Chapter 9

The Marriage Rule

“But will you be a heartbreaker?” she asks wearily.

Donghae gives her a short and mesmerizing smile, says nothing and cups her face with his little sweaty palm out of nervousness, he closes his eyes as he inches his lip closer and closer to finally meet her sweet lip. He can feel her lip pouts against his lip at first before curling into a little small smile.

“You know you have been breaking the rules,” she says immediately after breaking apart their short while kisses reluctantly.

“Rules are meant to be broken,” he tells with a smirk.

Suddenly, he takes her hand and places it on his heart. “Can you feel my heart beating?”

“Of course it is beating,” she teases and laughs.

He frowns and is disappointed with her lack of seriousness to be honest. She notices how his expression changes after her answer.

“Pabo! I can feel your heart beats very fast,” she admits, gazing into his pair of charming eyes. She loves his pair of eyes.

A small shy smile forms on his face. “I just want to let you know that my heart will only beat for you and only you. I have no idea when or how but you manage to crept into my heart, making it skip beats and pounds when I am with you. I am not a heart breaker; I promise you with my heart, it will only consist of you and only you. I love you. Will you accept me as your boyfriend, your future husband to be?” It was another heartfelt confession to her.

She listens attentively to every words he said. Her tears start to form in her eyelids. She is too overwhelmed by everything right now. She feels his sincerity in his words for you and how can one not touched by it. She decides not to beat the bush anymore.

“Is this a marriage or pure boy-girl relationship proposal?” she rubs her unfallen tears.

“Both but for now, I want it to be a pure boy-girl relationship with you,” he stares at her nervously for her answer. He has never felt this nervous before, this is his first time declaring love confession to a woman.

He notices her lip pursed into a thin line and looks into his eyes, before giving a small nod and agreeing to be his girlfriend. No words can describe how ecstatic he is right now.  

“You do know that I can never really hide or run away from you, my boyfriend,” she adds, giggling.

“I know,” he gives a sneaky smile to her.

“I can never get enough of your kisses,” he claims her lip once again and then breaths with their forehead leaning against each other.

“Cheesy,” she jokes but she loves it, his kisses and everything. Everything he did made her heart beats.  

“And this,” he takes out a piece of agreement of rules listed before from his coat pocket. He tears it into 4 fragments and grins, “we do not need these rules now.”

~

“Ooo~ what is it that I am seeing right now?” Tiffany smirks, her eyes darted downwards at Donghae and Jessica entwined hands.

“This,” Donghae proudly shows their entwined hand up.

“We are officially dating now,” he informs belatedly and winks at Jessica.

Jessica has been blushing a lot lately because of his actions towards her. She is not used to being having so much love given to her by him lately. It was only just a week since they confirmed their feelings and the week was greatly spent with him, showering her with loves and care. Her love for him has deepen as each day passed by.

“Yes, we are officially dating now,” she confirms with a grin.

“Oh god! Congrats!” Tiffany is not surprise of the news because she believes they will eventually fell in love. She feels genuinely happy for them and pulls Jessica for a tight hug. “I am so happy for you to able to find your true happiness.”

“Congrats to both of you!” Siwon sends his congratulation too. “You two definitely progress so much faster than we thought.”

“I’ve heard from Halmeoni that you will be holding engagement party first,” Tiffany taps her chin and Jessica nods. “This means we will need to get new dresses and attires for both of you.”

~

“Look at my dearest grand-daughter,” Halmeoni spreads her arms and examines Jessica from top to bottom. “She is so beautiful tonight,” she compliments.

A tinge of pinkness surfaces on her cheek. “Halmeoni,” she pouts cutely. Today is the day.

“My dear,” Madame Jung embraces Jessica, eyes glistened with joyful tears. She is very proud and happy for Jessica.

“Halmeoni, you promised no tears,” seeing her grandmother tears made her want to tear up as well. Today is the engagement day and the Jung Enterprise 50th anniversary. The day had finally arrived.

 

Many had gathered in the huge garden beautifully and thoughtfully decorated by Tiffany and her workers. Classical music are played by the orchestral in the background, others are served with champagne and drinks, patiently waiting for Madame Jung appearance.

“Halmeoni,” Donghae meets and greets Madame Jung, bows politely. He arches his neck slightly to the left, and shoot a wink at Jessica who is standing meters away behind Madame Jung.

Jessica walks to the front and links her arm around her grandmother arm. “Annyeong,” her body do a small wave.

Donghae tries to stifle a laugh, “Annyeong to you back.”

Halmeoni giggles at their cute interaction. She has made the right choice in bringing them together. “It is about time, we should go and meet our guests now.”

Jessica heart is smiling at how her hand fits nicely into his hand. “You are so beautiful tonight,” he whispers into her ears.

“So I am only beautiful tonight?” she eyes him playfully.

“No, you are always beautiful but today you are glowing,” he pecks on her forehead.

“As cheesy as ever,” she blushes.

“But you love it when I am cheesy to you,” he tightens their grip.

“Are you nervous?” he asks, they are standing at the edge on the stage watching Halmeoni making her speech.  

“A little, to be honest,” she replies, she is always shy in front of big crowds.

“Thank you to each and every one who came and attend tonight. Besides celebrating the 50th anniversary tonight, I have another happy announcement to make. I am sure by now everybody had known about the news I am going to make, this is about my only grand daughter, Jessica. I am glad to announce my granddaughter engagement to the grandson of the Lees’ family, a close family friend of mine, Donghae. Let’s welcome them to the stage,” she has a wide grin plasters on her face and the rest applaud for their appearance.  

“Everything will be fine,” he kisses on her lip and together hand in hand, they make their way to the stage. His kiss gives her assurance.

Flashes everything to capture the moments of the newly emerged couples.

“Donghae, I am entrusting my only dear to you. I hope that you will treat her right, treat her the best, love her and take good care of her, she may not be perfect but in your eyes, she will be,” Madame Jung says to Donghae and take their hand, holding it in her grasp.

“Halmeoni, I promise that I will treat her right. In my eyes, she is my everything, I am thankful to have be with you,” he glances at Jessica who is staring at him back. They smile sweetly at each other. It is as similar as giving their vows to each other.

“And Jessica, treat my Donghae right, love him with all your heart. Be a good spouse and helps him morally and physically,” Madame Jung advices her.

“I will,” she gazes at him lovingly and intently.

“Halmeoni, for once, I am so happy that you make the right choice for me. I will be happy and blissful with Donghae,” she hugs her grandmother. Despites all the arranged meet up with other men, Donghae is the only one who made her heart flutters and she is glad it was him.

Likewise for Donghae, whom never had thought Jessica will be the one for him, is the only one for him. After spending times with her during their Singapore stay, it makes him realize how attractive she was, how she made his heart skipped. The moments they shared may not be long, but he was certain she was the one.

When you meet the destined one, you can never run away from it.

Suddenly, Donghae takes a step back and kneels down with one feet, he takes out a little small jewel box from his pocket. Jessica gasps when he opens the box, lies in front of her was a sparkling diamond ring. It was totally unexpected, she never thought he would propose to her.

There he finally says the magic word, “Jessica Jung, Will you marry me?”

Without hesitation, she nods and tears roll down her cheek. He slips in the ring into her finger and it fits perfectly. Together, they seal their promises and loves with kisses, witnessed by their close one, families and friends. The guests roar with congratulations for them.

“I love you,” they declare their love within the muffles of their kiss, wrapping their body close and tight together. “Thank you, my husband.”

Who said arranged marriage was that bad? This is their happy endings. 

The End.

***

Completed!
Hope you have enjoy reading.
Many loves to you who had subscribe and upvote and leaving loving comments. 
It may not be the best ending, best moments of them. 

Thank you. I will concentrate on my other stories now.