Chapter 7

My Nightmare, Your Sweet Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(updated on May, 7)

 

I tossed around on my bed until 4 in the morning. I couldn’t sleep. I kept thinking of what Taeyong said before.

“But you’re my sweet dream.”

What did he mean? Aaarrggghhh! I hate assuming things! I should confront him later when he awake. But, will he remember it?

I decided to walk downstairs, drinking water. Taeyong was still sleeping peacefully on the sofa, but the blanket was on the floor. I sighed, put the blanket back on him. For the next 15 minutes, I was just sitting there, on the floor, beside Taeyong, staring at his pale face. His mouth opened slightly, and his breath was steady. Surprisingly, watching him sleeping was calming me.

Soon my eyelids became heavy. I yawned 3 times. Strange how watching Taeyong sleep making me sleepy.

I rested my head near Taeyong’s arm and closed my eyes.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

I don’t know why I found myself on my bed. As I remember, I slept while sitting on the floor, beside Taeyong. Maybe he carried me here? It’s so nice of him. I never expect him being nice like this.

I groaned. It’s still 8 am. That’s why my head hurts! I didn’t get enough sleep!

I closed my eyes again, but I can’t sleep. Weird. I usually wake up after 12 on Sunday. Is it because of Taeyong? He shouldn’t sleep over here and ruined my sleeping schedule!

I walked out of my room. Taeyong was no where to be found. Where is he? I can’t found him anywhere, but still can see his car parked in front of my house.

I ran upstairs and grabbed my phone, dialing Taeyong’s number. It didn’t take a long time for him to answer me this time. Good. So he really had put a ringtone for my call.

“Taeyong, where are you?”

I swear Taeyong was smirking cockily right now. I could sense it based on his change of breathing and his tone when speaking. “Why? Miss me much?”

I scoffed. “You’re annoying, that’s mean you’re sober now.”

“Why are you awake? Is it because you can’t find me beside you? Did you have a nice dream last night because of me? You’re skinny but so heavy, you know!”

“Geeez! I didn’t ask you to carry me to my room!”

Taeyong laughed. “How can you sleep like that? How’s your neck? It must be hurt sleeping like that. I woke up at 6, surprised to see you sleeping like that on the floor. And for your information, you’re drooling on my arm!”

“WHAT? NO WAY!”

Taeyong laughed harder. “I have proof!”

“No way! You’ll freak out if I drool on your arm! You’ll screaming like a girl and waking me up. So, don’t try to fool me, jerk!”

“Why so grumpy, miss clumsy?! You need more sleep.” Taeyong was teasing me. If only he was here in front of me right now, I would kick his legs hardly.

“Where are you exactly?”

“Just taking a walk, then buy groceries. I’m hungry and craving for kimchee jigae.”

“Oh, you’ll cook here? Okay then. I’m going back to sleep. Anyway, the pass code is my birthday.”

“I know.”

“How did you know?”

“A girl like you wouldn’t put a difficult code.”

“What do you mean with the girl like me?!”

Taeyong just chuckled.

“Okay, whatever, jerk! I’ll go back sleeping. Don’t forget to clean my kitchen after you used it later. After that, then go home. No need to wait me awake, because I feel like sleeping until evening.”

“You sleep a lot like a hibernated bear! Okay, bear, just sleep, but don’t regret it later, because I will make pasta seafood too.”

I groaned. “Ugh! Make a plate for me!”

“If you sleep, then no.”

Damn! He sure knows how weak I am for pasta, especially his pasta. Since I taste the pasta he made at his home 2 weeks ago, I couldn’t find the better pasta anywhere! His pasta is the best! He should become a chef in the future!

“Fine! I won’t sleep again! You better buy a lot of shrimps and squids!”

I could hear Taeyong’s laughter before ending the call. I decided to wait him at the kitchen, sitting and resting my head on the dining table.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

I woke up because of the nice smell. Kimchee jigae? It makes me hungry.

“Why did you not wake me up?”

I saw Taeyong standing in front of the stove, stirring kimchee jigae in the big pan.

“I tried to. But it’s not easy waking up the hibernated bear.”

I didn’t feel like arguing him back, so I just stood up and walked closer to him. “Where’s the pasta?”

“Will you help me? No? Then just sit and wait patiently.” Taeyong seemed annoyed.

I grinned. “Okay, chef!” I made a salute with two fingers and walked back to the dining table, resting my head while staring at Taeyong’s back.

Suddenly, I remember something. “Taeyong, what do you mean with… I am your sweet dream? You said it last night before sleeping.”

“You’re my sweet dream? Please don’t delude yourself! Why should you be my sweet dream?” Taeyong answered me, a little bit too fast. His back was facing me, so I couldn’t see his expression.

I shrugged. Maybe I’m just over thinking. After all, last night Taeyong was drunk. “Right! We both are each other nightmares, aren’t we?”

Taeyong didn’t say anything. I closed my eyes again. Dozed off for I don’t know how long.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

“So Hyun, wake up!” Taeyong shook my shoulders.

“Can I eat the pasta now?” I mumbled, half asleep.

“No.”

I groaned. “Then wake me up later!”

Taeyong chuckled. “Seriously, what’s wrong with you and your habit sleeping while sitting?! You should sleep on your bed!”

“You told me to not sleep!” I said louder, eyes still closed.

“Wake up, brush your teeth, then you can eat the pasta.” Taeyong held my wrist, and then dragged me to the bathroom. “Wash your face too!”

“ALRIGHT, MOM!” I glared at him on the mirror.

Taeyong just laughed and left.

I sighed. Why Taeyong’s life is so well organized? He woke up in the morning, doing exercise, and then having breakfast. I bet he had taken a bath too, I can smell his nice smell when he dragged me here earlier.

Meanwhile I sleep and eat whenever I want. I sniffed my hair. Ouch! I think I should take a bath and wash my hair.

“DON’T SLEEP IN THE BATHROOM!” I could hear Taeyong’s screaming.

“I WILL TAKE A BATH FIRST! DON’T EAT MY PASTA!” I answered him loudly.

After that, all I could hear was just Taeyong’s snicker. I could imagine how his expression at this moment.

Taeyong is my nightmare! But… is there a nightmare who cooks you the most delicious pasta in the world?

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

Usually, I love Monday because I’d have the same class with my best friend, Yuta, from the first until the last subject. But not this time. I just wanted to skip Monday if I could!

Yuta’s smile was dangerous. I could sense his eagerness, right after I took the first step in to this classroom.

“Tell me…tell me…tell me…” Yuta ran to me and shook my arm eagerly. He was staring at me cutely. I know I can’t resist Yuta’s charm. He has the talent to make people trust him, adore him, and do anything he wants. But a part of me told me to not spill everything about what happened yesterday. Not because I don’t trust Yuta, but I’m not sure with what had happened between Taeyong and me. I hate him, but I don’t hate him. He is not my friend, but I let him slept over at my house, meanwhile my best friends had never done it.

Yuta still smiling widely at me, waiting for my answer. I sighed. “He came, we had pizza, then he left.”

“That’s it? Nothing interesting?”

I nodded my head without looking at Yuta’s eyes, pretending to search something on my bag, feeling bad because I lied to him. I don’t want Yuta making any assumptions of Taeyong’s behavior around me. It would make me expecting and wondering.

Maybe I always see everything in black and white before. But after knowing Taeyong more, I started to see the gray one. Everything appeared black

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter