Morning Jog

Good Night

 

(Wednesday)
The next morning, Mingyu woke up in utter bliss. He replayed the events from the previous night in his head over and over again. He could still feel Wonwoos lips on his, the way his tongue tasted in his mouth. He sighed loudly, staring up at his bare ceiling. A smile broke onto his face, a fit of giggles erupting from his body.

He sat up on his bed, rubbing his eyes. He turned his clock over. 5:35 am it read. He sighed, picking up his phone to text Seongcheol.

Mingyu: hey dude, you awake?

He threw his phone back onto his bed, standing up and stretching his aching body. As he closed his eyes, Mingyu could still see Wonwoos flawless face next to his, imagining his warm breath and long fingers. Mingyu smiled as he walked to his bathroom, washing his face and drying it with a small towel. As he walked back into his room, he heard his phone buzz, scooping it up into his hands and swiping it open.

Seongcheol: I am now. Morning jog?

Mingyu smiled down at his screen, stifling a yawn as he texted back.

Mingyu: yea sure, meet you in fifteen.

He slowly got ready, his body still half asleep. As he exited his room, Mingyu grabbed a light jacket and threw it over his white tank, keys jingling in his sweat pants' pocket.

He stepped outside into the cold morning, chewing on a protein bar. He began to stretch his arms and his legs, waiting for Seongcheol to jog on by. Sure enough, coming from his right, Mingyu watched Seongcheol jog towards his house before he jumped in, the two jogging side by side. Mingyu felt his muscles relax, his body letting go. He sighed into the air, his warm breath visible. After rounding a corner, Seongcheol broke the silence.

"So, how was tutoring?"

Mingyu instantly smiled at the question, the events popping up into his mind again.

"It went well."

Seongcheol eyed him from his right, disappointed by his answer.

"Nothing....happened?"

As they jogged past the city borderline and were side by side with a vast field of grass, Mingyu smiled a little.

"He came for tutoring and he tutored me."

Seongcheol frowned a little, wanting more from Mingyu.

"But that's not what only happened, right?"

Mingyu couldn't hold himself back, shaking his head as a laugh left his lips. Seongcheol smiled, smacking him in the arm, satisfied.

"I knew it man. So, spill!"

Seongcheol was eager to hear about his friends night. Mingyu told him the whole story in detail, the two sounding like gossiping girls. As they jogged the morning away, Mingyu continued his life events, receiving all kinds of responses from Seongcheol from arm smacking to loud gasps.

As they neared the end of their exersize trail, the sun was high in the sky, the city behind them fully alive. The two boys were standing next to a water spout, blinking away the sweat from their eyes. As they took their break, Seongcheol walked over to Mingyu, lightly patting his back.

"I'm happy for you man."

Mingyu nodded, gulping down the refreshing coldness. The water cooled down his insides, his light jacket soaked through with sweat.

"Let's go. I still need to shower."

Mingyu started on the trail back to the city, Seongcheol laughing at him.

"Of course, gotta look crisp for your man."

Mingyu smacked him before running off, the dust and sand from his shoes flying up into the air.

-----------------------

Seongcheol met up with Mingyu after they both were ready for school. They hurriedly made their way across the town, passing by crowded markets and beeping cars. As they approached the schools campus, Hoshi came bouncing his way to the pair, interrupting their conversation about crushes.

"Hey dudes, throwing a party this Friday, y'all comin?"

Hoshis bright blonde hair bounced on his head as he smiled at the two boys. Seongcheol looked at Mingyu who gave him an approving expression, turning back to the bubbly boy.

"Sure why not. Who else is coming?'

They turned the corner walking past the campus gates.

"Well I'm going to notify as many people as I can this week. And of course, I'm gonna invite the ladies."

Hoshi emphasized the word 'ladies' with a wink to them, the boys hesitantly laughing back at him. Then the boy was off, calling out to other people and inviting them to his party. Mingyu and Seongcheol looked at each other before bursting into loud waves of laughter, stumbling up the stairs and into the tall building.

--------------------

Mingyu eagerly sat in his seat, waiting to see Wonwoo. You would think the boy actually liked school: the way he sat, all straight and proper, his books and pencils neatly arranged on his desk, shirt fresh and crisp looking on his body. But no. He was only excited to see one boy and probably fall asleep in that very class like every morning.

As Wonwoo stepped through the threshold, he too looked as crisp as a newly bought TV, his face shimmering with the newly-bought glow. He eyed Mingyu who wasn't paying attention to the doorway and quietly made his way to the back of his desk. He then jump scared the boy, a tiny scream emerging from his lips. Wonwoo burst into laughter as Mingyu turned around to see who the little twerp scared him was and his face immediately softened as his eyes settled on Wonwoos smiling face. He fake punched Wonwoo in the stomach, turning back to his desk.

"Whatcha doin?"

Wonwoo curiously looked over his shoulder, hesitantly resting his chin onto the boys broad shoulder. Mingyu sat up straighter, pointing out some perfectly written math notes laid upon his desk.

"I have a math test today so I'm studying."

He turned to Wonwoo, their cheeks slightly brushing against one another's. Wonwoo then stood up straight, his throat going dry as he took his seat.

"Good luck on your test, I hope my tutoring paid off."

Wonwoo chucked slightly, pulling out his materials for the class. Mingyu smiled to himself, repeating Wonwoos words in his mind as the bell rang loudly in their ears. As class began, Wonwoo took notes for two as Mingyu silently studied next to him, eyebrows furrowed in complete concentration. Wonwoo sat back to observe the beautiful boy, hair up and gelled to the side, uniform neatly buttoned and tucked into his pants. Wonwoo sighed before diving back into the notes, mind wandering about Mingyu.

In the middle of class, Mingyu felt his phone vibrate in his pant pocket, his head shooting up to the teacher. But he was still sitting at his desk, eyes glued to a book. Mingyu slid his phone out, taking a peek at a new text from Seongcheol.

Seongcheol: you gonna invite Wonwoo to Hoshis party?

Mingyu thought quietly to himself, glancing to his right to look at Wonwoo. He was taking notes, body moving with each character his fingers formed over the pen. Mingyu turned back to his phone screen, struggling to type with one hand.

Mingyu: idk... should I ?

He clicked his phone off, returning to his studying but the whole time he was distracted by his thoughts.
Should I invite Wonwoo? If we go as a pair, will people think things?
Probably not, I mean we are just friends.

Mingyu paused his thoughts. Just friends? Were the two boys just
friends? Do just friends tutor each other in math? Do they always want
to kiss the other? Do they hold hands and walk together at night? Do
they fantasize about the other, dreaming about them almost every night
they sleep?

Mingyu thought, no, we can't be just friends....could we?
He gingerly laid his pencil down, leaning back to stretch but to mostly look at Wonwoo. His jet black hair was combed and styled, pale neck exposed under the black canvas. Mingyu gulped, imagining marks on his beautiful skin, splatter of purples and reds all over the white expanse, hair ruffled, chest...

Mingyu shook his head, his eyes fogging a bit. Everyone was getting up around him and he began to pack his bags, ignoring the churning feeling in his stomach. As he stood, Wonwoo handed him the notes, smiling at him. He smiled back, swallowing visibly. He then felt his phone vibrate again, pulling it out.

Seongcheol: yea do it! I'm inviting Jeonghan too.

Mingyu followed Wonwoo out the door as he read the text, catching up to him. He lightly pulled on his shirt, the boy stopping. He was out of breath as he spoke, although he didn't know why.

"Hey, uhm. Hoshi is having a party Friday night and I was thinking we could go together."

Wonwoos lips parted slightly before they became a straight line again: his usual facial expression. Mingyu silently prayed he would say yes. He didn't want to show up at the party as a third wheel with Seongcheol and Jeonghan but he also didn't want to miss out on the fun. He pushed Wonwoo on further, lightly grabbing his hand.

"Come on, it'll be fun."

Wonwoo looked around the halls before squeezing Mingyus hand.

"Ok... I'll go."

Mingyu felt so happy, he could've kissed him. And he did. But not right there, in the middle of the halls. He hurriedly pushed Wonwoo into the nearby custodian closet, closing the door before smashing his lips to his. Wonwoo gasped loudly before kissing him back, glad the closet was dark so Mingyu couldn't see his reddened face. His back was against the wall as Mingyu worked his mouth onto his, jaw aching from the movement. Before the kiss got too heated, Mingyu had to pull away, his beating heart loud in his ears. The rush sent blood to his head, him slightly dizzy after opening the door. Wonwoos face and ears were dipped in red paint, him rubbing the back of his neck as they slipped out of the stuffy room. Before parting ways, Mingyu caressed Wonwoos neck before letting go and running down the hall to his next class.