Chapter 6

My Nightmare, Your Sweet Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day, Taeyong and I had the same English class in the morning. Then we would have the same Chemistry class in the afternoon after lunch break.

Before English class was being started, Taeyong asked me to help him change his bandage. So, here we’re, at music club. We’re here, because it’s risky helping him in front of his fan girls. Music club usually empty in the morning. I told Taeyong to just rest today. No need to come for school. But Taeyong insisted. He didn’t want to skip the English quiz today. I think I know the reason. His mother’s demand, to be the number one in everything.

“Ouch! It hurts! Can you be more gentle?!” Taeyong scolded me when I was applying the ointment to his forehead before put the bandage.

“I’m being gentle now! Don’t be a crybaby!” I scolded him too.

“Are you sure you have washed your hands?”

“I’ve washed my hands cleanly! Now…shut up and let me finish this!”

“You shouldn’t be a nurse or doctor in the future. Your patients will hate you for sure.”

“I won’t.”

Taeyong nodded. “Good. What do you want to do in the future then?”

“I don’t know. You?”

“I don’t know too.”

“I think I’ll just make music. Or maybe going to a good university like what my parents want me to, but still keep doing music of course.”

There’s a big smile on Taeyong’s face, which is weird. But maybe he was still sick, so he smile and laugh a lot, like yesterday.

“That’s good then. It must be nice being you.” Taeyong mumbled softly. But I sill could hear it.

“Do what you want, Taeyong.”

“It’s not easy.” His smile was gone now.

“Obey your parents, but still do what you like. You said basketball and dancing are your passion. Keep doing them until forever if it makes you happy. I hate my parents too, sometimes, or often, depend on the situations. But I stand up for myself. I told them what I want to do. I’m not a robot, I do have feelings too. So do you. Have you ever told them that you love basketball and dancing?”

Taeyong shook his head. “No. But they know I play and dance.”

“They’ll just think it’s your way to rebel. Try to tell them that you love playing basketball and dancing. Maybe they’ll compromise.”

“How about you? Did your parents compromised?”

“They let me join the music club. But…still told me to go to Seoul University, taking science major and become professor like them. You know how bad my grade is! Being a university professor is impossible!” I chuckled. “I just said yes to them, so they let me doing music now. But actually…I don’t want to take science major later. I hate science! If I should go to university… I would take music or art. So, now I’m trying hard to prove myself on music, I guess. Maybe if I had a lot of trophies as composer or pianist or violinist… my parents would change their mind.”

“You’ve won awards on junior high school, right?”

“Hmmm. But it’s still not enough to prove myself.”

“Good luck then!” Taeyong smiled.

“Good luck to you too! Prove yourself in front of your parents, Taeyong.”

“I will. Hey! I think you’ll do well as a psychologist.”

I laughed. “Oh, poor my clients then.”

The bell rang. “Let’s go, Taeyong!”

We walked side by side to our class, gaining curious stare from other students. Well, I don’t care. There’s nothing wrong walking together with my frenemy (friend and enemy), right?!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

On lunch break….

“Yuta, I still feel bad.” Yuta was sitting next to me at the library. I’m not a library person actually. But this is the only place where I wouldn’t bump to Ten, Taeil, and Jaehyun. Well, I still feel guilty to my band mates for leaving them yesterday. I know they won as a runner up, but still… the fact that I didn’t stay there with them making me bad. Yuta is the best of my best friends, so I choose to talk to him first. I even ignored my cousin’s questions.

“They understand your situation. It’s okay. It’s just… what should I say? Hmmm, shocking. You chose Taeyong.”

“No, I didn’t.” Then I told Yuta the complete story, starting with the call I received from the nurse. I skipped Taeyong’s personal information though.

Yuta nodded. “We don’t blame you, really.”

“Really?” I looked at him with full of hope.

Yuta ruffled my hair. “Believe me, they just want to share the happiness with you. Let’s meet them! You even haven’t seen our trophy directly.”

“Yeah, I just saw the pictures on our group chat.”

“Come on, Hyun! This is not like you. Be brave, like you always do!” Yuta smiled warmly, giving me my confidence back.

I sighed.

“Take my hand. You’ll be okay.”

 “Okay.”

Yuta held my hand as we walked. I still felt nervous.

“I bet Taeil Oppa still mad. This is his last competition in high school, but I didn’t be there for him. Ten too. He asked me to record the performance, but I didn’t!”

“Don’t over thinking, So Hyun. Taeil hyung and Ten never mad at you.”

I took a deep breath. “I hope so.”

On the way to our club, we crossed our way with Taeyong’s. Our gaze met for a second, but we didn’t say anything.

“This is interesting.” Yuta giggled.

“What is?”

“Taeyong looked at our hands.”

“So?”

Yuta shrugged. “Interesting. Hey! You worried Ten and Taeil would be mad at you, but you don’t consider my feeling at all! I feel so hurt!”

“Really?”

Yuta nodded. “Hmmm. Let’s watch movie after school. Your treat.”

“With the others?”

“No. Just us. Your last class is chemistry, right? With Taeyong?”

I nodded. Yuta’s smile grew bigger. “This would be interesting.”

“I don’t get it.”

“Hahahaha….of course you won’t get it!”

“4D boy!”

“Thanks, honey!” Yuta winked.

“Don’t honey me! FYI, Yuta, girls hate if their boyfriend calls other girls honey, baby, and other flirty nicknames. Please consider your girlfriend’s feeling.”

“She is in Osaka. She wouldn’t know. Besides, you’re not just another girl. You’re my best friend.”

I sighed. “That’s why! It’s because I’m your best friend. If I were her, then I’ll hate me.”

“What do you mean?”

 “Aaarrggghh! You won’t get it! Why do boys so clueless about girls’ feeling?!”

“You have feeling for me?” Yuta grinned playfully.

“That’s not what I mean! Geeeezzz…. I’m lucky you’re not my boyfriend!”

“Ouch! You hurt my ego.”

“Stop it, Yuta! People looking at us weirdly!”

Yuta ignored me and just kept teasing me.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

 

The bell rang. School was over. I expect Yuta would be here, like what he had promised.

There he was! Leaning on the wall in front my class like some sort of idol / model.

Okay, He is handsome. I agree. He has fans too, although not as much as Taeyong’s. But before today… Yuta was never as clingy as now, so being around him was okay. Now…it’s totally not okay!

“Hey, honey!” Yuta greeted me, smiling wide and winking his eyes. Girls were looking at us curiously. Not only girls, but also boys, including Taeyong too.

 “What the hell, Yuta?!” I whispered to him while glaring my eyes sharply.

Yuta put his arm around my shoulder. “You told me you’ll treat me movie, remember? I’m so excited.”

What the is wrong with Nakamoto Yuta?! He talked as if we’re dating. His tone….eeeewww! So cheesy!

Before I scold him, he was calling Taeyong. “Hey, Taeyong! Want to join us watching movie?”

Taeyong’s gaze was cold as usual. “No, thanks.” He said to Yuta. Then he looked at me. “You finally got your crush like you back. Have fun then.” Taeyong smiled, but the smile didn’t reach his eyes. Then he walked away.

“Oooohh, interesting!” Yuta laughed like a maniac after Taeyong left. “Eh, but I’m confused. What did he mean with your crush like you back? He thought I’m your crush? You told him you have crush? YOU HAVE CRUSH ON SOMEONE? WHO? WHY YOU NEVER TOLD ME?! I THOUGHT I’M YOUR BEST FRIEND!”

“Sssssshhh!” I covered Yuta’s mouth with my palm. “Shut up!” I dragged Yuta out of the crowd.

Now, Yuta’s gaze was serious and stern. “Spill it.”

“What?”

“Who’s your crush?”

I sighed. “Why did you do that? You thought Taeyong has feeling towards me? Yuta…that would be the joke of the year! I’m still mad at you, Nakamoto!” I pierced through his eyes coldly.

“I’m sorry. I thought Taeyong is interested in you. I guess I’m wrong?” Yuta turned to be the cute Yuta again.

I nodded. “Don’t do that again!”

“Okay, promise!” Yuta grinned. “Anyway, who’s your crush?”

“You have no clue?” I thought Yuta would know.

Yuta shook his head.

I took a deep breath before spilling my secret to him. “I think… I like Ten.”

“Ten? Wow! Really? But you don’t look like someone who has feeling for him!”

“Really?” I asked him back.

Yuta frowned. His tone turned serious. “What is this? Does my instinct is wrong this time? Why? I thought you’re interested with Taeyong. Vice versa.”

“Nakamoto Yuta!”

“Are you sure you like Ten?”

I nodded. “I think?”

“You doubt your feeling. So Hyun~ah, admiring someone and liking someone and loving someone is a totally different thing! You want my advice?”

“No, thanks!”

Yuta laughed. “Hey, I’m a loyal boy. You know I’ve been dating my girlfr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter