Call Me Daddy

It's You, Baby
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Kai smiled as Minseok snuggled into his chest as they both slept on the latter bed after the tearful confession. Minseok was tucked perfectly under his chin and Kai believed no other would fit him like Minseok do. Kai woke up as he felt cold and realised he was alone.

“, was that just a dream?” Kai mumbled as he closed his eyes to return to sleep. If he could only feel Minseok’s warmth in his dream, so be it. He tried to go back to sleep when he felt something or rather someone was climbing onto his chest. Small hands were then rolling and pinching his cheeks trying to wake him up.

“Wake up, Ka Yi! Mommy makes pancakes! With blueberries!” Teoh screamed at his face. Kai opened his eyes slowly and smiled as soon as he saw Teoh’s face an inch away from his. It’s not a dream after all. He caught Teoh and played aeroplane with the boy. Minseok flinched in spreading his batter as he heard laughter filled the whole house in early morning. He was happy as he was sorry for both of his precious boys. He thought he made the right choice but listening to the laughter like music in his ears, he regretted for not able to have it for all these years. The house finally felt like a real home. He was so deep in his thoughts until a hand wrapped in his to flip the pancake on the pan.

“You almost burn the pancake, Minseok!” Kai chided him with Teoh in his other arm.

“Sorry…” Minseok apologised as he continued to cook the pancakes.

“It’s just a pancake,” Kai comforted him while getting Teoh away from the stack of done pancakes.

“It’s more than just a pancake,” Minseok mumbled to himself.

“What, Minseok?”

“Sit down, breakfast is ready!” Minseok replied instead. And the sight of them happily munching their breakfast made Minseok felt he was forgiven already.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Minseok, does Teoh know?” Kai initiated a conversation sometimes at noon when Teoh took a nap.

“Knows what?”

“That I’m his father,” Kai asked hesitantly.

“He only knows a Kim Nini, but I show him your photos. I was frightened at first when I found out you two had met. But he seems not recognising you. I’m confused too,” Minseok pondered on why his son didn’t recognised Kai as they stare at his photo every night before the boy goes to sleep. Teoh is a smart kid, he could memorised all the cartoon characters he had watched, why not Kai?

Dissatisfied with the answer, Kai demanded the photo Minseok shown to Teoh. Minseok went into his son’s room stealthily to get the photo on the boy’s study desk. Kai was horrified, he whisper-screamed as he saw his photo.

“Even I wouldn’t recognise me. Why would you choose this photo out of others?” Kai asked as he looked at the photo of him and Minseok sporting bowl hair cut during their early years of dating.

Please log in to read the full chapter