Wanna Play?

Good Night

 

The day dragged on as Wonwoo pulled through each of his classes. At lunch, he sat where he usually sat, with his small group of friends in the courtyard outside of the cafeteria. He was always the first to get there, usually having to sit and wait for one of his friends to appear. But today, Wonwoo didn't seem to take notice that his friends arrived, as he was looking out for a certain angel to come through the blue doors into the cafeteria. Vernon caught this, slightly punching his arm, startling the boy. 

"Someone's a bit off today."

Vernon's voice was captivating to Wonwoo and he was slightly jealous of him. Well, he's always been. Being a foreigner at their school was like being a movie star. And he knew two of them. Josh was kind of quiet though, not really good with the girls. Unlike Vernon, of course. The boy always was talking about girls, surrounded by girls, looking at girls. But Wonwoo couldn't blame him. He was good looking, charming, and overall stunning. But not as stunning as Mingyu who had just walked into the noisy eating space. Wonwoo's eyes were glued to his body, the sounds and people around him fading from his vision and hearing as the angel made his way across the room. He had this glow to him, everywhere he walked it shown brightly. Wonwoo just couldn't get over the boy. The way he made him feel, the way his heart clenched and stomach churn, the way his mind would go empty and palms sweat profusely, he was intoxicating. He watched him sit with a bunch of rowdy boys, pull out a small, packed lunch from his bag and begin to eat quietly. Wonwoo sighed to himself, wanting so badly to sit beside him, to eat and talk with him. 

As he intently watched the boy, Mingyus eyes wandered around the cafeteria as he chewed, eyes suddenly landing on Wonwoo. His brows rose, and a big smile broke out onto his face as he waved his giant hand to him. Wonwoo froze, then shyly smiled back to the boy. He could see Mingyu chuckle through the glass window, his eyes twinkling ever so slightly. Wonwoo's heart was beating fast in his chest when he suddenly felt a pair of hands pull his shirt and sight away from the window, Vernon's voice interrupted his thoughts. 

"Dude, listen to this, it's so dope!"

Wonwoo was so out of it as a pair of headphones came onto his head from out of no where, loud music booming into his ears. 

"C-could you turn it down a little?"

Wonwoo felt like he was drowning in the bass, the music taking over his entire existence. He closed his eyes, face scrunching as his head began to rock to the beat, a steady rhythm with some soft piano in the background. Vernon watched as Wonwoo's body began to react to the music, swaying and rocking little by little. A smile appeared on his face, Mingyu spotting it through the mirror. He watched as the boy next to Wonwoo rocked his head along with him, brown, wavy hair swaying against his forehead. Mingyu sighed a little, the food in his mouth no longer tasty. He put his spoon down, Seongheol catching him sigh. 

"What's up?"

Seongcheols voice was soft and soothing in Mingyus ear, his muscles relaxing a bit. He shook his head, gave his friend a flat smile and began to eat again. Seongcheol still had a worried look on his face when Soonyoung came bouncing to their table, some friends trailing behind him. 

"Hey guys, were gonna have a basketball game after school. Just for fun and to get to know some of these kids."

Soonyoung slid out of the way, revealing two very familiar faces to Mingyu. Pink hair was all he could see before his eyes moved down and locked with a short boy. 

"Hey, weren't you..."

The pink haired boy cut him off, his voice sharp and precise. 

"From soccer, yes. I'm Woozi. Nice to see you again."

Mingyu nodded, offering a small smile to the boy but got a blank stare in response. His eyes wandered over to the boy next to him, long, brown hair excentuating his slim face. The boy smiled at Mingyu, bowing slightly foreword as he spoke. 

"I'm Jeonghan. We also played together?"

Mingyu nodded, smiling more than before. Jeonghan smiled cutely before his eyes traveled to Seongcheol next to him. Mingyus eyes widened, remembering the conversation they had in the locker rooms. Seongcheols face was slightly red, his hands fidgeting with the hair behind his head again. 

"And you are...?"

Jeonghans eyes locked with Seongcheol, the boy not moving whatsoever. Mingyu spoke up, knowing Seongcheol wasn't able to. 

"Seongcheol. We played against his team."

Jeonghans mouth opened slightly, a small "ahh" coming from his lips. Seongcheol his lips and smiled up to the boy, Jeonghan blushing a bit. Soonyoungs booming voice returned, cutting off the introductions. 

"So, you all can meet us on the courts after school?"

The group of boys nodded, Mingyu glancing over at Seongcheol who's eyes were still on Jeonghan. The three boys waved before walking away, Seongcheol flopping harshly onto the table in front of them, groaning loudly. Mingyu muffled a laugh under his hand before patting his back, whispering to him. 

"See, I told you guys can be pretty. Looks like you've fallen hard for that one."

Seongcheol sat up to punch Mingyu hard before laying back down, burying his reddened face into his muscly arms. Mingyu laughed although his arm was in pain, he finally felt relieved that he wasn't the only gay one at the table. He returned back to eating quietly, still hearing Seongheol muffled groans from beneath his arms. 

Wonwoo slid off the headphones, Vernon smiling to him, braces filling his mouth up. 

"You like it? Made it myself."

Vernon slid the laptop closer to himself, popping some chips into his mouth before typing away. Wonwoo was amazing at his DJ-ing abilities, feeling even more envious about the boy. He sighed again, his body slumping over itself. He quietly thought to himself, slowing stuffing cereal into his mouth as he leaned his tired body onto the table. He observed his friends, thinking about each of their personalities. Vernon was like a potted plant, always having to give it sun and water for it to survive, which was Wonwoo's friendship. Without him, Vernon was alone, or at least that's what he always said. When he invited Wonwoo to a party once and he declined, the boy went on a long speech on why he had to go.

"Dude you gotta come! It's gonna be a sick party with dope music and people! Plus, I can't go alone, I gotta take you with me! It's weird without my best buddy not their. Come on man!"

Even though Vernon persisted Wonwoo to go for hours, he never went. But Wonwoo learned how valuable he was to Vernon and how even though he's popular and got lots of friends, he still feels alone when he's not there with him. Wonwoo's heart was touched but Vernon was straight and he wasn't. But they managed to become good friends. Seungkwan, sitting next to Vernon, was their groups smart diva. They would go to him if their was either drama or homework help, there was no in betweens. Seungkwan was like the neighbors cat that would only come over for food or toys. He only usually talked to Wonwoo to talk about people or help him with homework, but mostly gossiping. Their group of friends were all equally smart, but Seungkwan was the sassiest and would always get his way. Wonwoo smiled to himself, thinking about the one time they ate out together and the cashier charged them for refilling their water. He went off on the lady and even called her manager. It was overall very embarrassing and funny for Wonwoo, but nevertheless, Seungkwan was the best. 

Wonwoo was still deep into his thoughts when a large hand tapped his shoulder lightly. He lazily sat up and turned around to see Mingyu hovering over him. He felt a scream creep up his throat but he swallowed it back down, eyes widening up at the boy. His voice was deep and made shivers run down his back. 

"Hey, uhm... my friends are gonna have a basketball game after school and... I was wondering if you... or your friends uhhh... Wanted to come?"

The way he stuttered made Wonwoo's heart flutter and make him forget how to speak. He sat up a little, clearing his throat before answering.

"Uh sure. What time?"

Mingyus face lit up with excitement, catching Wonwoo off guard. His smile sent him back, his stomach clenching hard as he forced his smile away. Mingyu didn't seem to notice as he began to talk again. 

"Great! It's gonna be right after school down at the basketball court."

Wonwoo nodded, him still not able to speak properly to the boy, and smiled up at him. Mingyu smiled back, feeling relieved at his response. 

"Alright, I'll see you there?"

He got up, Wonwoo nodding enthusiastically to him. The though of being able to see Mingyu again and not during school made his stomach do somersaults. The boy jumped up and walked away, waving before entering the cafeteria, disappearing among the crowd. Wonwoo sighed loudly, turning back to the table where all eyes were on him. Smirks were also among the clan, Wonwoo aware of the awkward atmosphere. 

"What??"

They all burst into laughter, patting his back then continuing their lunches. Wonwoo sat back, cheeks tinted red as he ate, staring back at where Mingyu was. He sighed to himself, stuffing more cereal into his mouth. 

 

HEY GUYS SO ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE IVE UPDATED BUT HOW ARE YOU AL LIKING THE STORY SO FAR? Please tell me below, I love feedback! :')