Found & Lost

It's You, Baby
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Don’t you at least have courtesy to call before you suddenly land early in the morning like this?” Baekhyun was eating Kai’s ears off with his nagging. Kai guessed dating Jongdae made Baekhyun a nagger too. Of all the habits, must he picked the annoying one, Kai snorted.

“Sorry Baekhyun, but I got a huge favour to ask you and it can’t wait. So can you help me?” Kai began as they settled in the car driving back to their rented apartment.

“Speaking of favour, can you do me a favour by babysitting Teoh today? That kid misses you so much and I miss Jongdae too. We’re supposed to have a date today but Umin hyung suddenly got an urgent business so please?” Baekhyun gave Kai his infamous puppy eyes that irresistible to everyone especially the renowned dog lover, Kai himself.

“Fine, you’re lucky I miss Teoh too. So about the favour, you claimed you got everyone’s contacts right? Can you find me a Kim Minseok? He’s four years older than me and a monolid beauty,” Baekhyun almost burst out at the last information but hearing the serious tone of Kai, he held it in.

“Really? Monolid? Out of all characteristics, you gave me monolid?” Baekhyun had to ask the significance of that last piece of information.

“Because his eyes are the true beauty. No other Kim Minseok would beat that. Ah, forget it, just find him for me okay?”

“Sir yes sir. I’ll ask everyone for you. Don’t worry, you’ll find him,” Baekhyun assured Kai as he noticed the worried look plastered on the handsome dancer’s face.

 

 

 

 

“Ka Yi!” a shrieking scream was heard about few metres away from where Kai and Baekhyun were sitting. Soon Jongdae with Teoh hand in hand appeared into their sight. Kai smiled as he saw the little boy but frowned a bit when he caught the boy shouting papa many times to Jongdae. Why did he call Jongdae papa? Or did he call me papa? Kai’s mind loved to overthink nowadays and Kai couldn’t stop it from being curious. Kai held out his arms and the moment Teoh ran into his embrace, Kai felt complete. He might exaggerate a bit, but that’s how he truly felt.

“His mom will pick him around six or so. This is his bag with tissues, water and some snacks if he ever asks for it. Don’t get too far because I said to his mom to pick him at this specific playground,” Jongdae explained but both Kai and Teoh were too lost with each other to care. Kai bid the lovers goodbye before going into the sandbox with Teoh. They played around for some time until Teoh’s whine stopped them for a snack break.

“Papa, papa,” Kai was shocked when Teoh called him that name as he was ransacking snacks for the boy from his bag. The boy didn’t really appreciate the delayed action so he got his snacks himself. Kai put the boy into his lap as he enjoyed his cookies.

“So who’s your real papa? You called Ricky, Jongdae and now me? Are you a player?” Kai shook the boy’s body playfully earning big laughter from Teoh.

“Nini. Kim Nini daddy,” Teoh answered after both of them done laughing. Kai couldn’t hear it properly assumed it was a lisp.

“Ricky?  Of course it’s him, why was I disappointed?” Kai played with Teoh’s hair when a call from Junmyeon suddenly in.

“Jongin, good news! I asked some people and they know where Minseok is! You wouldn’t believe it!”

“Where is he, hyung?” Kai cut Junmyeon before the man could reveal the news.

“He’s in Jeju!” Kai was hyped up as the information sank in. But his hype died down as he heard the familiar voice calling for Teoh. He snapped his face to the source of the voice and got both of them frozen seeing each other. His phone fell from his grasp and Junmyeon’s ramblings were abandoned. Kai felt like dreaming.

“Minseo…” his voice got cut by Teoh’s loud ‘mommy’ and the boy ran to Minseok as soon as Kai helped him up from the bench they sat on. Minseok picked Teoh into his arms reluctantly but his gaze stayed still on Kai. Kai walked closer to the figure he dreamt on every night. His hand moved to touch the once chubby cheek he loved the most but stopped mid air.

“Nini, I…” Minseok tried to talk but his throat got choked by the sob he fought to let out. Minseok’s voice brought Kai into realisation that Minseok was fine and healthy with a family on his own all these years. While he must be the only one who s

Please log in to read the full chapter