Chapter 14

Ten Days

The next day was again, full of stress. Because of college apps, V didn't have time to look at my speech. I mean I could have punched him, but I had no energy.

 

I almost fell asleep during AP Lit or as I call it AP . Kwon was extremely boring today. I had no energy to participate and it was basically silent..

 

The stats test was extremely tedious. We hadn't done real math in stats yet so everything conceptual. The process for each problem had steps and each step had conditions. God damn, did my hand hurt after writing so much for each problem. There were 15 problems too.

 

By study hall, I was exhausted. Completely exhausted. I rested my head on the table and closed my eyes.

 

“You OK, Wendy.” I snapped my head up. It was Park.

 

I sat up. “Um yeah. I'm extremely tired,” I said while rubbing my eyes.

 

“Ah makes sense. Was it on the Gov project?”

 

“No, I had a stats test last period.”

 

“How was it?”

 

“Fine. Just tedious.”

 

He chuckled. “Sounds like stats. Everyone sit down. The bell went off.”

 

I closed my eyes and rubbed my face. AHHH I'm tired. I scanned the room and made eye contact with Eric across the room. I smiled sleepily. He looked concerned for sec. He furrowed his brow and mouthed “you ok?”

 

I shook my head and mouthed back “I'm tired.” I laid my head back on the desk, still looking at Eric. He slowly nodded in understanding.

 

I smiled back and lifted my head to stare at the wall next to me. Bored, I lifted my head to look out the window.

 

I looked at the kids sitting outside on the classes across the hall. There were so many kids, so a lot of them sat in the hallways. I scanned to my left. The next class was dark; the teacher was out at lunch.

 

I hit the next class to see a familiar sight. Irene, Suelgi, and Dongguk were sitting with Hwasa and Mina. God did Mina always have to look hella hot? Did she want to kill everyone with her looks? I scoffed. Mina was a long time friend and she's definitely gotten pretty hot over the years. I bet you she won the most changed superlative.

 

They were all laughing which was good. Irene seemed to be having a good time. When I realized I had been staring too much, I my music and laid my head back on the desk.



 

“Thanks for the ride, Moonbyul.” She flashed her classic smile. That stupid nose scrunch.

 

“No problem. Hurry up and get your license will you?”

 

“Hey just because you're older than the rest of your class doesn't mean you can push me around,” I joked.

 

Moonbyul laughed as she stepped out of her car. Her two younger brothers jumped out and ran to the door. I stepped out, laughed at the two.

 

“They don't have a key do they?”

 

“Nope. Oppa left them a key but they keep leaving it at home. Idiots.”

 

I chuckled at bit. Moonbyul was the only girl with 3 brothers. I had known them practically my whole life. When we moved up here, our families clicked real fast. Byul is like my little sister. Though an only child, I never felt alone. I always had those idiots. When I was little, I stayed at their house during the day, especially during the summer. Her older brother was the reason I got into video games. You could say I have 4 siblings.

 

“Treat them well, Byul. They'll hurt themselves.”

 

She scoffed. “I hate them both. I'll see you tomorrow.” She walked off and began to yell at her brothers. Cute family. I shook my head and walked next door to my house.



 

Of course I sat down for a few hours to do homework. Only after I played on my iPad and phone for a good 2 hours. When I checked my phone, it was almost 9. I guess I'll eat then.  

 

There was a note on the counter. I had to head out for a late night work run. I hope you ate dinner. I'll be home by midnight. Hopefully. -Mom

 

I smiled. She probably forgot something at work and went out to Mickey D’s.

 

I looked around for some food, but found nothing appetizing. I munched on some chips as I tried to figure out to eat. I ended up settling for the chips and headed back upstairs.

 

I returned to my desk. I had three messages.

 

The first was from V. Went over your speech. I made a few changes.It was good already tho. Good luck.

 

I smiled and responded. Thanks V. See you tomorrow.

 

I checked my next text. It was from my mom. Want anything from McDonald's? I laughed. I was right.

 

Yeah. Just get me some cheeseburgers.

 

Before I could check my next one, V texted back. K. Have fun. I could feel the sarcasm. I rolled my eyes.

 

I checked my next one. My eyes widened and I froze.  I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. A chill went throughout my body. The feeling in my stomach began to build. Before long, it reached my head. My cheeks burned. Embarrassment? Why did I like it so much?

 

Got time to talk?

 

Irene.