Unexpected

Bangtan's Finest

Unexpected


Jeongguk stares at the stars moving with them as they travel through the evening on the highway, alone and free. 

Free.

That puts a smile to his face. Because here, with his friends, he feels free, without anything binding him. There are no rules to follow, no punishments for overruling anything. Just happiness, joy and cheer. And the seven of them enjoying them. He wishes it would last forever.

He looks at Jimin and Taehyung, asleep on each other and comfortably tucked under one blanket (which Jeongguk is sure won't fit them). He wants to join them, but decides against it. He'd rather sleep by himself than disturb them.

The van comes to a jolting stop, making him roll over to a side and making Taehyung and Jimin wake. "What's happening?" Taehyung rubs his eyes, still sleepy. 

Jeongguk notices Yoongi looking over at the three with wide eyes, trying to tell something. He leans in closer, but is pulled back by someone.

"Look at all these fancy guys," A guy laughs. Jeongguk eyes him from head to toe, and he spells nothing but 'trouble' to him. "I'm sure you got some money in there, yeah?"

"Don't you dare," Yoongi steps out from the car, walking up to him. "I suggest you better run away from this place."

"Look at this short weakling" Now, everyone behind the guy snicker at the comment, everyone except the seven. Taehyung and Jimin huddle against each other at a corner.

He thinks they were just some jumpscare idiots who would run off after a few minutes, but no, they were now flashing metal pipes at them. "Take out whatever you have" The guy demands.

"I said for you all to off" Yoongi growls, keeping a tight hand over his pocket.

"What will you do if we don't, huh?" He pushes Yoongi at his shoulder, attempting to threaten him with the long pipe in his hand.. Jeongguk wants to jump out and help Yoongi, but finds himself frozen in place. "What will you do, you shortie?"

"This!" Yoongi snatches his own pipe and hits the guy right at his head, getting himself free. "Now off"

"Get him!"

Now, instead of one, four guys are around him, and Jeongguk cannot hold in anymore. He jumps out, ignoring Seokjin's yells and snatches another guy's pipe before flailing it all around him, in a weak attempt to fight anyone off.

"Jeongguk! Go back!" Yoongi shouts from under someone's arm, trying to knock it away.

Taehyung, finding no other better idea, jumps in to join Yoongi and Jeongguk. Following him, Jimin steps out and then Namjoon, leaving Seokjin and Hoseok inside the car.

"Get back inside, Yoongi!" Seokjin cries out, banging on the steering wheel in anger. "Don't fight them, they're nothing but trouble!"

Punches fly here and there, and Seokjin really wants to jump in and pull all of them away. More than trouble, he doesn't want to see anyone get hurt. Soon, what was supposed to be petty fight turned into a much bloodier one. He watches as Jeongguk is thrown against the shutters, the blood coating his mouth making Seokjin gag more than Jeongguk himself, as Taehyung tries to get a hold of that god-damned metal pipe. He watches as Jimin crouches to a blow to his abdomen. He watches everyone helplessly, an even more scared Hoseok tugging his shoulders down.

It is when Taehyung falls down from an unexpected blow that Seokjin decides it's time to end this and dials for the police.

"Taehyung!" Jimin goes to pull him out of the mess, before anyone could hurt him more, but receives a hit right on his back, making him cry out in pain. He tries to focus, gasping for air which suddenly seemed really heavy to breathe in. It took every last bit of his willpower to not cry out more in pain, but when another hit launches on his chest, he coughs out. Blood. The sight makes him want to faint.

Jeongguk jumps on the guy's back, wighing him down and stopping him from hurting anyone else. Everything was hurting, but he was more focused on stopping the guy from hurting anyone else. "Get off of me!" The guy tries to push him away, but he keeps his grip tight around his neck, securing himself. He sees the guy stumble around and almost fall down, but keeps him from attacking anyone else. The guy yells out in frustration, trying to pry Jeongguk off, but falls behind.

Jeongguk thought he could keep the guy down, but as he falls down, he feels something tacky and hard almost pierce through his head that makes-- forces-- him to loosen his grip. It coalesces into a series of kicks and hits here and there, the most rememberable one being the hit right to his abdomen. He curls into himself in pain, wanting everything to stop.

All of a sudden, the sound of a few cars close in with every second and he could hear some scratching of the metal pipes and of footsteps. ", run!" He hears someone say, and the guy scurry away hurriedly, leaving them on the ground, grunting and graning from pain.

"Jeongguk, are you fine? Jeon Jeongguk, answer me!" He could hear Seokjin call out, but everything blurs before him. He hears a couple of grunts and groans here and there, everyone more or less (probably less) in the same position as him. He is sure something is trickling down his neck, and has a vague idea that it could be blood. "Oh my god!"

Too loud, he wants to say, but feels his mouth go dry. A piercing pain shoots up his spine, all the way to the top of his head, and he wants to scream out. He isn't sure if his tears are blurring his sight anymore, or if it is his senses shutting down.

"Jeongguk, please stay awake. Please, we'll get to the hospital soon!" Seokjin pulls him on to his lap. "Don't fall asleep, please!"

"H-Hyung..." He manages to croak out, amused at the raspiness of his voice. Everything feels light and easier, but is fading away as time passes.

"I-- We're right here, Jeongguk! We're all here with you, please, try to stay awake," He couldn't comprehend whose voice it was, but all it did was lull him into the tiredness further. "When are the police coming here?!" He yells into empty space, watching everyone gather around him. His pants were getting stained by blood but that's the least he could bother about right now. Namjoon finds enough strength to stumble over to him, kneeling before Jeongguk and taking his hand in his own.

"Last night was really fun, right?"

Hoseok looks at Namjoon in horror, wondering why the hell he would talk about it now of all times. "What are y--" Taehyung shushes him down, telling him to just play along.

"Y-Yeah... really fun..." Jeongguk mutters, eyes drooping close. He wants to sleep, and he doesn't like what he is lying on. It's too sticky and he just wants to get up, but he couldn't.

"Taehyung and Jimin were running around, right?" The voice was becoming more and more lighter, less audible to him. He nods lightly, wanting to at least move himself to a comfortable position, but couldn't even feel his body. Eyes widening as much as possible, he tries hard to feel anything, just anything to make sure he still has his senses with him, but a hand on his chest stops him.

"Don't move too much," The voice says. He is sure he could hear someone's muffled sob to his right, but still doesn't know who it is. Everything is getting far away, and he slowly forgets the reason why he feels like this in the first place.

"No, no no! Don't you dare!" Taehyung screams into his ears, hoping it would do something, but fails eventually as Jeongguk's eyes close, pulling him into darkness.

A comfortable silence. Jeongguk always liked silence, but now he hates it.


Jimin barely registers someone rolling him into another room along with Taehyung and Namjoon. He does remember when he was put to sleep, though. He remembers how his eyelids dropped close despite his protests. But he doesn't know why he didn't want to sleep.

"Jimin? Are you fine now? Can you hear me?" He turns to his right, a blurry outline of someone right before his face. He nods, but squints hard to make out who it is.

"Tired," He says, and a small pain shoots up his back.

"That's explainable. The medicines make you feel weary or something." He smiles weakly. He can see a bit more clearly, but still couldn't know who it was. "Can you sit upright?"

He tries. He does try, but the pain that had been small intensifies, and he lets out a rasp cry. Biting his lip down, he forced himself upright and leans on the frame behind, dwelling in the comfort the soft pillow was giving him.

Then it comes to him: Jeongguk.

He jolts forward, but the pain only makes him fall to his right. "Careful!" He could hear another voice he vaguely guesses to be Hoseok's, with the slight waver and that high pitch.

"J-Jeong--"

"He's fine. Yeah, he's fine, Jimin" Seokjin says, looking at the floor.

No, something tells him, and he realizes lately that it is his own voice. He repeats the same. "He isn't fine. Where is he?"

"He's in another room; but he's fine, really! He even asked about you"

"Lies" He spits out. "You bite your lip when you're lying"

Seokjin immediately pulls his lip out , trying to keep them straight. Stupid habit. "I'm not lying, really. You can ask Hoseok if you want to"

Hoseok readily nods, and now Jimin's not sure if they are lying or not. "If you say so,"

"You should probably go back to sleep," Seokjin says. "The doctor did say you need lots of rest"

Jimin looks back and forth at the two accusingly, wondering if someone would slip up if he kept that look, but his mind was starting to go hazy and everything was becoming blurry again. He shakes his head to keep himself awake as he is pushed back inside the sheets, the pain slowly subduing with every passing minute. And Seokjin's soft pats on his arm weren't helping either, and so he goes back to sleep.

It is only after seeing Jimin's evened out breath that Hoseok visibly shudders and looks at Seokjin, eyes filling up with tears once again. And Seokjin, too, lets a tear slip from his eye.

Why, is all he wants to ask.

Why did this happen?


A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR :D

so i know y'all will hate me for this... sorry... /runs away/ and this isn't something i should really write on New Year but still, it's something. I hope this story and all my stories get more love in the future~ and your stories, if you write too!

As always, comments, subscriptions and upvotes are loved and encourages me to write more :DDD Talk with me guys! I won't bite :P