Rescue

Bangtan's Finest

Rescue


Jimin feels a burning sensation in the pit of his stomach, feels like wanting to puke out.

Yoongi still isn't home.

"What is it hyung?" Jeongguk asks from his place in the bed, sipping on his glass of water.

"Nothing," He says and scoots beside Jeongguk. "You feeling better?"

"I feel much more than better, Mom," Jeongguk laughs. "Seriously, you're acting like a naggy mother"

"Be glad I'm here when everyone's at work" He smiles, but it isn't quite genuine. He still feels like , he's still thinking of Yoongi and why he isn't home yet.

"Where's Yoongi-hyung?" Jeongguk asks. "I haven't seen him around, like, at all"

"I don't know,"

"Is that why you're worried?"

"Maybe?" He laughs weakly. "I just feel weird..."

The clocks ticks way too loudly, Jimin notices as his eyes fix on the needle moving forward for every second. He had finished lunch with Jeongguk and the boy had dozed away as usual. The doctor did say he would need a lot of rest for his body to recuperate properly, and Jimin didn't want to interfere with that. He walks out of the room, deciding to lounge on the couch until anyone comes back from work. He doesn't realize he's walking out of the house instead.

It's only after a few steps from the apartment does he even wonder if he had locked the door, but still walks forward. He pulls his phone out, a finger hovering over Yoongi's contact, contemplating whether he was just freaking out too much or if there was something really, really wrong.

He presses the green icon. 

Ring, ring, ring.

He's impatient by now.

Ring, ring.

He taps his foot impatiently as he starts walking again, this time at a faster pace. The feeling from earlier intensifies, becomes somewhat of a monster eating him, and he shudders at the feel. Was he going insane?


"Teacher Kim!"

Namjoon snaps out from his train of thoughts to the little boy standing before him, note in hand. "I can't understand this"

He smiles before explaining the sentence to the boy, to which the other had hummed at all the right places.

"... Are you sad, Teacher Kim?" He asks suddenly, and Namjoon purses his lips in thought.

Was he sad? If so, what was he actually sad about? Obviously not Jeongguk, because he was with them now, in safe hands, and everything was fine. What else was he sad about?

Seokjin.

"My mom always says talking helps to remove the sadness in our life," The boy-- Junghoon-- pouts a little. "She said it makes us happier"

Namjoon hums in acknowledgement. "Do you think so?"

"Of course! And I feel happier once I've said it, too" Junghoon nods assuringly. "Mommy said our heart should be filled with only happiness"

"You have a good Mother, Junghoonie," Namjoon ruffles the boy's hair and guides him back to his seat.

Talking out.

He had tried so many things to forget, to move on, and nothing had worked. So why not try this one too? Besides, this won't cost money. He did want to find a way to make his heart feel less heavy and less burdened,but he doubted this would do anything.

That afternoon, after his classes had ended and he was free to go, he flips his phone out and dials Seokjin's number.

"Yeah, hyung?" Taehyung answers the phone.

"Where's Seokjin?" He asks, tapping on the back oh his phone.

"He's working on the counter; I don't think he'll be available to talk right now"

He sighs. The one time he decides something good, time doesn't let him do it. "Okay. Tell him I called, though?"

"Is it important? I mean, if it is, I can just hand the call to him"

"No, no, no that important. Be careful at work, okay? I'm going home now"

He hangs up and grabs his bag, deciding to rest for a while before packing up for home, but a call interrupts the peace in the Teacher's lounge.

"Home?" He squints at the caller ID, wondering why Jimin would call from this number instead of his own mobile

Everyone had their own mobiles, but they still insisted that having a mobile at home is better, just in case of a emergency. No one really used it, not when they had their own mobile phones so it had been sitting idly at home.

Something inside him told him it wasn't good.

"Hello?" He answers carefully, waiting for the voice to speak from the other line.

"N-Namjoon hyung?" Jeongguk's voice wavers from the other side.

"Kookie? What is it?"

"J-Jimin hyung-- I'm scared, can you c-come home?"

He almost trips over his own legs as he walks out fastly, wanting to get there as soon as possible. "I'm on my way, keep talking to me. What happened?"

"I-I don't know; We had lunch and I went to sleep, but I woke up and he was-- he was gone"

"Gone?" Namjoon asks. "What do you mean?"

"I-I tried to call him, but he won't answer the calls. A-And Yoongi hyung-- He's gone too," Jeongguk hiccups, probably crying by now. "I'm-I'm scared, hyung."

"I'll be there, Kookie. Just a few minutes," He says, holding his bag tightly and dashing out of the gates. "Don't be afraid"


To say that Jimin was shocked is an understatement.

His phone had fell somewhere on his way, cracking to pieces and not really of use anymore. He chucks it inside his pocket and walks forward carefully, wondering why he had turned into this alleyway. It was getting dark, the sun was beginning to set, and the air was strangely... strange. There was no other explaination.

His feels his heart almost jump out when he sees a street dog dashing avorss his path, barking loudly in pursuit of another dog. ", that scared me" He laughs nervously and keeps walking on his way.

He almost, almost crosses that dead-end, if not for the mop of white he noticed from the corner of his eye. It was an unnerving misplacement on the dark gravel, attracting his attention to it.

"I-Is anyone there?" He asks, looking at the white mop-- a t-shirt, he recognizes-- on the ground, a body to fit inside it. His heart was hammering against his chest. "Hello?"

He notices splotches of blood on the collar of the shirt, and shudders visibly, crouching down. There's a twisting feeling in his gut. "Are you--"

A ragged cough, a raspy sigh, and Jimin never had his heart break this much. "Yoongi?"

Panicking, he hastily pulls the figure to face upright, and his breath is stuck in his throat. "No," He mutters, voice barely above a whisper. "Yoongi, no, no!"

Just when he had thought they were over with everything, it comes to bite back at them.

He registers a mobile ringing, and finds on a few feet away from them. He crawls about to get to it and answers it with shaky hands, shuddering every minute or so.

"Yoongi! Where are you? You didn't even say where you're--"

"Yoongi," He doesn't recognize who is speaking acorss the line. "Yoongi, he's--"

"Jimin? Jimin is that you? You're with hyung? Where are you? Jimin, answer me, where are you now!"

The loud yell snaps him out, and he lets out a rracking cough. "I-I don't know" He looks around. "Yoongi-- he's--"

"Yoongi is what? Are you okay?"

"No," He shivers. It was strangely getting cold. "I-I-I mean, I'm f-fine. Yoongi-- hurt"

"Hurt? He's hurt?" There's a long pause in the other line, and a round of collective murmurs. He figures everyone are back at home. "Jimin, please tell me, where are you now?"

"I-I don't know! It's dark and cold and Y-Yoongi's hurt and he isn't waking up!"

"Jimin," This, he registers as Taehyung's voice. "Look around. Do you see anything?

"No," Jimin answers. "I don't know, I don't know, I--"

"Jimin, calm down; listen to me, calm down"

He drops the phone instead, his clammy hands fumbling for it. It was getting more dark, and he felt his bearlt constricted and labored, struggled even.

"Y-Yoongi hyung," He finds his tongue back and puts a hand on the elder, shaking him awake to no avail. "Hyung, you-you need to get up, we need to go home"

He gasps for breath, wondering how in the world Yoongi ended up in such a position, but nothing comes to his mind.

"Yoongi?"

He snaps up to the voice, hoping it's one of their friends, but no, it's none of them. He takes stance before Yoongi in an attempt to protect him. He sees a silhouette make its way towards them, and Jimin stands up, hands propped before him to attack whoever that is.

"Who-Who's there?"


a/n: i.... dont know what i just did.... :/ you'll know who this is soon enough :)

feedbacks are appreciated and loved!!! they give me strength pls give me give me some love~

and, i'm getting busy with college and peronal life things, so im so sorry but updates will be slower than usual :( i'm trying, but it's just hard... i will finish this story, though! for sure!