6th Month : First Word

9 Months

"How come Yu Jin doesn’t talk yet? I remember that my baby Taemin was speaking since he was 7 months! Are you sure it’s your baby, son?"

Taemin’s mother was always comparing Yu Jin with his father and couldn’t stop bragging that Taemin was better at this at the same age. She was even suggesting that Yu Jin couldn’t be her son’s son.

"Gyeong Sun, I can swear that Yu Jin is really Taemin’s son. I have no doubt about it, Yu Jin is so like his father!" Mai tried to make a funny face to lighten the mood.

"This is what you say" answered the mom before focusing her attention really quickly back to her son.

They talked about how Taesun had a new job and that he was so happy at his new place closer to the office. They talked about other news from his family while Mai was clearly not invited in the conversation. It was frustrating much, as if she asked to be pregnant that soon! It was frustrating!

"Excuse me!" Mai stopped them. "Just that you know, if Yu Jin is on my knees right now, it’s your son’s fault! I don’t regret this ball of happiness of course! But don’t blame me for it! On this, mother, father, we have something to do right now. We need to leave, right honey?" Mai deliberately become sugary sweet touching Taemin’s arm to annoy the mother in law.

"Wh… What?"

"Ah right! We need to go! Oh my god I didn’t take attention to the clock! You are the best honey." Taemin answered back the same way, placing a kiss on her cheek.

He knew how his mother was unfair with her, and how she hated those family lunches. He was sure his mother would accept her with time though. They were so alike, with such strong characters. They would make good friends one day, he was sure!

They packed everything and head to the pool. They had booked a whole hour there for them alone. They didn’t want to be disturbed by all the screams and photo taken. They didn’t want Yu Jin and Mai to be in this chaos.

*~*~*

"I’m sorry that we can never be like other family." Taemin apologized while driving.

"It’s okay, I knew where I was going when I married you. All that counts is that you are with me and Yu Jin. You are my happiness."

Taemin smiled widely satisfied with her answer.

Some minutes later he parked the car and Mai took their son out of the car.

They entered the swimming pool building and registered. They asked the employees to not take pictures at all, question of intimacy. The two parents knew that there would be pictures anyway. You can’t control all unfortunately.

"Your baby looks so much like you!" Said the casher at the welcome desk. "Can I touch him?" She asked at the mother.

Mai accepted but regret it just as fast as she said yes. Suddenly all the center’s women were around her talking to baby and touching him as if he was a doll. She felt anger filling her body and was about to explode. She even counted down in her head until she finally had enough!

"YA!"

"Excuse me girls, can you leave us go change?" Taemin cut her before the storm blew.

All the employees turn to Taemin and bowed to him accepting his request some even apologized. Mai was impressed. Her husband was magical; she was in full admiration in front of his power, well for once. Taemin laughed when he saw how his wife was staring at him with shining eyes. He winked to her, making her smile like one of his fan and guided her down stairs to the changing room.

"I love you." Mai let out. "I remember why I fell for you."

This remark made him burst of laugh. Mai could be so cute and so unpredictable. What surprised them both was that Yu Jin had been really calm in this chaos. He normally hate that strangers touch him all over and squeal at him. They both stopped in the middle of the stairs and check him.

"He is sick?" Suggested Mai.

"No, it doesn’t seem so. Maybe he got used?" Taemin supposed.

"He can’t get use to this, he will become arrogant later!" Mai said worried. "You, listen Yu Jin, you can’t get use of this, you can never! This is not good for your mental!"

"Ya! Are you saying I’m arrogant? I’m used to this too."

"Your situation is different Taemin. I don’t want the little monster to play the lucky child because his father is a singer and then bully other!"

"He won’t do that! He is our son! I trust him!"

Taemin continue to walk down letting Mai thinking about this.

"True, you are mama’s boy! You will never be a naughty person. Mama will never let this happen."

A silence installed, she walked 2 steps and sawTaemin a bit furhter downstairs.

"Appa." Said a so soft voice almost inaudible.

Mai looked behind her, no one. She looked in front, only Taemin. She was imagining stuffs, maybe it was her own voice. She does that a lot, talking quietly in her head about stuffs around. But Taemin wasn’t calm at all, he was even shocked.

"Why do you look so shocked? It’s only us."

"Appa."

Taemin let out a big OH MY GOD and point a finger at Yu Jin who was doing the same to him. He fast walked to them and grabbed Yu Jin in his arms. Mai was there stoic realizing what just happened.

"Again Yu Jin! Who am I? Who am I?"

"Appa."

Taemin was so happy! He smiled so wide to this little boy he helped to create, he was so proud of how he was growing so well. He was the happiest dad on earth! That little boy was the most amazing, the most precious thing he ever made. And now he was even able to say “Appa”! What a wonderful day! Taemin hugged this so fragile yet cutest mini human tightly. Mai reached them and joined the hug. Until… well until something crashed everything.

Yu Jin pointed at a locker saying “Appa”, then to the changing room “Appa”. He was laughing each time, so happy to learn a new word. But Taemin face became expressionless. Mai behind puffed at this situation. Yu Jin had a word yes… but it was a word for everything!