Victoria said in a low tone.

Although she didn't approve of Minzy, Victoria was more upset about the fact that it felt as if Taemin was drifting away from them. Though it always appeared as if SM idols were robots that were programmed to say and do all the right things, they were all very close and had their own worries. They liked to rely on each other when the industry got to be too much for any of them. So Victoria felt slightly hurt that Taemin seemed to be ignoring them or tossing them to the side. Sure even she had her fair share of boyfriends but she always liked to incorporate them into the SM family. However, with Minzy it seemed as if that wasn't going to happen, she seemed distant like she was afraid to be near them.

"No you guys know you and Kai are my friends and I'd tell you anything..." Taemin started again

"So you did tell them..." Minzy said quietly. She had finally made up her mind. Quietly Minzy walked away from the scene and back outside of the building to the parking lot.

"Minzy wait!" Taemin said following her out

"Thanks a lot guys" he said at the last second to Sua and Victoria before exiting the building completely

"Whatever" Sua said with an eye roll "Just wait until Hyoyeon hears about this"

"Who cares.. lets just go practice" Victoria said dejectedly watching Taemin run out. She had seen the panic in his eye as he rushed out and suddenly she wasn't in the mood to talk about their relationship with Hyoyeon, well that is if there was any left to talk about by the time they reached her.

 

 

"Minzy stop!" Taemin said catching up with her and grabbing her by the shoulder. He forcefully turned her to face him, but he wish he hadn't. Tears were streaked down her face and her eyebrows were scrunched up in anger. Her hands reached up to wipe her tears as she waited for Taemin to finally say something.

"I didn't mean to...it's just that Kai was saying we weren't close anymore and I just wanted him to know why I've been acting differently. He's a friend and I wanted him to know about the good things in my life. I didn't think he'd tell...you know, them" Taemin said in a nervous voice desperately and inarticulately trying to explain himself.

Minzy simply took a big breath and sighed while continuing to glare at Taemin, so he continued.

"It's just...it's just that I'm getting tired of sneaking around and hiding like we're doing something wrong. Nothing we're doing is wrong! And even though I say I'm okay I'm not. I feel like you're embarrassed to be seen with me. Like I'm just a passing thought for you." Taemin confessed

Again another moment of silence passed. Minzy reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. Taemin could only watch in silence and be grateful that she hadn't run away from him again. After awhile of scrolling through something Minzy held out her phone for Taemin to see.

 

Team 3 Picks Up Win on First Battle...

[+4,002, -300] Yeah I guess she's a good dancer but I still don't understand how she got cast with that face

[+2,234. -100] So ugly...I understand the show is about talent but couldn't they at least try to find pretty girls. Talent wise her team is the best, but aren't they last when it comes to visuals? Minzy is like the black hole in that aspect.

[ 3,004. -200] How could Seunghyun oppa say he wanted to collab with Minzy? Honestly speaking doesn't she look like a ? Maybe he was just saying it to be nice since not a lot of other guys showed interest in her. Haha

[4,500 , -311] So far it looks like Taemin may take the win for the guys side. Can you imagine if someone like Minzy got paired with him? Biggest plot twist of the century , it would be like a reversed Beauty and the Beast, keke..

 

Taemin sighed after reading the comments. He stopped scrolling after the first few, seeing as they just got progressively worse.

"Minzy I told you, you can't worry about-" Taemin was cut off as Minzy snatched her phone back and scrolled through her phone again. She slowly handed it back to him.

 

Rumor: Love Line on Dance Set?

[+1,004] Hul~! Already? It's only been a few episodes and some fox has already claimed a guy?

[+500] The article says it's someone surprising. That means either it's someone really ugly or totally innocent. Someone it seems out of character for...

[+2,004] Whoever it is they're done keke. They came on the show to dance not date!

[+2,700] I've heard rumors that it's SHINEE's Taemin...o.o

[+1,566] Honestly the only girl I can see Taemin with (if it is him) is someone pretty from SM. All the rest are kind of plain and would be a step down for him.

 

"Minzy I didn't mean for it to become a big thing" Taemin said again "But you can't worry about people like that it's nothing, it's-"

"IT IS SOMETHING!" Minzy said finally exploding on Taemin "You don't get it!"

Minzy took a step away from Taemin as she continued to lose control of her emotions.

"You just don't get it. It doesn't matter what I do. I'm still this ugly talentless person in their eyes. It doesn't even matter how many times I win. It's not just a few times Taemin! It's constant! EVERYDAY!" Minzy said her tears falling down again.

"Listen, you know what? You were the best part of my day for awhile. With you I didn't have to worry about random people judging me or ruining my fun. I could just be me around you and feel free. Excuse me if I wanted to keep that private! Yo- You..you thought I was embarrassed of you? The only thing I'm embarrassed about is that I'm still crying. I love being with you Taemin. Don't you get it? Just you. I don't want the cameras, your friends, or Dispatch or whatever...I just want you!" Minzy finished out of breath and her face a vibrant red. Taemin once again attempted to step towards her, but Minzy stepped back.

"And you ruined it. You didn't even ask me. You didn't even care how I felt. You didn't even give me a warning. Now on top of worrying about this I have to deal with people here whispering about us, your friends hating me, and a race between which gossip site can cash in on our relationship first. Then... Then you have the nerve to say-" Minzy stopped to collect herself.

"To tell me you tell me you didn't mean it? That's the worst part , you didn't even think. You just... ugh you just don't get it." Minzy said her voice finally cracking.

"And it seems like you never will" Minzy said in a defeated tone. "Just... leave me alone for now, okay?" she said sounding tired and deflated

"Bye." she said curtly before shoving past him and racing away from the scene. Taemin just watched her go as the weight of his actions slowly descended on him

"Yeobo..." Taemin whispered into the air as Minzy's figure disappeared gradually and he was left by himself trying to come to terms with the complete meaning of Minzy's goodbye...

 

 

* I felt like I owed you guys another update. Since the last one was kinda overdue and a little short. Hope this makes up for it. And please don't get the wrong idea about the knetz comments I added in. Even though I am kinda bitter about Minzy leaving 2NE1, I definitely do not think of her in that way. I was just trying to capture the negative sentiments for the story. Please don't think those are my feelings. I was just replicating what you'd usually see from rude netizens. Please keep commenting and stick around for the next update~!