The Separation We Discussed

How Come You Don't Know?

"But you can't enter.." before the secretary was able to stop him, Jong Kook was already barging into the President's office without getting permission. His sudden presence has disturbed the discussion between Mr. Kim and one of the directors, which made the old man slightly upset with his son's behaviour in front of his employees. After he instructed the rest to leave the room, Mr. Kim exploded at Jong Kook who was standing firmly across him, "Haven't I told you to respect my position in this company?! Where are your manners?!"

 

Instead of answering to his father, Jong Kook just blurted out his disappointment, "Appa.. why must you send my wife away for two years? Why didn't you discuss with me first?!". "Wae? As a President I don't have the right to decide on my worker's movement?" Mr. Kim smirked at his son, knowing that he has successfully provoked the young man into confronting him like an adult. That was his way of showing who's in charge of the Kim's family, and what will happen to those who disobey him. With nothing to lose, the old man has no interest in listening to his child's demand - hence he will do anything just to 'break' him down and weaken his will.

 

"Ji Hyo is more than just a worker, appa. She's your daughter-in-law.. the wife to your son! Why can't you.. treat her like family?"

"Listen well, young man! First.. I never agree with your marriage to that woman, as I still want you to be married to the Moon's daughter. Second.. you're the one who begged me to take her into this company. That means I get to decide where I want to place her. Third.. I didn't forced your 'precious wife' to accept the placement. She made that choice herself! Arachi?!" Mr. Kim began to raise his voice.

"You know better why she had to agree with the relocation. Ji Hyo never said anything to me yet.. but I know that you've threatened her into accepting that ridiculous offer. Tell me if I'm wrong about this!"

The President faked a laugh, "She's old enough to understand what is the best for her future. I don't need to threaten her like a little child. Besides.. it wasn't my idea to send her away to Taiwan."

"If it wasn't you.. then who?!"

"For your information.. your precious queen won't be transferred alone. Tae Jun will be accompanying her there at his own request. I believe they'll be staying together.. in one apartment. Didn't your cousin tell you that?"

"Liar!" Jong Kook screamed in anger.

With an evil laugh, Mr. Kim casually responded, "You're such a naive husband, my son. Can't you see what's going on around? Or.. were you too blind to notice that your wife is cheating on you? I believe by now Tae Jun has asked you to divorce her.. hasn't he?"

 

When he saw his cousin walked into his office, Tae Jun just smiled and greeted him as he always does. However, the HR Director was surprised when Jong Kook asked him to stand up before throwing a punch at his face. "Yaa! What is wrong with you?!" Tae Jun wiped a drop of blood that was dripping from his lips. Because of the powerful blow, his body was thrown to the floor - right next to his working table. But out of anger, Jong Kook grabbed his shirt and made Tae Jun stood on his feet again. "You're the one who tried to take Ji Hyo away from me.. aren't you?!" the Commander yelled at his cousin before releasing another strong punch on the man's face.

 

"Calm down, Jong Kook! I don't know what you've heard, but whatever that is.. I swear I have nothing to do with it!" Tae Jun tried to defend himself although he wasn't sure of his fault.

"Then why do you need to go to Taiwan with her? Answer me!"

Finally Tae Jun understood why Jong Kook was so furious at him, "Hey.. I just know about it too, okay? Suddenly your father wants me to represent him in Taiwan and he said that he couldn't trust your wife because she's still new in this."

"You expect me to believe that?! I know you like Ji Hyo so much and that's why you keep pushing me to divorce her!"

"I'm trying to help you, Jong Kook! You're more like a brother than a cousin to me.. which is why I took the risk by supporting your relationship.."

"You're asking us to break up and yet you said that you're helping us?! Do I look stupid?!"

Tae Jun heaved a sigh, "I know it's hard for you to believe, but I can't explain myself right now. If you want to know the answer.. meet me up at my place around 7pm. I'll tell everything that you need to know."

 

Though it was late, Jong Kook insisted to drop by at Ji Hyo's place after his discussion with Tae Jun. He couldn't wait for the next day, or his mind wouldn't let him sleep. What Tae Jun has shared with him must be conveyed to his wife immediately, so Jong Kook drove at his fastest speed just to arrive at her place before midnight. As usual, Ji Hyo welcomed him with a smile. The moment he saw her, Jong Kook threw himself at his woman - holding her tight and kept saying how much he missed her.

 

Just by that, Ji Hyo knew something wasn't right with her man. He hardly cuddled her without saying a word, unless Jong Kook felt guilty towards her for some reason. "Oppa.. gwaenchanayo? Do you want to have a talk?" she softly asked while patting gently on his back. He slowly released himself from her and stared deeply into her eyes, "Mianada.. my love."

 

"Why do you need to apologize?" Ji Hyo was getting nervous.

It took him a long time before he could say, "I have to tell you something.. but you must promise that you will trust me on this. Just.. hear me out until I finish explaining. Arachi?"

 

The SpartAce moved to the couch and prepared themselves for a serious conversation. While they were talking, Jong Kook held Ji Hyo's hand just to let her know that he still loves her. He doesn't want his wife to misunderstand the reason for his action. It was a painful decision to be made, so the Commander was very careful not to make it any worse by saying it the wrong way. Fortunately Ji Hyo was very calm as she listened to him, though her facial expression was showing the opposite.

 

"If you say that is for the best.. then I won't argue anymore. Let's just.. divorce," it was hard for Ji Hyo to utter those words, but after a long silence she finally did it. The Ace smiled weakly at her man who felt guilty for making such 'painful' request, but she knew that he did it for a good reason. They both have been suffering from the never-ending war against the Kims, and fighting for their relationship was becoming harder each day. 

 

Jong Kook was glad that Ji Hyo was able to accept the decision without much resistant. With her agreement, the Commander hoped that his father will no longer complicate their lives in the future. That was the least he could do to protect the one he loves. "Now that we've agreed to.. end our marriage, you don't have to go to Taiwan anymore. Just stay here.. and do what you want to do as an actress," Jong Kook whispered to Ji Hyo with a weak smile.

 

She stared deeply into his eyes. It was obvious that he wanted her to stay where he could still see her, but that was something that she couldn't do for him. "Mianhaeyo, oppa. Even I have agreed with the 'divorce' idea.. I still can't stay here in Korea because.. I'm pregnant."