1st Month: Baby's Birth

9 Months

Finally, it’s D-Day. It’s the day she’s waited for month but it is also the most scary she ever lived. During the last 9 month she saw her belly becoming bigger and bigger and wondered how she would do to get that baby out. How can a fetus pass through its mom uterus collar?

“You should breathe slowly madam – advised a nurse”

 “You funny – thought the future mom – You’re not the one having a baby”

She didn’t have time to take one breath when a contraction hit her. The only thing she had to squish near to her was the nurse's hand. She grabbed it and clamped it. The nurse saw her hand getting blue under the pressure and tried to get it back. It was a wasted effort though. She only got her hand back when the contraction was finish.

*~*~*

It all started the day Taemin came to her flat after his long day thirsty for her. They knew each other for one year already, and they were going out since 6 months. That night Taemin found her so y, so hot that he didn’t resist her and had like a savage. He was ing in her so fast, so powerfully, making her scream until she couldn't anymore, that the broke under the pressure. He had been so strong that she could barely walk the next morning. However it was a godlike night. She wasn’t taking the birth pills because it was giving her bad side effects, so she took the habit to count her days. Scared of the broken she checked her fertility calendar and normally it should have been a safe day. But you know sometimes fertility cycle isn’t as regular as it should be, and when her period should have showed up, it never did.  Two weeks after the day period should have happened she did a pregnancy test. She prayed for it to be negative. It couldn’t be positive, it wasn’t the good time. When she saw the 2 red lines drawn on the small white window she cried.  It was really not good news. What will she do? She stayed in the toilets for hours but the only solution she got was telling Taemin. Maybe he would know what to do. 

The problem was that Taemin was an idol, a very famous idol, and their relationship was unknown by the fans. They said they’d wait before announcing it publicly, but now she was pregnant. It was really not good news. Her hand dialing Taemin’s number was shaking. She was so scared. The phone rang but no one answered. She felt guilty when she was happy he didn’t pick it up. Then instead she dialed the manager number. He was one of the people knowing about her and Taemin, the others were the members. This time someone answered.

“Hello, this is Ebina Mai, is Taemin around? –Her voice sounded like she woke up from death

-Something’s wrong Miss?

-Is Taemin around?

-He is filming the MV right now. You want to leave a message maybe?

-Where is it? I need to see him.

-I can’t tell you that Miss. He’ll be finished tonight late. You shall meet him tomorrow.

-What time is it? At what time the filming end? I really need to see him as fast as possible. – She begged the manager

-ok let’s say that, when the member will film the solo part I’ll send Taemin to the car. You come here and talk in the car only. You can’t come and see the set.

-Okay! Thank you. Tell me the address of the studio, please.”

The manager gave her an hour and the address of the studio.

*~*~*

The contractions were getting closer and stronger but still no sign of the future dad.  She could see all the new parents being together. Mai could see how fathers were trying to help as much as they could even if they seemed lost, scared or useless. She could see how the mothers were gripped to their hands and killing them with eyes. One even said “You will NEVER touch me anymore! Be prepared Song Hyun Moo!” The poor man was helpless in front of his wife in pain.

“The father is still not here? – asked a nurse

-He’ll arrive, don’t worry, he told me he’d be there.”

The nurse did her checkup and continued with another mother.

“Where the , are you Lee Taemin? –thought Mai.”

*~*~*

She was inside the car with Taemin all so well dress up with a perfect make up.

“What is it? I don’t have much time, I’m sorry. – said Taemin”

Mai had repeat several sentences in the taxi to her way here but only one sounded good.

“Please don’t be angry. I have news to give you. I am … - she took a deep breath- pregnant. – She told him looking at his throat, not being able to look straight at him. “

Taemin smile disappeared for a second to reappear brighter than the sun.

“Really? Really, really?? – he answered her all excited”

His reaction surprised the girl. She wasn’t expecting that at all.

“Is it okay? I mean, it won’t be a problem for SHINee?

-Why wouldn’t it be? – He said unconscious – It is good news, hyungs will be so happy!

-But it will affect your image. We’re not dating officially or married. So a baby …

-I hope it’ll be a boy – He cut her not taking attention to what she was saying.

-Lee Taemin can’t you be a bit serious a moment?

-Let me be happy, okay? It’s going to be hard later and I won’t be able to be happy about this big news.

-… I’m sorry.

-Don’t be. In this kind of affair, both parts are in the “wrong”. Let me talk to the hyungs. They’ll find a solution, okay?  - He smiled to her”

Taemin gave her a forehead kiss and left the car. It was already time for him to leave.

Mai stayed in the car a bit longer inside the car, thinking at how this could be resolve with the less scars possible. Should she be happy or worried?

*~*~*

“Okay Taemin, if there is a time arrive it’s now!”

Her mother was next to her giving her advises. Mai called her because she was a bit scared to give birth alone.

“It’s going to be fine. The doctor said everything was doing well.”

She took a deep breath and gripped the bed cover when a stronger contraction came. They were even more close and intense, the moment when the baby will come out fast really.

“Please Taemin, I need you right now.”

Taemin was at a recording when his phone rang and a little voice came through. It’s was his wife. She sounded in pain and worried. At first he could only hear her respiration then she almost screamed to him that her waters had broken, that the baby was coming! It wasn’t supposed to come that day. The baby was in advance. He panicked not knowing what to do. He couldn’t leave the stage right now. He needed to finish that recording. Work and SHINee were the priority here. He promised her he’d come. He said he will, but will he really be there? He told s and they agreed to record the fastest they could so he could rush to his wife.

2 hours had pass and he was still in the studio. The director was asking them to redo the stage again and again. Taemin was less and less inside it and was doing stupid mistakes. He got his mind back because this work was the most important thing that happened in his life and he couldn’t do it lightly.

“I’ll do only one more take. – He said to the director – I have somewhere to go and it’s getting urgent.”

*~*~*

Taemin talked about Mai and the baby to his hyungs and they all jumped of joy around him. They were teasing him by calling Taemin “Appa!” That day they went out and drank soju all the night long.

When morning came Key talked first. “What are you going to do about it?

-I don’t know. I was hoping that maybe you boys had a solution – said Taemin with a bit of hangover.

-The first thing is telling SM CEO, no? – Hurled Minho

-True, you need to tell him. He will get so mad but he is the one that will find a solution – closed Jonghyun.

-You shouldn’t worry too much Taemin, it’s excellent news after all – Onew patted Taemin.

-I’m not worried for me, I’m worried for Mai. She will come from being invisible to being too much visible and worse hated. I wonder how she will handle that.

-You need to protect her. You are not forced to reveal her face or name. You can keep her away from the light. People that aren’t use to be in the celebrity books, will be broken fast. You need to be her bodyguard. This is a big responsibility to our maknae but I trust you, Teaminnah – talked softly Jonghyun.”

Then Taemin went to the CEO office not really at ease. He tried to explain the facts the more seriously and easy to swallow.

“YOU… WHAT? YOU MADE YOUR GIRLFRIEND PREGNANT? ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME?!

-I’m sorry. It’s a mistake. We did do use protections but…

-BUT NOT EACH TIME AS I SEE! GO OUT! I need time to think. I’ll call you when I’ll have a solution!”

Taemin got out looking at the floor being sorry but having a smile on his face. He was in fact so happy about it. He’ll be a father. He will be able to teach his child how to dance, how to switch from angel face to demon face. He couldn’t wait.

Mai met Taemin at his parents’ house to talk about the “case”. This is how they called the baby incoming. The CEO had called the idol saying that they had to marry the fastest as possible, before Mai belly would be impossible to hide. So Mai greeted her future parents in law and had a lunch to know them and introduced herself. She actually did well because they loved her. The next step was her parents and it would be a harder task.

Taemin came to her house and the girl introduced him to hers. Her father’s expression change directly and he didn’t said a word the whole meal.

“I can’t – He finally said – I can’t leave you to an idol! It’s not a good job. You will be sad and alone all the time. I won’t give you my daughter.”

Mai knew it. Her father was stubborn and always dreamed that her daughter marry a doctor or an engineer. So a singer, it was really a no way.

They both came every day during the whole next week begging the father to let go. Begging to let them marry but nothing worked so Mai used her last argument. She didn’t want to use it because she wanted her father to accept her man for what he was but he was way too stubborn.

“I’m pregnant, and Taemin is the father. If I don’t marry him I will be a shame for you. Will you let me be a mother without husband? – She told him the coldest she could.”

She saw the rage inside his eyes but she didn’t look away. She hurt his pride, she knew it, but it was the only solution at this impasse. The father mumbled indefinite words saying that he was giving up. Mai felt sorry to her father and kissed his cheek.

“I’m sorry dad. Thank you. I love you.”

She rushed into Taemin arms and hugged him the tighter she could. They were getting married.

After that everything went so fast. They announced that they were going out, then one month later that they were getting married always without saying Mai name or showing her face. Some fans hated their relationship and reverberated it into SHINee. This really affected the boy group. They lost a lot of fans but won some too. The most mature fan where defending SHINee and were supporting Taemin. They sent him congratulation cards, cute gifts for his future wife and lot of nice and encouraging fan letters.

For the wedding day fansites sent big flowers to Taemin with for only wife’s name “the lucky girl”. SHINee laughed so much at this cute attention. Mai had 3 months pregnancy and her belly was rounding a bit now. She hoped it won’t be seen too much. They had to take a picture for the media. That will be the only day and moment she’ll be shown to the press so she was bit nervous at everything. She was wearing a long white with pink flowers sleeveless dress. Her hair had been curled and a voile of lace had been clipped in them. Her makeup had been down by one of SHINee staff. The makeup artist was so happy, because for once she was doing it on a girl. She thought she looked like a princess when she took a look at her in the mirror.

The 4 members came to visit her and took a lot of pictures. They all said that she was so pretty and that Taemin will love it so much. They gave her a big “FIGHTING” and left the wife room.

Her father walked her to her future husband and smiled when he gave her to him.

“Please protect her”

The mass went well and Taemin kissed her really softly.

Mai threw her bouquet and Jinki caught it. He was so happy jumping everywhere saying I got it! I got it! like a little kid wining a new bike. The just married laughed at this reaction.

They ate lunch then dinner and it all finished prettily.

*~*~*

It was it. The baby was showing up. The mom’s “door” was enough opened and she was feeling like pushing it out without even thinking.

“It’s coming! It’s coming! THE BABY’S HERE!”

*~*~*

They announced Mai pregnancy shortly after the marriage, and bought a house to live together. Surprisingly fans took it really good and where guessing the of the baby. Saying how it would be if it was a baby girl or if it’s was baby boy. They didn’t asked if the baby was girl or boy, they wanted to be surprised on D-day. They weren’t hiding anymore and where going to the gynecologist together most of the time. Taemin loved to see this little being growing healthy and cutely. He was always moved when the sound of its little heart was audible. The husband was always smiling so brightly. While Mai was worrying, the baby was getting really big and it needed to come out one day.

Her belly was rounding and rounding. One day she felt the baby foot. She thought it was the cutest thing she ever lived. She could actually feel her baby. The night when Taemin came back from work she took his hand and put in on her belly. When Taemin felt it too his eyes shine the brightest. He even played with the little foot laughing like a kid. Taemin was really the happiest and so was Mai when she was watching him.

*~*~*

Taemin got freed from the studio and ran to the car.

“Go first! We can wait! – yelled Jinki

-Thanks hyung! – He answered – I’m coming Mai. Hold on it, be courageous I’m coming!”

*~*~*

Mai was doing some grocery shopping when suddenly she felt a strong pain and water falling. She abandoned everything she was doing and called her father. She knew Taemin was busy all the day. Her father told her to calm down and to go the hospital.

“You want me to drive with a baby coming?! – She screamed in the phone – Are you crazy?! I don’t want to die before giving birth! I’ve worked for 9month I don’t want to waste that!”

Her father apologized and told her to take a taxi, they’d care about the car later. Mai took the first a taxi that showed up.

“Where are you going? –Asked the driver.

-Are you ing kidding me? It’s not obvious enough! HOSPITAL! I need to go to the maternity!”

The driver was shocked. What was that woman! He didn’t say a word after that. Everything was annoying to Mai. Her legendary patience had disappeared. It was not the day to be polite and everything. It hurt like hell and she was panicking.

Once inside the hospital hall, doctors and nurses took care of her.

It was 10 a.m., first signs of childbirth.

*~*~*

7 p.m.

The baby was finally coming. It was near the end. Mai was no more anxious, all she wanted was to get rid of that baby ripping her body apart. The doctor came and measured her cervix.

“Yes it’s time – he ended to say.

-NO YOU THINK? – yelled Mai.”

When suddenly a voice entered the room, a voice she knew, Taemin voice:

“Don’t scream at the doctor like this! – He frowned at her – I’m sorry doctor.

-It’s okay, I’m used to that – He laughed.”

He told to the nurses to prepare the accouchement room.

“Finally you are here – Mai sighed holding his hand – BUT YOU’RE NOT THE ONE SUFFERING HERE SO DON’T TELL WHAT TO DO OR NOT!”

Taemin felt the blood leaving his hand with how tight she was squashing it. He got scared and wondered if finally it was a good idea to be here.

Mai’s mom laughed and gave a “it’s normal” look to Taemin.

Soon they came to bring Mai to the childbirth room and Taemin followed.

“You’ll be with me right? Everything will be fine right? – Mai suddenly said to Taemin.”

He saw her little trembling inside his and took it with both hands.

“Yes I am here. I’m sorry, I’m late Mai. Everything will be extra fine! We are living the most beautiful day a couple can live. You are so courageous and strong. I’m sure you’ll de really good.”

He kissed her forehead, and smiled at her. A smile meaning “I know you can do it. You did so well already”.

During the hard work to help baby go out, Mai never let go her husband hand. She cried a bit because she was so tired, she was exhausted but she still needed to do her best. Her baby needed its mom to come and meet the world, to come and meet its father.

Then suddenly a soft cry filled the room. It was finished baby was out. Baby was breathing air for the first time, and it was hurting him a bit.

“It’s a boy! – Said the midwife. – He is perfectly fine! He measure 45cm and weight 3kg. He is perfect!”

She gave it to Mai. She was a bit scared. He was so small, so fragile, and so cute. When he opened his little black eyes and looked at his mother, Mai cried of happiness. It was the best day of her life.

“Hello little boy, welcome into the family –She told him softly.”

She then looked at Taemin who was smiling like if he filled a whole Tokyo dome for the 3rd time.

“You want to hold him? – Asked Mai.

-I don’t know, it’s sca…”

But Mai put their baby inside the arms of his father before he had time to end his sentence. Taemin looked at the precious little creature in his arms. His head was as big as his hand.

“What is this cute thing? – Taemin said chuckling.”

He caressed the cute baby cheek with his thumb. He was so happy. It’s was so much better than a concert, so much better than dancing.

“Your son. – answered proudly Mai – Please take care of him because I worked so well until the end.”

They looked at each other and laughed. They were so happy.  

They didn’t really know how a baby can be an evil creature...