Chapter 1

The Princes & The Divas

(Chan’s POV)

 

I’ve never really been popular, nor have I ever been really noticed. So when the first day of school came I never thought that Choi Hansol or Kwon Soonyoung would ever notice a freshman such as myself. But ever since I showed my dancing ability to Soonyoung hyung I have been favored and even asked by him officially to join The Princes’, which in any case, is a huge deal! I’ve noticed that I have been bumpt up to sophomore level class’ even though I’m only a freshman and I’m also not the smartest person in my year. I have a feeling it’s because I’ve been thrown into the Princes. Ever since that first period class with Soonyoung everyone has treated me with so much respect. It’s weird to say the least. The next class period after that first period of dance, I was called down to the office and was switched to sophomore level classes. So when I got to my next class there was a seat for me right next to Choi Hansol and Kim Mingyu. I was literally pulled to sit next to Hansol and was told that he would love to be close friends with me. He talked to me the entire class period and we didn’t even pay attention to the teacher… We didn’t even get yelled at! It was awesome, to be honest. Mingyu seemed a bit less excited to have a new member to the Princes, I think. He barely talked, but when I was about to ask Hansol I noticed Mingyu staring at some kid on his phone by the name of Beanie. But either way, it was a nice first day and I made great friends. So hopefully everything stays the same today.

    I just got dropped off by my mom at the front gate. This school’s honestly so cool, this is my dream school. I love knowing that when I walk in I will be loved not hated. It’s also heartwarming when you walk by guys on your way to your friends and have everyone say hello in the nicest possible way. It’s also just great to know you have friends in such a big school, especially one’s that are older and in charge of the school basically. As I walked up to the Princes’ I noticed Mingyu staring off at the end of the courtyard where a bunch of very beautiful guys were sitting. Ahh, that’s right. Those boys are known as the Divas’. They are equally as respected as the Princes’ are in this school. But from what I remember hearing is that they’re not the most pure kids as they want everyone to believe. I heard from Hansol that they’re a bunch of and that we should stay away from them. But then why is Mingyu staring at them with dreamy eyes? Oh well not my problem.

    “Hey Chan!” Soonyoung smiled at me as he swiftly got around Seungcheol and Seokmin and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “So guys. As I have already told Seungcheol, I have added this lovely Freshman, Lee Chan, to our friend group. I hope you will all open up to him with wide arms.” He smiled at his friends as he tightened his grip on me.

    “Hi, nice to meet you guys. I hope I’m not intruding.” I whispered to my elders. The leader, Seungcheol smiled at me and put a hand on my shoulder as Soonyoung took his arm away.

    “Don’t be shy Chan. You’re definitely not intruding, we love adding people to our friend group as long as they fit in, which I’m certain you will. Don’t worry, we don’t bite. Anyways, would you like to be called anything else besides Chan? You can call me Seungcheol hyung if you would like.” Hyung said to me really fast. I just smiled at him nodding.

    “I would like to be called Dino, if that’s okay hyung.” I said timidly.Seungcheol just smiled and nodded as he walked back over to Seokmin. Seokmin hyung smiled widely at me basically blindly me as he shook my hand.

    “Hey Dino, I’m DK hyung I hope you will feel more comfortable with us by tomorrow!” He said brightly. Mingyu smiled at me slightly as he continued to stare at his phone then off to where the Divas’ sat. But from what I’ve experienced for the past two days, I know I’ll feel right at home. Hopefully.

 

        (No one’s POV)

 

    Minghao walked slowly into the courtyard following Seungkwan, His mentor. He was just transferred over to this school since his parents moved to Seoul just a day ago. Seungkwan was his mentor since they were neighbors. Seungkwan couldn’t wait until his friends meet their new addition to their Diva group. Minghao knew only slight korean which might be a problem, but from Seungkwan reassuring him constantly that there are many chinese boys’ here, Minghao tried to calm his nerves.

    As they walked past a group of boys, Minghao looked at them as they smirked at Seungkwan and his new friend didn’t even look at them. He noticed that one tall guy stared at him for awhile until Minghao turned back around to face his friend. He noticed the boy must be chinese since he overheard one of those guys call him by the name of Junhui. The two boys’ finally made it to where all the Divas’ were sitting by a big oak tree that had three benches all facing each other in a circle.

“So guys’ listen up now.” Seungkwan said as he put one hand on his hip. Everyone turned their head towards the two boys, they all stared at Minghao. “This is my new neighbor, he just moved here from China and he doesn’t speak korean all that good. He’s honestly so adorable and quiet, I think he will fit in. Don’t you Jeonghan hyung?” He asked the eldest. Jeonghan smiled like an angel as he stood up from his bench that he shared with Joshua and placed a gentle hand on Minghao’s shoulder.

    “I’m just a positive as you are about adding this cutie to out group.” He said as he pinched Minghao’s cheek. Joshua stood up and walked over to Minghao smiling. He spoke in chinese to their new friend.

“Hello my names Joshua Hong. If you need anything ask me, okay? What’s your name?” He asked the younger, Minghao just smiled widely as he was able to understand Joshua.

“I’m Xu Minghao, I am thinking of joining the Judo, Taekwondo, and Wushu teams because I was part of them in my old school.” He said fast in chinese causing Joshua to have to think before he spoke in korean again to the others.

“His names Xu Minghao, he wants to join the martial arts teams in this school. What do you think Jeonghan?” Joshua asked his slightly old friend. Jeonghan just shrugged.

“Nothing wrong with joining the martial arts teams, just watch out the captain’s a hottie.” He jokingly poked Minghao’s arm. “He’s also chinese and he’s part of the Prince's’.” Jeonghan said to Minghao. Minghao stared at him.

“Who are the Princes? I don’t understand.” He said slightly quieter than before.

“They’re like us but they’re manlier, I guess you could say that. They’re popular because of their looks and abilities. They are definitely hot. Especially the captain of the martial arts teams, Wen Junhui. But then again, Choi Hansol is also very good looking…” Joshua said as he smiled at the younger.

“Oh. So we are popular?” Minghao asked.

“Yep, we are. We’re popular for the same reasons basically, but we just add onto it because everyone in this school would love to tap any of us.” Seungkwan added as he sat down next to Jeonghan who had just recently sat down again. “By the way, when the bell rings, don’t leave this spot. We always show up late in groups.” Seungkwan added as he looked at Minghao for a signal to tell him he understood. Minghao smiled as he sat down next to Joshua. Across from them sat Jihoon and Wonwoo who had been sitting there for awhile watching their friends meet their newly introduced friend. Wonwoo smiled at him kindly while Jihoon gave him a look over.

“Hey I’m Wonwoo, I’m your hyung so call me Wonwoo hyung, and he’s Jihoon, you also have to call him hyung.”Wonwoo said to Minghao as he went back to texting on his phone. Jihoon just waved as he read over his lyrics again. Jeonghan looked over at the other end of the courtyard and smirked as he looked over at Wonwoo.

“Guess who’s been staring over here for a while.” He said directly to Wonwoo, who ignored him. Jihoon just scuffed.

“We all know nothing’s going to happen because Wonwoo wants a real relationship and Mingyu won’t be able to give him that because of the rest of his friends hating us.” Jihoon looked slightly pissed as he continued to stare at his lyrics. Jeonghan sighed, knowing that was the truth. Jihoon then looked directly into Minghao’s eyes. “Remember one thing Minghao. Wen Junhui will give you for be a Diva and being part of a martial arts team. They do that, it’s honestly the most stupid I have ever heard. They told me one day when I walked into Chore I shouldn’t be there because my mouth would be too sore from giving s to strangers on street to sing. I threw a chair at Hansol, he was the one who said it. He’s not even in the class he was there because Lee Seokmin his in that damn class and he didn’t seem to know how to stop it.” Jihoon was fuming now. The bell finally rung and they all stayed seated until the courtyard was basically empty. Then they all got up and got ready to leave.

“Minghao, what class do you have?” Joshua asked the sophomore as he began to walk with him towards the door closest the Princes’.

“I don’t know. I have a free so I was going to go check out the martial arts teams.” He said in chinese right as they were about to pass Junhui and Hansol.

“You’re going to look at the martial arts teams?” Junhui said in fluent chinese. Minghao stopped and looked at Junhui and smiled.

“Yep, I just moved here from China and I used to be one of main competitors for our competitions when I did martial arts there.” Minghao said proudly, Joshua just eyed the two Princes’. Junhui smiled kindly at the new chinese boy, surprising Joshua.

“That’s good to know. I’m the captain of all the martial arts teams here. I would like to see how well you actually are. Actually I have a free as well during this period. Would you mind coming with me to the practice room?” Junhui asked kindly as he raised his hand for Minghao to take. When Minghao heard the elders name, he frozen mentally. Wen Junhui, he was part of the Princes’, the group he was just told that wasn’t that nice, but yet here is one that is treating him with such kindness, almost like he’s a princess. Joshua scuffed as he looked Junhui, making the chinese man give him a look.

“I’ve never seen anything more corny as that, Junhui. Honestly, that’s the first time I have ever seen you be nice to someone outside your friend group.” Joshua said as he gave both Princes’ a once over. Hansol just shook his head as he chose to stay quiet and let his hyung take on Joshua. “Anyways, I know you won’t do anything to Minghao. Hopefully. So I will be on my way to Science. Bye Minghao, be safe, don’t let this boy use you.” Joshua said as he patted Minghao’s back and walked away. Hansol just sighed and smiled at Minghao before walking the same direction to his own class. Junhui still had his hand raised for Minghao to take.

“Don’t worry I won’t do anything. I just really need to judge your ability before letting you join the teams.” Junhui said calmly. After that being said, Minghao smiled shyly and grasped his hand lightly. Junhui smiled kindly at the younger boy as he pulled him towards the practice room. As they settled in the room, Minghao changed into his gym clothes and out of his uniform. Junhui was slightly smiling at the younger as he got a glimpse of his milky white stomach as he switched shirts. When Minghao was ready he grabbed a Wushu stick and got into position. Junhui was amazed to say the least when Minghao started his routine. When the younger finished, Junhui was smiling widely at the younger.

“That was great Minghao! Do you want to show me anything else like Taekwondo or Judo? I’m definitely letting you join Wushu.” Junhui praised the younger. Minghao slightly blushed as he got ready to start his routines for Judo and Taekwondo, by the time he finished both Junhui was clapping and Minghao was slightly out of breath. “Wow. I’m speechless. You’re amazing.” Junhui said as he patted the younger on the back handing him water. “Welcome to the team. If you don’t mind, you can call me Jun ge. But I wanna call you Min.” Jun said smiling from ear to ear as he stared at Minghao who was sitting on the ground gulping down water.

“Yay! Okay Jun ge, you can call me whatever you want.” Minghao said smiling widely as well. He was happy he made a new friend that was because of Seungkwan. Especially since his new friend is a senior and also chinese so he could help him better than Seungkwan, so he can understand what’s happening.

“So do you wanna hangout with me during lunch?” Jun asked as they both sat against a wall in the room, both dressed in their uniforms again. Minghao looked unsure.

“Um. I don’t know. I think Seungkwan and Joshua hyung want me to eat with them and my new friends.” Minghao said as he pulled out his phone to text Seungkwan asking if it was okay to eat with a new friend he made. Jun smiled.

“By new friends you mean the Divas’. Well if makes you feel better, I won’t make you eat with my friends. They can be a bit much, so I eat in here. If you change your mind text me or meet me in here. I’ll be here, promise.” Jun smiled warmingly at the Sophomore as he took Minghao’s phone and placed his number in his contacts. Minghao smiled at his gege. He wasn’t feeling homesick or like he was lost, for once since he’s moved here he understands and feels relaxed being in Junhui’s company.

“I don’t understand why they don’t want me being friends with you.” Minghao said quietly to himself, but Junhui heard him. He just smiled softly as he looked down.

“Maybe it’s because they don’t trust my friends to not turn around and call them out on being very ly. I guess.” Junhui said just as the bell rang. Minghao wanted to ask why everyone thinks that, but before he could Junhui got up. “I’ll be here during lunch, if you ever need me come here or text me. Okay?” Minghao nodded before Junhui smiled kindly once more before slipping out leaving Minghao by himself.

 

 

A/N: Comments help me update faster so I know what to add to the story to make it more appealing to you guys, so pls comment. Thanks for reading so far <3