Chapter 5

My Nightmare, Your Sweet Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I dragged Taeyong until we had walked far enough from the cafeteria.

“Go get another coat in your locker. I’ll put this in my club and bring it home after school.”

“You don’t have to wash it. Just… throw it away.”

I scoffed. “Taeyong, I know you’re rich. But…throwing away your uniform coat just because of some juice is really stupid! I’ll wash this at home and bring it to you tomorrow.”

“Why are you willing?”

“Let’s just say…because I feel guilty. I guess you don’t remember, but I remember you throw away your new shoes when I unintentionally dropped my ice cream on them. It happened when we’re on our 2nd grade elementary school. You threw your shoes to the trash bin and just walked in your socks, waiting for your driver to pick you up in front of the gate. At that time… I really hate you. You didn’t even give me a chance to apologize. You just threw your shoes away right in front of me, and walked away after telling me to get lost from your sight in a very hurtful tone. Now finally I know why you did it back then. So, let me wash this coat instead.”

For awhile, we were just looking at each other without saying anything. I break the silence with “Go, you don’t want the teachers caught you walking around the school without uniform, unless you want detention.”

I turned my body, music club was located in the South, meanwhile boys lockers located in the North, but before I took my first step… Taeyong grabbed my arms. His grip was tight.

“Wait!”

I turned around again, looking at his nervous gaze. I never saw that kind of gaze before in his caramel eyes. Taeyong always looked so confident, arrogant, cold, anything but weak and nervous. His gaze was always looked so distant, unreachable. Now when he let me see another side of him, I could see his resemblance with his older sister. He looked nervous but pure and warm at the same time.

“I’m sorry for what I’ve did back then. And…thank you, for helping me now.” He said it softly. If I’m not mistaken, this is my first time receiving the genuine ‘thank you’ and ‘sorry’ words from him.

I nodded. “Okay.” I thought I need to say some more sentences, but my tongue locked.

The atmosphere was weird. I need to run away from this awkwardness! Thanks God, the bell rang, saving us. We both turned away and ran quickly to the opposite direction without saying anything, because although we’re not the straight A students, we’re still sane enough. Who’s in the right mind wants detention?!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

The next day…

I sent messages to Taeyong, asking him to meet me in front of the school gate before class started so I can give him back his coat, but I didn’t get the reply.

I texted him again before lunch break, asking him to get it from me at music club, because I would be there during lunch. But I still didn’t get the reply, nor did he come.

So I tried calling him before the last subject of the day was started, but he didn’t answer. Did he forget to bring his phone?

At 3 pm, right after the bell rang, I rushed running to his class. I don’t want bringing his coat back to my home! I can’t leave it at my club too. What if his fangirls stole it? FYI, there’re a lot of his fan girls in music club! And it’s not like I could put his coat in his locker too! Our lockers were locked. Only the right owner has the key. It’s to prevent bullying such as torn and ruin other student’s book / belongings inside the locker, making her/his clothes wet, etc…like what you’ve seen on the drama. So, don’t expect gifts and love letters too inside your locker!

I leaned my back on the wall, waiting for Taeyong. He walked out from his class, surrounded by girls, like usual. I didn’t call him right away. I want to know where he was heading to. I’ll just give the coat when the girls had left him. If they’re not leaving him alone…then…should I call him? But that’ll make some ugly scenes! His fan girls will wonder why I approach him.

Luckily, Taeyong entered his basketball club room. Those girls waved goodbye, screaming “I love you, Taeyong! See you tomorrow! Good luck with the practice!” which was ignored by him.

I stood not too close to the gymnasium. Some girls still took a peek in front of the door, screaming Taeyong’s name, until the basketball’s coach came, telling them to go and closed the door.

I sighed. Guess I’ll just give his coat later.

But before I turned away, my phone rang. Taeyong? So he did bring his phone?! That jerk!

“Where are you?” His voice seemed a bit deeper and huskier than usual.

“In front of basketball club room!” I said coldly. “What’s wrong with your phone? I’ve been texting you many times since this morning!” I raise my voice.

Taeyong hung up. I can’t believe it! How dare he hang up on me!

But then I heard Taeyong calling my name. “Kim So Hyun!”

He ran to me. He wears his basketball uniform which show off his biceps. His brown fluffy hair looked a bit messy.

“Where’s my coat?” He said it as if nothing wrong. Helloooo! I’ve been texting and calling him since this morning but he never answered me, and then I asked what’s wrong with his phone, but he hung up, then now he just wanted his coat without saying sorry first, or at least give me an excuse!

I threw the plastic bag to him. “Here.”

He got the bag before it dropped to the floor.

“Did you put your phone in your club room during classes?” I asked, still curious and annoyed.

Taeyong shook his head. “No. In my bag.”

I scoffed. “I guess ‘silent’ is your favorite ringtone!” I said with sarcastic tone.

“Yes, it is.”

I thought Taeyong was just joking, but looking at his serious expression… I bet he’s not.

“And you never check your phone?”

“Why should I?”

“So why do you have a phone then?!”

“Because my dad bought it for me.”

Grrrrr! I want to kick him hard! His answers were logic, but it got on my nerves.

“Well, I don’t care with your obsessive love for silent ringtone! But… for your information… I hate waiting and assuming! So put a REAL ringtone for my call!”

“So, you’ll call me again?”

I shrugged. “Who knows? We’re still partner in Chemistry project.”

“Ok.”

I took a deep breath, calming myself. Angry to him was totally useless. He didn’t take my words seriously. Or maybe he was just like that. Other people’s feeling is not important for him. Maybe he didn’t care if others annoyed or angry or sad or so on because of him. Tsk! That cold rude jerk Lee Tae Yong!

“I’ll treat you lunch tomorrow.”

“Oh, being generous are you?” My tone still irked.

“You’ve helped me wash my coat.”

“Okay. But tomorrow I won’t come to school. There’s a band competition.”

Taeyong frowned, confused. “So you sing? Or… playing violin? I remember you played violin when junior high school.”

I shook my head. “No. I produced the song. The band will perform it.”

Taeyong was staring at me. I smirked. “Why? You don’t believe me?”

Taeyong shook his head. “I believe you. It’s cool.”

I don’t know if it was a compliment or just a sarcastic saying. Taeyong’s face was blank, and his tone was just flat.

There’s this uncomfortable atmosphere around us, full of tenseness. Taeyong broke the silence, “Whenever you want to take my treat, just tell me. I’m just a call away.”

I rolled my eyes. “Only if you see your phone.”

“I’ll set the ringtone for your call.”

I stared at him doubtfully.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

Wednesday. It’s a big day!

NCT band looked really nervous, waiting for their turn to perform on the stage. I was trying to make them calm. “Chocolate for you, guys…” I gave each of them one of my favorite chocolate bar.

“Thanks.” Ten turned his head at me, smiling. He still looked nervous though.

“Thanks.” Taeil put the chocolate into his pocket. His eyes glued on to the stage, looking at other contestants.

“Open it for me. My hands are shaking.” Yuta smiled playfully.

“Noona! I don’t want chocolate! You bring sushi, right? Feed me sushi!” Jaehyun pouted.

Grrrrr! Those brats! I hit Yuta and Jaehyun’s arm hardly, but still did the favor.

“Guys, relax. I know you’ll do well. This competition is just a piece of cake. You guys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter