8th Month: The floor is lava!

9 Months

Yu Jin was now big enough to change his cot into a tiny bed.

That was why he was at the center mall in the bedroom floor to choose his new bed. His parents were arguing around on which bed would look the best in the room. They wanted a light brown bed to be a match with the light brown wardrobe and the pale blue wallpaper covering all the walls.

“I can’t find any bed that I like” conclude Mai after they walked all around the floor.

Her cute pout made Taemin want to hug her, but here in the mall it would only make good picture for the tabloids. Even if he was there incognito with his fake glasses and a hat, he knew he was always followed by journalists. So every move that could make a good scoop would be dangerous.

“Maybe we could check another mall? They might have other models?” Taemin answered.

“I don’t know this is the third one we visit already… Aish! I DON’T KNOW! I’m tired! Let’s asked Yu Jin! After all it’s his bed.” She said suddenly. “Yu Jin, choose one…..Yu Jin? YU JIN?!”

She looked all around her, the tiny hand that she was holding all along wasn’t in her hand anymore…but since when? When did that tiny hand disappeared? Where was her little boy?

“YU JIN!” Mais screamed into the mall.

“Omma!” she heard straight away. “Yu Jinnie like this one! Grrrr” said baby Taemin.

She ran to the voice to found the little devil jumping on a dinosaur bed.

“Grrrr, grrr”

“Yes my flower, this is a dinosaur. Mom sees it too.” She chuckled.

Taemin soon reached them and found it so cute how now Yu Jin was doing sentence with words only him and his parents could understand.

“Well, our son seems to chosen one.” He concluded “Should we buy the bed table assorted?”

*~*~*

The delivery date had finally arrived and all the packages were home.

“Bed grrr ~ bed grrrr~ !!” sang Yu Jin around them soon joined by his father.

Seriously, like father like son thought Mai. What will she do about them?

“Well Appa! You know what is coming next, right?”

Taemin looked at her clueless, in a weird paused position.

“You need to build up the bed grrr…” Mai said very slowly.

Taemin pointed a finger at him as to confirm that he was the one designed for this. Mai nodded three times with a big smile on her face.

“I built the cot, you build the bed. That is fair no?”

Taemin opened the bed package first and almost broke some pieces because of his magic hands. He tried to sort them by size and color, like you would do for a puzzle. He took the instructions for use and analyzed it. After 10 minutes he was still lost.

“What the hell are these pictures? How do I build this thing?” he said to his son ignoring him and playing with his tools. “No! Yu Jin, don’t play with that! It’s not clean and dangerous!”

Yu Jin screamed and Taemin screamed too. The bedroom was becoming a full war place. Toys were flying from one corner to the other. Taemin had built a barricade with the bed piece to protect him from his son rage.

Mai, alerted by the noise came into the room and suddenly screamed out “STOP BOTH OF YOU!”

She grabbed her son, scold him saying how it would have been dangerous and how it was really not nice to throw things at his father. He start crying so as punition she bought him into the bathroom and closed the door. It wasn’t locked but it was as if with how hard baby cries. That was really a bad behavior. She walked back to meet her husband getting up.

“YA!” she screamed making Taemin jump. “What the hell is happening? I just let the both of you 10 minutes and this how you act? LEE TEAMIN when will you grow?!!”

“I… I”

“I NOTHING! Build that freaking bed! NOW” Mai was out of her mind. The baby crying from one side and the useless husband from the other, in what house was she living in?

*~*~*

After several hours and several mistakes Taemin had finally totally build the bed and the bedside table.

“FINISHED!!” he yelled of joy. My loves come and see!”

Yu Jin who was out of his punishment since 3 hours now and Mai ran to see the work accomplished. But… Mai laughed out loud. Her husband was really one of a kind: half of the dinosaur head was screwed with half of the tail.

“What a unique dino!” she laughed loudly.

However Yu Jin screamed of joy and jumped on his new bed! “Yu Jin loves it!! Yu Jin loves it!”

Well, if baby loved it, let’s keep it that way thought Mai. She shrugged to Taemin that smiled at her brightly. That kind of smile he does when he is so proud of what he did.

*~*~*

Yu Jin waited for his parents to be busy. Taemin was at his office, practicing and writing songs and Mai was in the living room working on her next graphic designer project. In a word, both parents were in their own world, giving Yu Jin time for new crazy game idea.

He placed his door table and some big plastic boxes around his bed to make a full path where he could jump. Once satisfied with the spaces and the way they were placed he climbed on his new and closed his eyes.

“Fom now, the floow is laba” he said with his baby language.

He opened his eyes and smiled. His imagination was activated. His floor was red and yellow and moving. Bubbles were on the surface and exploding in million pieces. That was really funny! He took a run-up and jumped on his first step, the bed side table.

A sound made Mai stopped type on her laptop for a second but since it was really short she went back to her work.

The floor was still boiling and moving. Yu Jin giggled and jumped on the second step, a blue hard plastic box that originally contained his cars.

This time it was Taemin that shushed for a second intrigued by the weird sound. But as silence was back he resumed his thoughts.

Yu Jin jumped on his third step. This time it was a hard plastic box that contained his drawing stuffs before.

Both Mai and Taemin stopped and listened carefully but once again it was still silent. But this time they didn’t go back to their work. They waited a bit longer to check on their suspicion.

Yu Jin jumped on his last island before his bed and almost fell. He managed to get back his balanced by squatting on his big wood chest. He laughed. That was so fun! He was so happy to have a bed without barriers.

But the wood made much more noise than the plastic boxes which alarmed both parents that left their works to go to Yu Jin’s room.

“Yu Jin, what are you doing?” Mom and dad asked at the same time a bit scared by the whole picture.

Yu Jin looked at them and jumped on his bed laughing loudly until he hurt his head on his wall. Mai eyes became huge and she rushed to her son.

“Yu Jin! Baby, are you alright?”

“Yu Jin!” screamed Taemin at the same time.

The baby sat on his bed and laughed, meaning that he was alright and not hurt.

“Ya! Jin ah! What are you doing?” scold his mom.

“The floow is laba.” He answered as if it was obvious.

“La… lava?” Mai repeat looking at Taemin.

Taemin saw the weird expression on his wife face and laughed.

“You don’t know what that mean? It means you can’t touch the flor anymore or you lose.” He said giggling.

Mai pouted because both of his men were making fun of her.

As a punition, she made them tidy the whole bedroom that looked like a war field. But she secretly watched them from behind the whole because they were just too cute together.