The Actions We Taken

How Come You Don't Know?

There was no one else in the gym where Jong Kook went to spend some quality time with his cousin Tae Jun. Because of their busy working schedule, both have been postponing their 'cousin-outing' day for weeks. So when Jong Kook has a free time and Tae Jun was on leave, the two men decided to do some workouts together. "I'm glad we finally got the chance to build our muscles," Tae Jun spoke as he lifted the dumbbells above his head. Jong Kook agreed, "We should do this again, brother. At least we can have man-to-man talk.. in a healthier way."

 

Once they decided to take a break, the two went to the lockers room and drank some water. They had been training their muscles for almost two hours, and now the men were sweating all over the body. Yet it was satisfying for Jong Kook and Tae Jun, since they both are into workouts and healthy lifestyle. "Thank God we can have the gym all to ourselves!" the Commander said while checking his hair in front of the mirror. As they were the only persons there, Tae Jun felt that it was safe to ask his cousin a personal question, "So how did she responded when you told her about.. you know.. the divorce thing?".

 

"You mean Ji Hyo? Well.. I thought she would yell at me because of that, but I guess she's different from any other woman. She just listened attentively, and even said that she understood why we had to do what we must. Isn't my wife special?" Jong Kook smiled proudly as he talked about his spouse.

Tae Jun giggled, "I'm sure she is. That's why she's well known as the Ace, right? Anyway, you guys will be seeing each other again tomorrow for Running Man, aren't you?"

"Ne. Now that you've mentioned it.. I suddenly felt nervous to face Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo on set. Honestly I don't know if I can hold myself from showing my affection towards her.. and to explain to Kwang Soo what we have agreed upon."

"But it's important to let him know about your divorce, Jong Kook. We can't risk anything if you really want to protect your wife. Your father.. well I don't need to explain further, do I?" Tae Jun's voice was very firm as he gave the reminder.

 

Jong Kook nodded. He understood well what his cousin was talking about, so he couldn't agree more. Though he hated the idea of divorcing his wife, however ensuring that his woman and the baby that she carried are safe from his father's vengeance is more important to him. Hence, he has allowed Ji Hyo to focus on her 'relationship' with Bo Lin - while he 'took care' of his problem with Geun Young. "Anyway.. I've asked a good friend of mine to prepare the necessary documentation for your divorce. Make sure that you both sign it before Ji Hyo went to Taiwan.. cause I need to give it to your father as an evidence," Tae Jun informed the next step of his plan.

 

"Arasso.. arasso! Just pass to me the paper once you have it. I'll get Ji Hyo to sign," Jong Kook heaved a sigh.

"One more thing. Your wedding day.. it's still on, right?" Tae Jun lowered his voice as he prompted the question.

"Of course it is! Just go with whatever we have planned. But please.. keep the 'wedding thing' as a secret especially from Ji Hyo. She shouldn't know about it!"

"Gwaenchana! I'm not that close to your wife for me to talk about all that. Anyway.. what she's doing with Bo Lin right now? Aren't you curious?"

 

When she suddenly asked him out for a dinner without the camera, Bo Lin had a mix of feelings. Part of him was happy that he got to 'date' his on-screen girlfriend beyond the show, yet he also felt nervous as the actress had never done it before. All these while Ji Hyo always gave excuses everytime he wanted to meet her after the shoot, but on that day she was the one who made the effort. Still, they have agreed to keep the dinner date a secret from the crews in order to avoid any speculation about their relationship off the show.

 

"You look beautiful tonight.. as always," Bo Lin smiled as he locked his eyes on the Korean actress.

Ji Hyo immediately avoided his stare and just focus on her food, "Xie xie. Actually this is the only dress I have that's appropriate for dinner."

"So what's the occasion? Don't tell me that you miss me so bad already," Bo Lin giggled as he teased his companion for being shy around him.

"Well.. not so much. But I need a favour from you," Ji Hyo put down her chopstick and lifted her head to look at the Taiwanese actor.

"A favour? What kind? Don't tell me that you want us to date for real!" again Bo Lin wasn't being serious about the conversation. But when Ji Hyo didn't say a word and just locked her eyes on him, Bo Lin became nervous, "Wait a second. Are.. are you.."

"I just want to let you know that from now on.. I am ready to open up myself to you. For the show," Ji Hyo said and then continue to shove food into .

"For the show? That's all?" Bo Lin wasn't satisfied with her simple explanation.

"It's quite complicated for me to explain everything.. but all you need to know is that I want to send a 'message' to someone that I have moved on with my life. That's it."

"Move on? Sorry for asking this.. but do you mean you have broke up with your man? The one that you've told me before?"

"Can you help me to make it look convincing that I'm truly happy with you as my boyfriend? I know it's just a show.. but since it's not scripted, people will assume that it's real and that is exactly what I want."

"That's how I want it too.." Bo Lin murmured as he lowered his head.

"Sorry.. did you say something?" Ji Hyo couldn't hear the words clearly.

"Nothing. I just said that I'll do it. If it makes you happy.. I'm more than willing to help. With one condition.."

"Alright. What is it?"

"From now on.. we'll address each other as Bobo and Momo even when the show is over. That means.. wherever we are, whenever we met.. we will use the nickname openly, including our text messages. Agree?"

As she thought it wasn't a difficult request, Ji Hyo decided to accept the condition without much hesitation, "Geurae.. as long as you can help me out. Let's make a toast.. to Bobo and Momo!"

 

"To Orange Juice Couple.. cheers!" Bo Lin raised his glass as well and drank his wine in one shot. Though he doesn't understand the real reason for her to make such request, Bo Lin decided not to think too much of it. He was more than happy that she was ready to have a serious relationship on-screen, and the fact that she mentioned something about 'moving on' made the actor believed that the actress is now single and available. Secretly, he thanked God for the unexpected opportunity to show his true feeling towards Ji Hyo and vowed not to waste the chance to make her fall in love with him for real. 'I will make you see me as your man, Momo.. the one who will grow old with you in years to come,' a smile appeared on his face as his inner voice whispered his hope for their future together.