The Plan We Changed

How Come You Don't Know?

The conversation that they had last night made it easier for Jong Kook to seek help from the rapper. During the flight home to Korea, he purposely requested to swap seat with Gary. So instead of her Monday Boyfriend sitting on her left, Ji Hyo was confused when Jong Kook was the one who sat next to her. Assuming that she was looking for an explanation, Jong Kook leaned closer and whispered, "I just want to be with you.. and our little one." 

 

His words made her smile shyly as she nudged him on the shoulder. Naturally, Jong Kook interlocked their fingers together as he stared softly at the woman he loves most. But the two were very careful and not being too obvious in front of the other Running Man family, although they didn't mind to show some affections in front of Gary or Kwang Soo. While leaning their heads against each other, Jong Kook hummed his song titled "One Man" for his beloved person. The song was a lullaby to her ears, and Ji Hyo's eyes were getting heavier. "Just lean on me if you want to sleep," Jong Kook said as he pulled her head onto his shoulder.

 

So she did. For almost an hour, Jong Kook froze himself at his seat. He didn't want to disturb Ji Hyo's beauty sleep with a slight movement, although his body felt a bit stiff at that moment. He tried to close his eyes for a short nap, but he couldn't stop his mind from thinking out loud. Whenever Ji Hyo is next to him, he found happiness. Especially now that she carried their baby, Jong Kook believed that his life is finally complete. The only thing that was missing was the blessing from his own family, which he prayed will be theirs soon.

 

The announcement made by the pilot has awaken Ji Hyo from her deep sleep. She blinked her eyes for a couple of times, then realized that Jong Kook was looking at her with a smile. "Oppa.. were you awake throughout the flight?" Ji Hyo felt guilty for taking advantage on her man. Jong Kook nodded as he ran his fingers through her hair, "I can't sleep while looking after my yeoja. How do you feel now? Much better?".

 

"Keep it down. Jae Suk and Suk Jin are behind us," Ji Hyo was worried if the others would discover their secret relationship.

Jong Kook giggled, "Mian. I thought there were only two of us on this plane. Ah ni.. make it three."

She hit him lightly on his arm, "Are you always this cheeky?"

"Only when I'm with you," he smiled sheepishly.

 

Finally, the plane made a safe landing on the land of Korea. As expected, fans were crowding the airport area to welcome the Running Man casts home. There were banners and posters everywhere, but due to safety reason all members were escorted straight to the company's vehicle. When the fans saw the Commander walking next to the Ace, some were getting excited while screaming "SpartAce Jjang!" as they waved hands at their favourite couple. The cheering became louder when Jong Kook casually wrapped his arm around Ji Hyo, which caused flashes of lights from the camera to flood on their faces.

 

"You guys go ahead. I have to go somewhere else," Jong Kook said once they reached the vehicle.

Ji Hyo was curious when her man refused to join them in the same van, "Are you meeting someone, oppa?"

The Commander nodded, "Gwaenchana. My friend is here to pick me up. See you guys soon."

 

The actress was a bit sad that her man wasn't coming with them to the SBS office where she parked her car. She wanted to ask him where he went to, but a text message from Jong Kook came a few seconds later:

'I will call you tonight yeobo. Drive home safely.'

 

Once the vehicle was out of his sight, Jong Kook grabbed a taxi and went to his next destination - Tae Jun's apartment. Inside the car, he quickly dialed his cousin's number and waited for him to pick up the phone. "Yoboseyo? Tae Jun aah. I'm on your way to your place now. Maybe I'll reach there in an hour. You're home, right?"

 

"Sure. But I don't have food for you since you didn't inform me much earlier. Is that okay?" Tae Jun replied.

"I had my meal during the flight. I just want to discuss with you about the thing that I told you before."

"Arasso.. arasso. I'll wait for you. By the way.. you're coming alone?"

"Ne. Only me. The rest went back to the SBS office."

 

Upon arrival at Tae Jun's apartment, Jong Kook rushed himself to meet up with his cousin. The man unlocked his door after the third knock, "Come in. I guess you can't wait to know what's going on, isn't it?". The two guys sat at the dining area, facing each other. Tae Jun poured juice for Jong Kook, "So what do you want to know first?"

 

The Commander took a sip from his glass before he speaks, "I need to know why Ji Hyo still need to go Taiwan with you when we have agreed otherwise. I remember you said that once we're divorced.. she has no obligation to the company or my father. What happened now?"

"I know I've said that.. but there's a change in plan. I was surprised myself that your father doesn't want to let go of your wife once I showed him the divorce paper, therefore we need to restrategize everything."

"So what do we do now? Honestly I am not happy to let Ji Hyo go to Taiwan all by herself."

"Gwaenchana! She's not on her own. I'll be going there as well and will look after her on your behalf."

"Yaa! Are you taking advantage on our situation?!" Jong Kook strongly opposing the idea.

Tae Jun shook his head to deny, "If I want to take advantage on your woman.. I would have done it much earlier and certainly will not help you with your problem when I know it will jeopardize my position. But here I am.. trying to find the best solution for you two. Don't I deserve at least a bit of gratitude?"

"Mian. You know I'm very protective of my love ones.. especially now that I'm about to.. become a father," Jong Kook sighed and lowered his head.

But the confession from the Commander was a big surprise to Tae Jun, "What did you say? Your wife.. she's pregnant?! Since when?!"

"Maybe a month. I'm not so sure. We couldn't go to the doctor without disclosing our marriage. Right now we haven't thought on how to handle this."

"Omo.. I don't know whether I should congratulate you or warn you, my brother. Having a baby is good.. but given the situation right now, I'd say it's going to make it more complicated."

"I agree.. but I am the father of that child, Tae Jun. No matter what.. having our own baby is a blessing to both of us. More than before.. I must be able to take care of my family, to make sure that nothing can harm them.. even I have to lose everything including my right as the Kim's heir. Do you understand?"

"Of course I do, Jong Kook. But you also have to understand that sometimes things are not going as planned and we must be ready to accept the consequences of our action. So back to our discussion earlier.. now that I know your wife is pregnant, I have a better idea. Do you want to hear it?"