Substitute Ten

My Taeyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Hyung! You scared us.' Jaehyun accuses him. 

'You are finally back. Hansol and I were starting to worry about where you were.' Taeyong seems tired but calm at the same time. He briefly looks at Doyoung and Ten, but he quickly turns his attention back to Jaehyun. 

'I was helping Doyoung Hyung with some dance steps. I will let you know when I'll be late again.' Taeyong did nothing more. He dropped the conversation. He is known for doing it so often. 

'Get inside and take a shower. Hansol left you some dinner.' He calmly instructed Jaehyun. Jaehyun is the maknae of the three of them. Hansol was the oldest, born in 94; Taeyong was born in 95, while Jaehyun was only a 97 liner. The older two like to take care of their little Jae.

'Really? Yummy.' He cheered and clapped. 'Thanks, Hyung.' He lightly hugs Taeyong and enters their dorm. 

Awkward silence stepped upon them. Ten could barely breathe when Taeyong was talking. His sweet but still deep and melodic voice was so lovely. 

Doyoung quickly noticed that Ten won't be able to say anything now. He decided he had to bid Taeyong goodbye. He side glanced at Ten. The three of them still awkwardly stood there. 

'Goodnight.' Doyoung said while bowing. Ten mimicked his action. Taeyong bent back, but he didn't say anything. He then turned around and left the corridor. 

Doyoung and Ten, both still paralyzed, continued their way back. 

'He is so handsome-'

'Why did he only hug Taeyo-' both started simultaneously. They realized that they both spoke their thoughts for others to hear.  

'Let's just forget about this...' Doyoung suggested, and Ten gladly agreed. 

                                                                                 ♦♦♦

Saturday was his favorite day of the week for a few simple reasons. One: he had an advanced hip-hop lesson for 4 hours in the morning. Well, that was also the only reason. He could secretly take glances at Taeyong for 4 hours.

There were only ten trainees in this class. Johnny was one of them besides Taeyong and himself. But since Hansol was also here, Taeyong had his best friend beside him. Doyoung had extra vocal lessons with Taeil, Jaehyun, and some other trainees. Jaehyun was good at dancing and singing, but compared to Doyoung, he was a pro when it came to dancing. Doyoung knew he had to improve if he ever wanted to debut. 

Johnny and Ten were stretching and warming up together like always. When dancing, everyone got more serious, especially when their harsh instructor joined them. Today they still had to complete a strict choreography. Taeyong was the center; Hansol was his right man, and Yuta covered his left side. Johnny was tall, so he was automatically put at the back of the position. Ten was always in the middle. He was used to it now. 

The first trio is supposed to do some snake action where they hold each other's hands to form an artistic bridge. Then Minsung and Manjoon, twins that are good at gymnastics, are supposed to jump over their strongly connected arms and do some flips. But seconds before they fall back down the trio, they should lift their arms so they wouldn't lower and could do a fierce finish pose. Ten and Johnny and the rest are supposed to stand behind with a given finish pose. That was the plan.

They tried to do this a couple of times. The first time was already good, but Jonghyuk, their instructor, demanded perfection, and he will get one. The second time was a bit better, and the third time was almost perfect, but everything broke down.

Hansol couldn't hold it in anymore. He badly injured his ankle a few weeks back. It got a lot better, but the spin he must do to form a snake was a problem. Hansol tripped and almost fell. Jonghyuk was concerned. He was strict and always demanded more, but he had a heart. Everyone quickly gathered around him. Ten helped him get up. Johnny brought a chair so Hansol could sit on it. 

'Hansol? Are you okay?' Jonghyuk was concerned. Everyone was.

'Here, some water.' Minsung quickly came after he picked it up and gave it to him.

'I'll get you some ice.' Ten offered, but Jonghyuk stopped him. 

'Look, Hansol, I think, and I discussed this matter with other instructors as well... You should rest and take care of your ankle. You didn't even debut yet and still have decades of dancing ahead. If you prevent your ankle from healing properly now, it will affect your future. I don't want you to end up like me here.' He sighed.

'My back injury was so bad that I had to forget about my dreams and perform with my dance team.' Everyone was listening curiously. This was their first ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter