Hit the Stage Pt. 2

Mine

"Well didn't expect that you'd even get this far."

"Yeah, yeah save it."

"Well I'm glad it's you. This makes things a lot easier. "

"Excuse me?"

"Beating Kai? Okay. Beating Seunghyun Fine. Beating you? Easy."

"Try not to get ahead of yourself" Taemin said scowling at Junhoe as they talked in their shared dressing room before their final match. Junhoe had battled against Seunghyun pretty evenly with both of them doing hip hop inspired routines. However, Seunghyun ruined his chances by slipping during one of his moves. He went to do a summersault but failed to stick the landing in the end. The crowd was sympathetic but not enough to save him from elimination. Taemin had watched with Minzy and shook his head at the outcome. Even though he and Seunghyun were never really friends, Taemin respected him a lot more than Junhoe. Junhoe was always overly cocky and overly critical. The worst part was that he also had the skills to back it up; so, mixed together Junhoe was a dangerous competitor.

"Why shouldn't I? It's worked this long." Junhoe said again with a smirk .

"Well your luck has to run out sometime" Taemin said standing up from his chair done getting his makeup on and going to change into his dance clothes.

"See you on the stage" Taemin called out behind him as he slammed the door shut on his way out.

~

"Hey!" Victoria called out jogging up to Minzy

Minzy turned around so fast that one of her long braided pigtails lightly slapped against her cheek. Both pigtails extended down to her waist and were partially covered with a backwards black snapback. It went well with the rest of Minzy's street style that included a cropped black and white jersey and high waisted dark pants. Her bulky Adidas shoes completed the look. The only thing out of place was Minzy's confused expression as she  saw Victoria trying to talk to her. They were both dressed and ready to go perform and see who would be the winner of it all.

"Uh I just wanted to say... that you know... for like um everything that we that I even..." Victoria said rambling. She twirled her long dark hair that was styled in ringlets around her fingers, while nervously looking down at her white romper and matching heels. She was conflicted on exactly how to approach Minzy. 

"I get it" Minzy softly smiled stopping Victoria from her rant "You're forgiven."

"Thanks " Victoria said with a smile. "I didn't expect things to get that out of hand and then Sua..."

Minzy rolled her eyes at the mention of Sua.

"Lets not worry about her." Minzy said in a stern tone. She was already fed up with all the articles commending her bravery for continuing to dance despite her injury. Everyone was painting her as a poor innocent victim whose fall was due to SM over working their artists.

"Anyway," Minzy continued "Good luck out there. Let the best one win."

"Yeah, let the best one win" Victoria repeated while holding out her hand for Minzy to shake.

~

"Now for the final female idol dance battle, Victoria versus. Minzy, Music cue!" The MC called out.

A lone dancer stepped onto stage as the blinding white lights illuminated the center spot. Facing the audience Victoria swallowed her nerves and plastered on a serene smile. A slow tune played as she body waved and seductively moved her hips to the rhythm. She had done many styles on the show, but she was hoping y would be the one that sealed the deal. The tempo of her music suddenly increased  and she popped out her legs in tune to the beat. Making sure to toss her hair and display as much of her flexibility as possible Victoria continued her routine. She enchanted the male audience with her demure smiles and appealing attire. Sliding down into a bold split Victoria ended her routine with a huge smile on her face. As she got up Victoria realized how satisfied she was to have made it this far. She was content in knowing that she had proven herself by getting to the near end. She continued exiting  while the music changed and the white light shifted to the left side of the stage where her opponent would step out. Staying in the darkness Minzy slowly made her way to the center, meeting the light. She swiveled to face the audience and instantly a booming hiphop song played and Minzy was off. She danced aggressively and with passion reminiscent of her first routine during the introductory battles. She did her signature pop and lock moves while adding a new style to it by slowing it down and making it appear smoother as she blended it in with her other techniques. Suddenly there was a break in the music, and Minzy paused. The background changed to a upbeat R&B tune and Minzy was back at it again entrancing the audience with her smooth glides and effervescent smile throughout the routine.The music then slipped back into the last lines of 2NE1's I am The Best and Minzy winked into the camera then tossed her hat into the audience as the last beat cut off. She felt as if she was tossing all her troubles away. She had nothing left to prove because she had left it all on the dance floor. 

 "Wow amazing! It's going to be a tough trying to judge the winner" the MC said "Now lets continue this by seeing the final face off between Junhoe and Taemin! Music start!"

At the sound of the MC's voice the lights dimmed and Junhoe emerged from the shadows. He performed another fast paced hip hop inspired routine that captured the attention of the female fans of the audience. He was sliding across the stage while demonstrating his quick and elegant footwork. Junhoe also made sure to focus more on entertaining this time by providing smoldering expressions and slow body movements. He wanted the crowd to be on his side. During his routine the music suddenly cut off and switched over to  iKon's own choreography from their song Rhythm Ta. Fans in the audience sang along even after he finished his choreography and had swaggered off the stage confident in himself.

The lights then shifted to Taemin who came in from the left side and slowly walked upon the stage. He was clad in a silk black top with matching baggy pants. He gave off a graceful oriental mood as his outfit adorned with a bright red belt was similar to a kimono. As he kneeled on center stage the music started and everyone was soon captured by the grace of Taemin's performance. His song Good Bye flooded the studio and warmed the hearts of all those listening.

(Taemin's performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXJKEdgW5_0)

As the last notes of Taemin's song faded away the audience broke out into loud applause and cheers. Even the judges were left with open mouthed expressions and wide eyes.

"Unbelievable! The talent on the stage!" the MC said stepping in to try to control the loud atmosphere. "But it's not over yet .Everyone, we still have to discuss the winners..."

~~

"Well that was nerve racking," Taemin whispered to Minzy as they stood next to each other waiting on stage along with Victoria and Junhoe to hear the results. "I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest." he admitted

"You did great." Minzy said smiling up at him and turning back her attention to the MC

"We thank everyone for giving the show love and support despite it only being the first season..." he continued on

"Ah! I'm so nervous" Victoria whispered to Minzy while slightly leaning into her side "But remember I meant it when I said let the best one win. If I lose it'd be an honor losing to you."

Junhoe rolled his eyes after hearing the exchange and leaned over to Taemin's side. "Feeling nervous?" he mocked.

"Why do you ask me? Feeling insecure, Junhoe?" Taemin said in a sly voice.

"Why don't you just go to-"

"AND NOW THE WINNERS OF THE BATTLES, THE ONES WHO WILL TAKE THE LAST DANCE CENTER STAGE ARE..." The MC shouted in anticipation as he ripped open an envelope containing the results. He looked down at them quickly then back up at the audience "CONGRATULATIONS TO-"