Talk

Mine

"And the results are IN!" the MC said with an anxious tone,creating an expectant air for the audience.

Minzy gathered next to Minri and Hyoyeon and nervously awaited the results. While other teams were clasping each other's hands, Minzy noticed both Minri and Hyoyeon stood on the side of the stage with their arms crossed. Even though there was still some tension in the group, Minzy was surprised that they had overcome it well enough to put on a decent performance. She looked to the left side of the stage to see the guy groups and tried to meet Taemin's eye. He looked too busy fidgeting and tapping his foot to notice her. She was confused to see him still nervous since he had done great during his stage. He danced passionately and made no mistakes unlike his teammate Ren. It wasn't too obvious but the more experienced dancers could tell that he was chasing the beat and he tripped a few times during the turns in the choreography. Minzy felt kind of sorry for the guy, but was happy that at least Taemin didn't make a mistake.

As the seconds ticked by like hours Minzy clasped her hands more harshly in anticipation.

"And the winner for the introductory battle with the most votes from the audience is Team 3! Congratulations to Kim Hyoyeon, Lee Minri, and Gong Minzy..."

Minzy screamed in excitement as soon as their names were called and didn't even finish listening to the rest of the announcer's message about the other teams. Together Minzy and her team walked to the front of the stage and bowed to the audience in thanks. After an attack of flashes from seemingly millions of cameras her group was taken to the side to answer questions from interviewers. They kept asking the typical questions about the group's teamwork and the difficulty of the routine. Minzy had to restrain herself from rolling her eyes when Minri put on a huge smile and wrapped her arms around Minzy and Hyoyeon. It screamed fake and forced to them, but the photographers and interviewers couldn't tell the difference. After a few more small talks with the press Minzy returned backstage to watch the rest of the results.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Team 3... Gong Minzy..."

Taemin wanted to jump for joy once he heard the announcer deem Minzy's team the winner. But celebrating seemed a bit out of place, considering a few minutes after the first announcement the MC revealed that Taemin's team had finished third out of the five guy teams. It wasn't bad but definitely not okay with the rest of his team. They had all returned back to their dressing rooms and Seunghyun and Junhoe were tearing into Ren for his multiple mess ups. Kai who would have usually been talking with Taemin was sitting silently on his phone in one corner of the room. Taemin could tell he was still upset about earlier, but he wasn't really sure where to begin to fix things. All of a sudden Taemin felt a vibration from his pocket.

From: Minnie~

"Don't worry about today. You did Great ^_^ Do you want to meet at the park again for a walk?" 11:03 PM

To: Minnie~

"Thanks not as good as Miss first place though :) And sorry I can't I have to do something tonight. I'll see you tomorrow <3"

Taemin closed his phone thankful for Minzy's message; it had given him an idea. Getting up slowly and a little apprehensively from his seat in the room Taemin walked pass his other teammates and over to Kai.

"Hey man, why don't we go for a walk?" Taemin asked him casually.

Kai looked up in confusion before shrugging and following Taemin out.

 

 

"It was kinda funny when Ren missed like 3 steps.." Kai admitted while looking out at the night sky from the rooftop and laughing to himself.

After an hour or so Kai had finally relented and decided to get over the small fight he and Taemin had . He was happy to be joking around with him again

"Yeah, and you guys all thought I was the one that was going to screw up." Taemin teased.

"Whatever man," Kai laughed. He hesitated slightly before starting again "But for real...I'm sorry if you thought I was turning on you. Its just that...It's like.. you know... it's like you're so distracted lately or like you're keeping something from me. I guess it kinda made me mad that you were shutting me out. But I guess it was just me over thinking."

Taemin sighed loudly after hearing Kai's words. Now he understood why his friend was acting so strange. Taemin could admit to himself that after he started seeing Minzy he was in his head a lot, always thinking about her. He just didn't realize he was so obvious about it and had been shutting out people. He continued to battle with a certain thought in his head weighing the consequences and the benefits. He told Minzy not to worry about what people say, but maybe he should actually be acting out what he said. It made no sense for him to keep hiding their relationship. Honestly, it had been eating him alive for awhile. He hated how cautious Minzy was sometimes. It almost felt like she was embarrassed to be seen with him, but Taemin wasn't embarrassed about her. He didn't see what would be so bad about somebody knowing. It's not like he was running to Dispatch and submitting pictures of their dates. It would just be one close friend. Maybe that'd make Minzy more comfortable even . If she saw how it would be no big deal if someone other than themselves knew about their relationship. With renewed confidence Taemin turned to Kai.

"No...no you're not crazy...," Taemin said "Look Kai I have a secret to tell you..."

 

 

"Can you believe it?" Sua whispered on her way into the large dance studio for practice.

Solo battles had started and now things were getting pretty intense. She had been coming in extra early with Victoria to get ahead of the other contestants, but it hadn't made any difference. About a dozen other dancers had the same idea so Sua had just started coming in at the regular time of 9 AM again. She had her brown hair slicked back in a lazy ponytail and was wearing a white crop top and gray sweat pants.

"What the elimination?" Victoria asked. Victoria had her dark hair tied up in an elegant bun and was wearing similar sweatpants except in red with a black tank top.

Victoria had her mind focused on the competition not so much as gossip. Her group had come in fourth for the introductory battle so she already felt like she was on thin ice. And in the past week two of her former team members had been eliminated, so she felt uneasy. But the biggest shock was how Minri had recently lost. She and Hyoyeon had a match together and even though Victoria was close to Hyoyeon she could admit that Hyoyeon should have lost. It was the chance for each dancer to show off a stage created personally by them. Minri went above and beyond and did a jazz based routine and performed with grace. Hyoyeon had chosen a hip hop song which was good, but it was also sloppy. It looked like Hyoyeon was distracted and Victoria could guess why.

"Oh you mean the whole Taemin and Minzy thing?" Victoria asked again while shaking her head. She couldn't believe it. Taemin had chosen someone from YG over all the great girls in his own company. However, Victoria knew the one that really couldn't take it was Hyoyeon since both her and Sua knew she had a thing for him. Kai had sent them a message a few days after Taemin had told him the news. They all agreed that she would be nothing but trouble for him and ruin his image. On the other hand, none of them had the heart to tell Taemin this, because he seemed so happy nowadays and they didn't want to distract him from the competition.

"Yep. I mean I still can't believe it. I mean he did know Hyoyeon longer." Sua said in an indignant tone, her voice growing louder. "Well, today Minzy finally has to come in to practice since her solo match against Bora is in a few days. "

"Oh true. And guess who else has a solo match.." Victoria said in a playful tone

"It's not like it's any surprise. I can't wait to see Hyoyeon tell Minzy that shes nothing but a no name YG reject who-" Sua was forced to a sudden halt when Victoria stopped walking right in front of her.

"Whats wrong with you!?" Sua said clutching her shoulder.

Victoria slowly turned to face Sua with a panicked expression on her face and moved her eyes to the left of her. Sua followed to see Minzy standing there in Adidas workout gear looking like she was about to explode on them. Sua gulped before fixing her hair and taking a step forward.

"Good morning Minzy." Sua said faking a smile. She tried to walk past Minzy only to be grabbed by the arm.

"Aren't you going to finish your sentence?" Minzy asked in a cold voice while glaring right into Sua's eyes.

"Uh... well I was just saying that... you were... and you know Tae- Taemin shouldn't..be...you know..."

"HEY!"

-______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello again~ Sorry for the long absence. More college stuff -_- But I'll be updating soon and I'm even working on other stories to publish soon. Hope you like this chapter. Please continue to leave comments. And just wanted to say isn't it funny how I started writing this then news of that dance competition show came out. It's a new show called Hit the Stage and it has a few idol dancers that kinda face off against each other. I just thought it was cool how it was similar to my plot. Anyway please continue reading ^.^

P.s as a 2NE1 fan sad about it being OT3 now...