The Alliance We Formed

How Come You Don't Know?

He opened his eyes and stared at his partner who was still sleeping peacefully in his arm. Her face was beaming with pure happiness - so does he. Jong Kook cuddled his wife closer and pecked her forehead, which awaken Ji Hyo from her dreamland. "Good morning my beautiful wife," Jong Kook greeted her as they exchanged stare and smiled. She stretched herself then wrapped her hand on his waist, "Can I continue to sleep? I just want to feel you a bit longer."

 

Jong Kook chuckled, "We can do this every night if you want."

"Do you want me to get pregnant so early?" she mumbled with her eyes close.

"Why not? That would be the happiest day of my life. You.. me.. and our little sunshine," he began to imagine the future.

She opened her eyes and looked deeply at her husband, "Do you know what that means?"

He shrugged, "What?"

"That means no more Mongji or Ace in Running Man.. and if we still keep our marriage as a secret by then, people will think that I had a one night stand with some random guy."

Jong Kook sighed, "I wish we can tell the whole world that we're married."

"We will do that, oppa.. once your father has approved us."

 

He nodded. The only thing that was stopping them from achieving a total happiness in their relationship was his father's blessing, which is one of the toughest 'job' in the entire quest to protect their marriage. Jong Kook knew that as long as Mr. Kim still wants him to leave Ji Hyo and marry the woman that was chosen as his bride, they both will suffer from his father's evil plan. He doesn't mind to face the consequences, but what broke his heart was the fact that all the burdens were carried by his wife - not him.

 

"Yeobo.." he called out to her.

"Hmm?"

"Are you sure you want to work with my father? Cause I don't think he will go easy on you."

She rubbed her hand against his arm, "Gwaenchana. As long as you're with me.. I will have the strength to survive all these."

"Gomawo.. for doing everything that I couldn't," he kissed the tip of her nose.

"Please don't say that oppa. You've done enough for us. Now it's my time to play my part," she smiled at him to assure that things will be fine.

"You know what? I think we need some supporters," Jong Kook had an idea.

"Supporters? For what?" she was clueless.

"To be our allies. We can't fight this battle alone, yeobo. We will need help from our trusted friends to defend us in case we're going through a similar experience. I don't want us to have misunderstanding anymore.. and I'm afraid to lose you if I ever do anything stupid in the future. What do you think?"

"But who can we trust? And how will they take it when they find out that we're married?"

"Actually.. I kind of telling Jung Nam about us.. except the married part. I only said that we're in a relationship."

"I see. So that was the reason he's here?"

Jong Kook nodded.

 

Ji Hyo gave a thought about her husband's proposal. She doesn't know many people that are close enough for her to entrust them with their big secret, hence she could only considered one man. "Then shall we tell Jae Suk oppa? He always been on our side." But Jong Kook has a concern, "Ah ni. Jae Suk talks a lot. He can't even keep a small secret. Definitely not a good candidate." So he proposed another member, "What about Gary or Kwang Soo? They both seem reliable."

 

This time, Ji Hyo gave her opinion, "Kwang Soo.. maybe, but not Gary. He doesn't know how to lie.. what more to pretend that he doesn't know anything." Therefore the SpartAce concluded to add the youngest Running Man member as their ally, which is the safest choice. "Kwang Soo loves to frame people.. so no one will believe him even if he accidentally spill out our secret," Jong Kook's statement made Ji Hyo burst into laughter as she had to agree with him.

 

Hence, Jong Kook called the tall guy and invite him over for lunch. At first Kwang Soo was suspicious with the Commander's intent, but in the end he agreed. Around 1pm, the young man arrived at Jong Kook's place and brought some drinks with him, but he was shocked to find Ji Hyo in the kitchen. "Omo! Noona.. you're here too? I thought hyung wanted to have a man-to-man conversation with me," Kwang Soo was confused. Ji Hyo just giggled, "Yaa Lee Kwang Soo! Since when do you consider me as a woman?"

 

"Jeongmal.. this is very strange!" Kwang Soo felt something 'odd' between the SpartAce, but his hyung and noona just laughed at him. The tall guy observed how the two behaved around each other. While Ji Hyo preparing the food, Jong Kook setup the dining table. They seemed to have fun working as a team, which Kwang Soo thought very 'fishy'. He kept giving the same remark, "What is going on in here? Why do I feel like a 'third wheel'? Jinjja.. you guys have been acting weird!"

 

Jong Kook laughed, "I will tell you a good news after we eat. Come! Let's take a seat." At the table, the conversation began with a general topic about their career and Running Man missions, until Kwang Soo asked about the good news that was mentioned earlier. "But first.. I need you to promise. Whatever that you hear from us today, is not meant for you to tell anyone. Especially our Running Man family," Jong Kook spoke in a serious tone.

 

Kwang Soo laughed out of nervous,"Wae? Omo.. I'm so scared right now!".

"Jaebal. We really need you to keep this as a secret," Ji Hyo added.

 

Kwang Soo nodded and made the promise as requested. Right after that, Jong Kook bravely held Ji Hyo's hand in front of him. The SpartAce exchanged stare, and that's how the tall guy realized what the secret is all about. His mouth agape as he tried to process the information, "Jeongmal?! Hyung.. noona! Am I thinking about the same thing here?". The couple nodded. They were smiling brightly. "We're in a relationship Kwang Soo," Jong Kook proudly announced.

 

"Daebak! Since when? How come no one notice?" Kwang Soo was getting excited with the news.

"We are good in acting, aren't we?" Ji Hyo giggled.

However, Kwang Soo had a small concern, "But noona.. what about your relationship with Chen Bo Lin? Aren't you seeing him as well?"

"Aish.. that's just a rumour! You shouldn't trust an informal channel especially from the netizen. I've learnt my lesson," he immediately denied on behalf of his wife.

"Hyung is right, Kwang Soo. My connection to Bo Lin is strictly professional. Besides.. he already knows that I have a man," she added.

"And Bo Lin is okay with that?" Kwang Soo was a bit surprised.

Jong Kook chipped in, "Well if he's not.. I will have to 'make' him understand that!"

"Yaa! Don't get yourself involved in a fight.. arasso?" she playfully warned her husband.

"Now I really want to ask you guys this question. Since when have you two been secretly dating?" Kwang Soo was thrilled to find out how the relationship begins.

Jong Kook kissed his wife's hand, "Since I slept with her last night."

"Yaa!" Ji Hyo face was blushing, and hit his arm to protest.

Kwang Soo almost spit out water from his mouth, "Omo.. hyung!"

"I was just joking! Well.. not entirely but.. yaa!" Jong Kook screamed in pain when Ji Hyo pinched his arm.

"Do you really need to share the 'details'?" she whispered to her husband, and the men laughed as they enjoying the moment of happiness.