The Night We United

How Come You Don't Know?

He saw her chasing after his car, but he just can't stay there any longer. She kept calling his name, yet he pretended not to hear it. In that situation, the best option was to avoid each other - or he might end up saying words to Ji Hyo that he would regret for the rest of his life.

 

Still, Jong Kook knew that he missed his wife so bad. He wished for the wound in his heart to heal by itself, however there's a voice inside of him that refused to forgive and forget about her 'betrayal'. He was confused. Right now, he needed someone who can advice him on the next step. But who can guide his heart when none of his friends aware of his marriage?

 

Then he got an idea. Jong Kook felt that the right person who can 'help' him with his plan was his Turbo mate i.e. Kim Jung Nam. So he invited him to drink, then spilled out his disappointment while pretended to be drunk. He knew Jung Nam will force him to talk to Ji Hyo once he told him about their relationship problem, therefore Jong Kook staged an act to make his friend believed that he has passed out. So instead of him calling his wife to come over, Jong Kook 'successfully' made Jung Nam did the job for him. Now, Ji Hyo was right in front of his very eyes.

 

His intention was only to see his wife without being too obvious that he missed her, but Jong Kook got more than that. While he was 'unconscious' on the couch, Ji Hyo told everything that he was supposed to know - but refused to listen. Now that he knows the truth, Jong Kook felt guilty to his wife. She was indeed innocent, yet he treated her as if she's the 'bad guy' that deserved to be punished. He regretted that he hurt her - not realizing that all she fights for is to keep their secret marriage from broken.

 

While Ji Hyo was sleeping, Jong Kook caressed and kissed her hair with love. He couldn't help but cried silently as he touched her, appreciating her patience in dealing with his ego as a man. Jong Kook felt like he didn't love his wife more than she does, which made him ashamed to be her husband and her guardian. Finally he understood what she meant when she said that he failed to protect her from getting hurt.

 

When Ji Hyo was moving, Jong Kook immediately pretended to sleep. Then he groaned, which caught the attention of his wife who was so worried about him. "Oppa.. oppa gwaenchana?" she asked while holding his hand. Jong Kook decided to continue with his act, "Aargh.. my head hurts!". Ji Hyo immediately massage his temple and kept asking if he was sick. Then he complained about the pain in his arm, so she massage that area as well.

 

"Oppa, I made a soup for you that can make you sober. Let me get it.." Ji Hyo got up and about to leave his side, but Jong Kook immediately grabbed her wrist and told her to stay still. "Don't go anywhere.. jaebal," he pleaded to her with his sad eyes, so she did as requested. Ji Hyo placed her palm on his forehead, "Thank God you don't have a fever. I was so worried about you."

 

He looked at her with a poker face, "Why are you here?".

"My husband is not feeling well. So it's my job to look after him."

"So you still love me?"

"What kind of a question is that?" she scowled at him.

"I just want to make sure that you're still mine," he answered.

"Of course I'm yours, oppa. In this life or the after."

 

He intertwined his fingers with hers, smiling at his wife as he said, "Gomabta my love.. and sorry for not believing in you." At first Ji Hyo was confused with her husband's words, then she remembered about the things that she told him while he was asleep. "Omo.. you heard them?". He nodded and kissed the back of her hand, "Will you forgive this man who was so blind and stupid for blaming his innocent wife?"

 

She smiled - feeling thankful that all the misunderstanding with her husband has been solved. Naturally she threw herself at him, and the SpartAce cuddled each other as if they haven't seen their partner for a very long time. "I miss you, yeobo. Let's not fight about silly things anymore.. arachi?" Jong Kook whispered to Ji Hyo's ears as he wrapped her close to his body. She just giggled, "I don't know if that's possible.. cause my husband is a very jealous man!"

 

He broke the cuddle and stared at her face in disappointment, "Yaa! I just want to protect what's mine.. arasso?".

"Am I a property to you?" she mocked him.

"That's not a bad idea. Maybe I should put a tag on my wife.. property of Kim Jong Kook. No man allowed."

"Yaa!" she yelled at her husband who was laughing hard. Then she remembered something, "By the way.. Jung Nam oppa said you can thank him later. What was it about?"

Jong Kook shrugged, "Nothing. Come.. let's go into the bedroom."

"Oppa! What are you doing?" she began to feel worried.

"It's already late at night. Don't you want to sleep?"

"Sleep? Here?"

Jong Kook nodded and grabbed her hand - dragging his wife to his bedroom.

But Ji Hyo refused, "Oppa! Are you crazy? What if people saw us sleeping on the same bed?"

As she was resisting, Jong Kook decided to carry his wife with his strong arms. "Tonight I want to sleep with my wife. No objection!"

"Don't you think we should discuss this first?"

He pretended to think then shook his head, "Nope. I still want my wife."

 

Jong Kook put Ji Hyo on his bed and went on to switch off the light. "Can we keep the light on?" she was getting nervous as her husband jumped on the bed next to her. He naughtily laughed, "I like to sleep in the dark." "Then I'm going to sleep outside," Ji Hyo wanted to get up from the bed, but Jong Kook immediately locked her in his arms. "Not a chance!" he said. "Ya Kim Jong Kook!" she screamed, then lost her words when his lips landed on her cheek and travelled down to her neck.

 

"Saranghae.. yeobo," his sweet voice melted her heart, and she slowly 'responding' to her man's desire. That was the first time the SpartAce were 'united' - both physically and emotionally as a married couple who dedicated their soul to one another. He finally got the chance to play his role as a husband, and she was able to literally 'serve' him as his wife. The romance went on until they both have to catch up some air, with only their fast beating hearts were heard as they cherished each other with love.

 

Her head rested on his bare chest, while his right arm was wrapped around her shoulders. They both were smiling in the dark, with only happy thoughts filling their mind. "So this is what it's like," he mumbled. Ji Hyo stared into his eyes, "Mwo?". He planted a kiss on her forehead, "The feeling of a husband. I'm so glad that we're married, yeobo. Otherwise.. I wouldn't know the true meaning of love and happiness if you're not mine. So thank you.. for being my other half."

 

She tilted her face to kiss his lips, "You're welcome, my han namja."