Chapter 8

My Nightmare, Your Sweet Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(updated on May, 9)

 

“Taeyong, you shouldn’t sleep here!” I shook Taeyong’s arm. Actually, it’s not that I don’t want him sleeping here. I just want him awake and explain to me why I am important for him. Is it such…. important as friend? Like Yuta is important for me?

Yeah, I’m that kind of girl who hates feeling curious on something, or wondering on something and making the false assumptions. So, I always talk straight to the point. Taeyong called me honest and direct, but I’m not too honest actually. I just like to confront everything that budging me.

Meanwhile Taeyong always make everything more complicated than it should be! He loves playing with words, twisting questions, making people around him confused.

The last time he came here, he said I was his sweet dream, although he said it when he was drunk. Then when I confront him, he denied it, saying the opposite. So I’m sure if I confront him this time, he would twist his words again. It makes me can’t understand him fully. He hides behind the paradox.

I sighed, decided to let Taeyong sleep. I don’t have appetite to eat, so I just put the bento on the small desk beside my bed. I put pillows between Taeyong and me, then lay down on the other side of the bed. “If you cross this line, I’ll kill you!” I know he can’t hear me, but I still saying it. Funny how I can experience something clichés and say something lame like the heroine on the dramas that Yuta always watched. Everytime Yuta comes here, he brings a lot of drama DVDs, forcing me to watch it together with him, so we’ll do drama marathon until night, but I always sleep in the middle and skip many parts.

Damn! I know those dramas are deadly poison! I’m not the heroine, and Taeyong is not my hero. He will never be! It’s too ridiculous!

In a drama, hate can turn to love easily. In the real world, it’s not as simple as that. It’s so much more complicated. I’m sure I will never fall in love with Taeyong. Like I said before, it would be the joke of the year!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

I woke up at 5 pm. When I turned my face to the left, Taeyong had gone. I rubbed my eyes, and then my fingers touched something weird. Taeyong put a sticky note on my forehead!

Your snore waking me up! And your sleeping habit is really bad, So Hyun! You kicked my waist and legs! It hurts! Buy me chocolate tomorrow so I’ll forgive you.

I crumpled the note and threw it to the floor. I reached my phone, writing message to Taeyong.

So Hyun : Jerk! I never snore! And who told you to come here and sleep here?! I know I can’t stay still while I’m sleeping. You’re lucky I didn’t kick your “thing”, or else you won’t be able to have child in the future!

Surprisingly, after I scolded him last week because of his ignorance for phone and his love for silent ringtone, it made Taeyong always reply my messages quickly since then.

Taeyong : You should take responsibility then!

So Hyun : Don’t sleep at my home anymore! Seriously, why are you coming here if you just want me lending you my bed and my sofa?

Taeyong : Hey, I cook pasta too!

So Hyun : Today you didn’t!

Taeyong : I brought bento!

So Hyun : It’s not pasta!

Taeyong : You always tease me because of my obsession love for pizza, but you don’t realize your own obsession love for my pasta? Really funny.

So Hyun : It’s PASTA! Not YOUR PASTA!

Taeyong : You said my pasta is the best!

I know his pasta is the best, but I never told him that! How could he know?

So Hyun : Who said so?

Taeyong : You. In your sleep.

So Hyun : Really?

Taeyong : Yeah. And you said you have unconditional love for me.

So Hyun : Jerk! Stop telling me lies! I will never love you!

Taeyong : Good. Because I will never stand sleeping next to you anymore. You’ll crush my bones! I pity your future husband.

So Hyun : My future husband will find a way to make me sleep peacefully.

Taeyong : Yeah. He should tie up your hands and legs with rope, so you won’t punch and kick him, or worse…murder him.

So Hyun : Did I really kick your waist and legs? You’re not joking?

Taeyong : You take every words I said as a joke, don’t you?

So Hyun : Blame you and your untrustworthy tongue!

Taeyong : See it yourself tomorrow! Stop texting me! I’m driving!

I snorted and threw my phone away. Lee Taeyong made my mood awful.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

The next morning...

When I arrived at my English class on the 3rd floor, Taeyong had sat on his usual table in the last row, near the window. He never sits on the front rows, nor pays any attention during lessons, but always gets good grades. If not become the 1st, then 2nd. His strongest competitor is our student president, Byun Baek Hyun. But Baekhyun is a bookworm, and he listens to the teachers well. I really envy Taeyong’s brain!

Taeyong had his headphones on, as if shutting himself down from everything around him. Girls, as usual, stared at him lovingly from afar. They’re clever enough to not get too close to Taeyong when he is in his bad mood. His aura seemed dark and gloomy. But I walked closer to him, sat beside him, and poked his waist lightly. He yelped in pain, turned his head from the window glass, glaring sharply at me.

“What the hell?!” He hissed angrily.

“Why so grumpy in the morning, jerk?”

Taeyong turned his gaze away. He looked really sad and lost, as if he was a puppy who had been abandoned by his owner on an empty street. I bet something’s bothering him right now. His family issues, maybe?

“I slipped on the stairs this morning. I guess it’s karma for kicking your waist and legs yesterday.”

Taeyong turned his head again to me, smirking. “Serves you right, clumsy! Did you hurt your legs too? It must be more painful than me.”

I shrugged. “Not really. I’m strong. Not like someone.” I glanced at him, snickering.

Taeyong scoffed. “Who said I’m hurt?”

I poked his waist again. Taeyong pressed his lips tighter, maybe holding in some nasty curses. I laughed. Actually, I made up the story. I didn’t hurt myself this morning. I just want to , and its better seeing him like this than being gloomy and sad like before.

“See? You’re a crybaby!”

“I’m not!”

I opened my bag. “Put this ointment on your waist, you’ll feel better. And put this chocolate in your mouth, you’ll feel calmer. I’m sorry for kicking you yesterday.”

“It’s not your fault. You didn’t kick me. I lied.” Taeyong whispered.

I want scolding him but hold myself as I saw his painful gaze. “What happened then?”

“I didn’t show up in the board meeting, my father gave me punishment.”

I looked at him worriedly, didn’t dare to imagine what kind of punishment he received. “Are you okay?”

Taeyong shrugged. “It’s nothing. I had worse before.”

“Did it happen yesterday? Because you fell asleep and forgot the meeting?”

Taeyong shook his head. “No. On Monday.”

My eyes widened. “So when you came to my home yesterday…, you were in pain? You should tell me earlier!”

Taeyong smirked. “Why? So you’ll let me sleep over at your place?”

“Yeah. Whenever you can’t sleep at your home because of your father, you can sleep at my home.”

“I thought you hate my presence.”

“I am. But I endure it. Because of your delicious pasta.” I grinned playfully.

Taeyong chuckled. Mission complete! I had succeeded distract his sad thought.

“Taeyong, being weak is so not like you. And… gloomy face is not suits you. Being a jerk is better. I can’t call you gloomy boy, jerk! That’s weird.”

Taeyong laughed, his head hit mine unintentionally. We didn’t realize how close our head to each other because we’re talking in a whisper, afraid if other students listening to our conversations.

I rubbed my forehead. “I swear your head is harder than rock!”

“But I’m genius, not like someone.” Taeyong glanced at me teasingly.

“At least I’m pretty. Not ugly like you.”

“Oh? You should wear glasses then! Everyone agrees how attractive my face is.” Taeyong smirked cockily.

“They should wear glasses, not me! So they’ll see how ugly you are!”

Taeyong tilted his head, leaning closer, looking straight into my eyes. “You have pretty eyes.”

I scoffed. “Stop your poor flirting technique, jerk! I will never call you handsome even when you call me pretty.”

“I didn’t say you’re pretty. It’s your eyes. Oh, and I didn’t call myself handsome, but attractive. So you think I’m handsome?” Taeyong held in his smile.

“In your dream!”

 Taeyong laughed. Final mission completed!

I stood up to going back to my usual table in the middle rows beside Kang Seulgi, but Taeyong held my wrist. “Sit with me.”

“But you never sit with anyone!” Taeyong always sit alone in every class.

“I will sit with you from now on.”

“Why should I?”

“Because I’m attractive. It’s an honor to sit with me. Everyone wants to get this privilege.”

“But I’m not!”

“Why? Are you afraid you’ll fall in love with me?”

“Heck! NO!”

“Sit here then.”

“Fine! But if your fans bullying me, you should take responsibility!”

“Don’t worry. I’ll stay by your side 24 hours.”

“That’s worse! Don’t do that! It will freak me out.”

Taeyong just laughed louder, gaining curious stare from other students. Some girls whispering and glaring at me angrily. I sighed. Great! Goodbye my peaceful school life!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

To my surprise, Taeyong brought 2 bento. He gave one for me after English class over. We had different class after English. I had Biology, meanwhile Taeyong had art. And we would have the same class again on Chemistry later after lunch break. I took a peek inside the bento. Its salmon sushi today, meanwhile he gave me chicken fried rice and salad yesterday.

“Are you always cooking meals by yourself? Not your maid?” I asked him as we walked side by side.

“It’s more hygiene.”

“Thanks, jerk! For bringing me this. I guess I had successfully tamed you?”

Taeyong rolled his eyes.

I giggled. “But… why are you giving me this now?”

“In case you want to have lunch with your friends later.”

“You can come with me. Let’s eat together with my friends! The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter