Chapter 12

My Nightmare, Your Sweet Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll pick you up later, sweetie.” Kai pecked Soo Jung’s lips before walking away with his younger brother to the parking lot. Soo Jung waved her hand and then turned her heels away, approaching us.

“Kai will come over to my house later. Come on!” Soo Jung grabbed my arms. Taeyong and my brother had been waiting us inside Taeyong’s car. My brother seated on the passenger seat, so that’s made Soo Jung and I seated on the backseat.

Taeyong turned his head and glanced at me, secretly asking for help. I only answered him with a warm smile and a pat on his shoulder.

On the way to Soo Jung and Taeyong’s house, Soo Jung never stop talking, telling us many things about Netherlands and how she liked it very much staying there with her new boyfriend, Kai.  

I could sense how much Taeyong tensed whenever my brother looking at him without saying anything, as if evaluating him and the way he drives. I thanked Soo Jung silently for being talkative and lessened the tension inside the car.

I felt pity for Taeyong. I know my brother so well, and I know he didn’t dislike Taeyong at all.

 I think he was being too much, pretending like that. But I know better to let it off rather than confront him right away. My genius brother always had a way to let people know about his real feeling. I know he was plotting something for Taeyong. Yeah, I didn’t like it, but I didn’t blame him. Taeyong is my first boyfriend after all. I just never knew my brother had this side too.

“See you later, Joon Myeon Oppa!” Soo Jung waving her hand after Taeyong helping her bringing her luggage inside their home.

“Let’s hangout sometimes, Soo Jung.” My brother gave her his famous smile.

Now, after Soo Jung left, the atmosphere inside the car was being heavier. So, I initiated the conversation with my brother to divert his attention from Taeyong, but I failed. He always had a way to include Tayeong in our conversation. But it’s not really a conversation, more like my brother interrogating Taeyong like how a detective interrogating his suspect. Taeyong would only answer him tensely.

“Did you already prepare your clothes for camping?” Finally, after asking a lot of things about Taeyong, my brother changed the topic. But….

“How could you know I’ll go camping, Oppa?”

“Jaehyun told me. Actually I want to surprise you in the camping site. Never expected this would happen.”

“That brat! Now he is being sneaky. He never hides anything from me before. Ugh! Oppa! If I know you’ll come today, I’ll prepare your favorite food!”

My brother chuckled. “That brat knows how to keep secret now. He never told me about your boyfriend too.”

I groaned. “That’s not a secret! It’s just… it’s not been that long since we’re being a thing. I intend to tell you on my next email.”

My brother nodded. “I’ll still coming to camping site. It must be fun going camping with high schoolers.”

I laughed. “You love being the eldest!”

“Nobody will notice I’m the eldest. I have baby face!” My brother winked.

“I couldn’t agree more.”

“You look younger than me too.” Tayeong added.

My brother laughed. “Well, you have a good sense, Taeyong.”

Taeyong smiled. It made me smile too. Glad knowing Taeyong could relax now.

“Taeyong, what do you want to do after graduating from high school?”

Oops! So, the ‘interrogating talks’ had not ended yet? Didn’t my brother being too much for asking a lot of personal questions at the first meeting?!

“Oppa, come on! Let’s not talk something heavy like future… dream…”

“Its okay, So Hyun.” Taeyong reassuring me. His eyes still focusing on the road, but he answered my brother’s question confidently and calmly. “I used to hate the idea of being the successor of my father’s company. All I wanna do is just dancing and playing basketball. I thought it would be cool being a professional player.” Tayeong smiled before continuing his words. “But then I realized, I’m not that good playing basketball. I’m not the best. It would be hard for me to become a pro and to make a living from it. But strangely I’m good in studying and handling my father’s company, maybe because I’ve been trained since I was kid.”

“So, you’ll become your father’s successor? Even you hate it?” Asked my brother.

Taeyong nodded. “Yes. I used to hate it, but not anymore. No after I had been thinking further to 5 years later from now… 10 years later... 15 years later. Being my father’s successor is the best option for my family’s well being, as well as for my father’s pride.”

“You’re a good son. But aren’t you being too hard to yourself? You let go off your dreams easily?”

Taeyong smiled. “So Hyun told me to never let go off what I love the most. I love playing basketball and dancing, and I will never let them off of my life. I will find a way to keep my dreams alive. Maybe I could build a new business under my father’s company? Something related to dance and music.”

My brother patted Tayeong’s shoulder. “You’re mature for your age. I like your way of thinking. That’s good, Tayeong! Yeah, sometimes in life we should adjusting our dreams with our own capacity and talent. But it doesn’t mean we should stop chasing after our dreams. We could always make our own way. You know what’s my dream? I want making a really cool animation movie like finding nemo, lion king, etc. But my parents disagreed. I know it’s hard making a living from it in our country, and I don’t have enough talent to pursue it. I might be genius in science, but I’m really in drawing or making story. So, I decided to become a veterinarian since I love animals so much. I never forget what my dreams are. While I interact a lot with the animals, I keep thinking about how if the rabbit could walk on his two feet? What if the wolf becomes the hero? What if the lamb becomes the villain? Etc. I have wild imagination about animals, and I shared the ideas w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter