The Boy

It's You, Baby
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kai stared at the sea in front of him. It’s been three years since he stepped his feet on his homeland. The beach reminded him of his young days. Happy days. He took a deep sigh and began to munch some fried chicken his manager bought earlier. The man had gone finding for some drinks but never returned. He sighed again before taking a bite of his favourite food. Baekhyun is a lot of things but he has been his company in ups and downs in being an artist. As he was enjoying his drumstick, he noticed a little stare not far from him.

“Hi, little boy,” he waved at the source of the stare. The boy didn’t reply his greeting but his eyes never leaving the drumstick on Kai’s hand. Kai finally understood the boy’s look.

“You want some chicken?” Kai asked the boy and he immediately nodded and went straight to Kai’s side. Kai gave him a piece of the fried chicken. The boy took it and sat down beside Kai to enjoy the food. The way he enjoyed the chicken brought smile to Kai. He noticed they ate the piece in the same way.

“What’s your name, little kid? Where are your parents? How can you be alone here?” Kai asked many questions but only replied with some giggles. Kai pat the kid’s head as he watched him ate. The boy’s smile reminded him to the smile he missed the most. Kai loves kids, he always has but this little boy managed to bring his affection and warmth out from his cold and nonchalant appearance he had practised since the heartbreak years ago. Their moment was disturbed by a frantic scream of someone who then barged in and took the chicken away from the boy’s hand.

“Kim Teoh! Where have you been little monster? How can you take stranger’s food?” the man with high cheekbones kept nagging about stranger and food and whatnots. The little boy; Kai now knew his name is Teoh, began to tear up as his chicken was taken. Kai who can’t be dealing with people who steal other’s chicken, explained the real situation.

“Sir, with much respect, I gave the chicken sincerely with no bad intention attached,” he said to the man who still whined to the little boy.

“I’m very sorry sir. Did he disturb you? What if your mother knew about this, Teoh? I’ll get scolded again,” he stopped whining and gave the chicke

Please log in to read the full chapter