Party Time

Good Night

 

(Friday)

The day's rolled by quickly, Wednesday and Thursday rapidly passing. As Friday came by, Mingyu couldn't stop thinking about the party. Especially the fact that he was taking Wonwoo with him.

He stood in front of his mirror, tall and sinewy. Mingyu slid a hand through his freshly washed hair, smirking at himself. He spent almost all afternoon thinking about what he was going to wear, running home from school to tear apart his limited closet. He ended up settling with a white tee, flannel jacket and a pair of ripped up jeans. As he sat on his bed, he watched the clock tick by. 6:47. 6:48. 6:49.

He sighed, glancing sideways at his phone. He swooped it up, fingers idling over Wonwoos text message box. He opened it, reading over their older messages. Smiling to himself, Mingyu felt his stomach churn, warming up. Going to the party with Wonwoo might be fun...

As Mingyu sat, his phone buzzed in his hand. He was startled, heart beating rather quick inside his chest. He looked down. One new message from Wonwoo.

Wonwoo: hey, what time you pickin me up?

Mingyu sat there for a second before replying.

Mingyu: whenever you're ready. :)

As he sent the text, another message came up.

Seongcheol: hey, what time you going? We're already heading over bc
Hoshi said it was getting crowded already.

Mingyu: damn already? I'll head over soon then.

Mingyu sat up, grabbing his keys before leaving his room. As he passed the hallway, his mother called out to him.

"Where are you going?"

Mingyu stopped, leaning against the sliding doors.

"Hoshi's house. Throwing a small get together for some new kids joining the basketball team."

Lies. But his mother just nodded, smiling up at him. She was sitting at the table, a whole bunch of plastic bags and frozen food scattered around. Her wrinkles showed through her light makeup, Mingyu seeing the old in her. He smiled back, walking over to her side. He planted a small kiss to her temple, lips lingering there for a while. He rubbed the side of her arm before taking off, the front door closing swiftly behind him.

Once outside, Mingyu took in a deep breath. The sun was low in the sky, it's dim light stretching over the city. Mingyu walked over to their old garage, clicking his keys. Their car was old and only used twice a month for his moms far away business meetings. The headlights blinked as the doors unlocked, Mingyu sliding into the dusty seat. He messily dusted the steering wheel with his hand, a total ineffective way to clean it. As he wiped his hand on his pants, Mingyu started up the car. It coughed for a good three seconds before the engine rumbled loudly, the car coming alive. He adjusted everything he needed; mirrors, headlights, seatbelt and head rest before backing onto the bumpy streets.

Mingyu pulled to the curb right in front of Wonwoos house, taking out his phone. Before he even swiped it open, he heard the front door open and looked to his right. Wonwoo was walking down the three steps, looking fine as ever. He was wearing a jean jacket over a loose white tee, tight, black jeans with matching running shoes. Mingyu had trouble breathing as he approached the passengers door. He leaned over, head poking through the open window.

"Heard your call pull up. She's an oldie isn't she?"

His eyes fascinatingly wandered over the navy blue canvas of the car, it's skin shimmering under the dim lamp light. Mingyus eyes were glued to Wonwoos body, his jeans fitting his skinny legs perfectly, the denim complimenting his hair very well. As he slid into the passengers seat, Mingyu had to tear his eyes away from the boy, his body overheating in his seat. As he began to drive again, he rolled down all the windows, wind flowing through their hairs.

It was a fairly short drive, Mingyu pulling into the already noisy houses' driveway. He parked, stepping out into the cold night air. They both walked up to the front door, Wonwoos hand lightly brushing Mingyus. Mingyu ignored it, pressing the white circle button to hear a loud ringing noise overhead. The door opened and the pair saw their whole school. Well, like that. There were so many people, Hoshi had to hold the door in order to let them in. As they stepped through, the air smelled of alcohol and body odor. Hoshi had to yell into Mingyus ear in order to speak to him. His breath reeked of alcohol and Mingyu almost gagged at the smell

"HEY GLAD YOU COULD MAKE IT. SEONGCHEOL IS IN THE KITCHEN WITH THE OTHER DUDES."

He patted Mingyus back roughly, his face so red from the drinks he had. Mingyu nodded to him, turning around to look for Wonwoo. He was squished between a group of people, Mingyu laughing a little before pulling his arms. Their bodies crashed together, Wonwoos nose touching Mingyus. His cheeks went red, Mingyu lacing their hands together. He turned back around, shoving people out of his way to get through the crowded hall.

After pushing almost every single person out of their way, Mingyu and Wonwoo made it to the kitchen safely where it was a little less crowded. He spotted Seongcheol immediately, his face also red with a beer in one hand and his other arm linked over Jeonghans shoulder. The two were laughing with a few other people, Seongcheol taking a large swing of the brown liquid. Mingyu cursed to himself mentally, hating to see Seongcheol so drunk. He squeezed Wonwoos hand before walking over to the drunk Seongcheol. As he looked up, Seongcheol greeted Mingyu with a hug, full of dead weight.

"Hey buddy, how are you?"

Mingyu pushed him off his body, muscle and fat slumping onto the countertop.

"Question is, how are you? You look like Seongcheol."

The tall boy just smiled at Mingyu, eyes drooping. Jeonghan patted his chest and spoke to Mingyu.

"We've only been here thirty minutes and he's already like this."

Mingyu sighed, pulling Wonwoo closer to him. The boy was startled, too busy observing the crowded place around them. People were partying hard, drinks spilling and mouths kissing. Wonwoo gulped, turning to Mingyu. His strong hold made him feel somewhat safer, leaning his body into his tall build.

"Do you drink?"

Mingyu yelled over the loud music, Jeonghan leaning forward to hear better. He shook his head, long hair brushing over his shoulders.

"No I don't. It's not my thing. But this guy on the other hand."

He gestured towards Seongcheol, who was falling asleep as they spoke. Mingyu laughed at him, patting Jeonghan before turning to Wonwoo. The boy looked so good, Mingyu couldn't control himself. He bit his lip, leaning into his ear.

"Want something to drink?"

Wonwoo turned to him, their faces inches apart. He nodded, grabbing Mingyus shoulder.

"But no alcohol, please."

Mingyu flashed him a smile before diving back into the crowd to search for some non-alcoholic beverages. Wonwoo sat back, the counter pushing into his back. He spotted two chairs next to him and sat down, looking around the living room. The room actually had no lights on except for a few disco lights and other strobe lights. The music was very loud, the seat under Wonwoo vibrating from the noise. There were many people dancing around and screaming to talk to others, making the whole house even more noisy. Wonwoo sighed a little as he sat alone, his stomach gurgling underneath him.

He then saw Mingyu return from the crowd, three cups in his hands. Wonwoo eagerly grabbed two before they could fall, Mingyu plopping into the seat next to him. He leaned closer to Wonwoo, lips brushing against his ear.

"I saw some snacks and grabbed some for you."

Wonwoo nodded, pleased. The third cup was overflowing with cheese squares and pretzels, him grabbing a handful and popping them into his mouth. As they sat and drank, Mingyu leaned back into Wonwoos ear.

"You look really good tonight."

Wonwoo felt his ears go red, glancing up at Mingyu. He was smirking, cheeks slightly pink.

"You sure there's no alcohol in there?"

Wonwoo peeked into Mingyus cup, the boy throwing his head back laughing. Wonwoo smiled up at him, the nervous knots in his body slowly untieing.

"You don't look too shabby yourself."

Wonwoo purposely brushed his upper lip onto Mingyus ear lobe, seeing the boy shiver. He smirked a little, glancing down at his cup.

"Wanna go somewhere more quiet?"

Mingyu his dry lips, Wonwoo leaning into his ear.

"If you can find one."

Mingyu laughed, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down. Wonwoo smiled, standing and following Mingyu. He lead him through another door to exit the kitchen, marching up the long stairs. The noise fell an octave as they got to the second floor, Wonwoo finally able to breath a little. Mingyu walked down the hallway into a spare bedroom. He remembered the times during middle school when Hoshi, Seongcheol and Mingyu would turn the room into a fort of pillows and blankets, using rubber basket balls to throw at each other. Mingyu smiled as he opened the door, letting Wonwoo in first and switching on the lights.

The room was small, a bed in the middle with two side tables, both equipped with small lamps that gave off an orange-y glow. Wonwoo set down his cups, plopping onto the fluffy bed. He rolled onto his stomach, shirt and jacket wrapped awkwardly around his body, exposing his plump . Mingyu gulped quietly, setting down his drink. Mingyu sat down on the edge of the bed, taking in the clean air.

"It's finally quiet."

Wonwoo sat up, fixing his hair. His leg was brushing against Mingyus, hands running through his jet black locks. Mingyu watched Wonwoo, fingers carefully styling his hair, his hands gentle with every twist and turn. The image made Mingyus hands itch. The boy looked so goddamn attractive, somewhere inside of him felt hurt. As he finished fixing his hair, Mingyu pulled Wonwoo into his lap, surprising the boy.

"M-mingyu-"

"There's no one here it's alright."

Mingyus voice was a small whisper, lips inching closer to Wonwoos face. Their lips connected, a warm comfort forming between them. Wonwoo settled into Mingyus lap, muscles relaxing as his lips took over. Mingyu caressed his hips, rubbing his clothed back slowly. Wonwoos hands found their way into Mingyus hair, thick locks smooth against his bony fingers. Mingyu slightly bit onto Wonwoos bottom lip, tongue tracing over the plumpness. Wonwoo felt his twitch in his pants, wanting to pull away as he felt a moan rise in his throat. But he couldn't pull back, Mingyus strong arms holding his body firmly in his lap. As Mingyu continued tracing Wonwoos lips, a small moan escaped Wonwoos throat, quickly pulling his head away from embarassment. He was breathing hard, looking at the carpet to avoidMingyus gaze.

"Don't be embarrassed. That was kinda cute."

Wonwoo peered up at Mingyu. His lips were pink, cheeks flushed and his hair messily sitting on his head. His face formed a smile as Wonwoo fully looked at him. Mingyu just stared at him, blown away by his absolute perfection. Wonwoos eyebrows knitted together, head cocking to the side. Mingyu felt his heart clench, the small action deeply impacting his body.

"Why are you staring at me..."

Wonwoo felt so self conscious as he slid off Mingyus lap. Mingyu laced his hand into his as he held Wonwoos chin up.

"Because, you're so beautiful and..."

His voice trailed off, hand rubbing the back of his neck.

"And because I love you."

Wonwoo felt his heart stop in his chest, breath hitching in his throat. He turned sideways to look at Mingyu, his cheeks fully red now. The boy was now parrying his gaze, staring at their linked fingers. From the angle, Wonwoo could see his ripened cheeks, lips still swollen at the bottom. No words came to Wonwoos mind except:

I love you too.

And although he felt those very words, scratching at the end of his tongue, the shy boy just couldn't bring himself to let them out, fall off of his tongue into Mingyus heart. They were such strong words that he was afraid to use them. And, did he really love Mingyu? It as a terrible question to think about, especially at that moment with Mingyu sitting right in front of him, expecting a response.

He squeezed the tall boys hand, lifting his head up. Mingyus gaze bore into Wonwoos eyes, searching for something. Wonwoo held his tongue between his teeth, inching his mouth closer to the boy. He kissed him lightly, his head feeling airy and light. Mingyu answered with a twist of his head, the sounds of their kissing filling the room. They felt alone together, the blasts of music quietly filling the background. They kissed, the bed vibrating underneath them and screams generating from all around yet the boys felt isolated, in their own world. In that room, no one could break the strong bond. No one would even know of the two boys. It was their little secret.