Chapter 8

The Marriage Rule

I have fallen in love with you, Jessica.

Take a rest and think over your feelings for me.

Jessica rolls on her bed and her inner self is screaming aloud, Donghae words keep ringing in her mind. She has been staying inside her room ever since Donghae love confession to her. She places a hand on her beating heart in hope to will it steady.

Is he for real?

These feelings she is having now are foreign to her. Her heart is fluttering like butterfly and her mind is blowing away with the kisses. She cannot stop thinking about it.

Do I like him not? She is still very unsure with herself. The rest of the day she lies on the bed, decided not to step one foot out of her room and gives a serious thought on it.

~

Jessica lazily flutters her eyes open and stretches out her arm, the very next morning.

“Morning,” all of a sudden she hears Donghae voice.

Am I dreaming?

She averts her gaze down to the edge of her bed and shrieks in surprise, quickly sits up on her bed. He is smiling charmingly at her when she rapidly blinks her eyes with confuse and astonishment.

“Donghae?” she rubs her eyes, she must have been still in her dreams, dreaming too much that he appears right in front of her now.

“How’s your ankle?” he removes the duvet and checks on her ankle immediately. The touch has confirmed that she is not dreaming but is reality.

“Um. The swollen has subsidies,” he looks at her, relief.

She draws back her ankle and hides it below the duvet. “What are you doing here? How long have you been here? Why did you enter my room without my permission?”

“Woah,” he laughs at the questions thrown to him. “I am here to have breakfast with you and Halmeoni. I am here for about half an hour, watching you sleep is a joy,” he winks and continues with the last answer, “Halmeoni lets me in to your room.”

“Ah~ okay. I will go wash up now, I will join you all in a while,” she stands up and pushes him out the room, she feels highly unsecure with her morning face now.

“Do you need help?”

“No thanks, I can walk now, you see,” she shows him that she is walking normally and carefully to the bathroom.

Just when she thought he is already downstairs, he’s not. He is leaning against the door with his arm crosses below.

“Why aren’t you at downstairs?” she asks.

“Yah!” she punches lightly on him when he suddenly carries her in bridal style. “Let me down!”

“Don’t fidget!” he scolds.

“Let me down,” she wiggles her legs and struggles within him.

He suddenly kisses her on her lip. “What are you doing?” she stares at him blankly.

He kisses her lip again with a smirk. “Move or talk again, I will kiss you.”

“What?! You should stop kissing me without my permission.”

He kisses her again and this time she blushes. He carries her down the stairs and joins Halmeoni in the dining table. Halmeoni is very delighted to witness the sweet moments of them. She feels like she has made the best decision of match making them together.

“I am not a patient, I can walk myself,” she pouts and glares at him.

“I like carrying you and love kissing you,” he whispers in her ears and pecks on her cheek.

She blushes again and her heart is literally melting inside. “Aigoo. You guys are progressing so much after the trip to Singapore,” Madame Jung swoons gleefully.

“Deh Halmeoni, I am thankful to the trip, we have gotten so much closer,” Donghae winks at Jessica.

He should stop expressing his charms.

She looks down on her plate and eats the breakfast quietly, avoiding his stares on her. She can feel his intense stare and he stifles a laugh when he catches her stealing a quick peek at him.

Jessica Jung, you are too adorable.

“So how’s the preparation for the wedding?” Madam Jung checks.

“We have already chosen our attire for the wedding dinner. We left the guest lists, photo shoot, the venue of the wedding and its decoration,” Donghae answers with a smile.

He certainly knows more than me.

“I am glad to hear that. I am trusting Tiffany to assist you guys in your preparation,” she nods. “I was thinking of announcing your engagement officially and hold an engagement party instead of wedding ceremony during our 50th anniversary. I don’t want you guys to rush your wedding ceremony and have ample of time to plan out the perfect wedding. But I am also hoping that the wedding will take place within a month after the engagement. What do you guys think?”

“I am perfectly fine with Halmeoni decision,” he says, completely on her side.

“Me too, Halmeoni,” Jessica agrees.

“Great, I would like to propose the engagement party to be held in the garden behind our Jung Enterprise building, will it be okay?”

“Yes Halmeoni,” the both choruses.

~

“Aren’t you leaving yet?” Jessica turns back, noticing he is following behind her after she assists grandmother back to her room to rest.

“Are you chasing me out?” he pouts sadly. She never sees him pout before and this is the first which she must admit he looks cute.

“I feel like staying home today,” she tells.

“I will accompany you,” he grins.

“But it is boring,” she hopes that by saying that, he will leave. It is not that she dislikes him that she wants him to leave but seeing him, has made it awkward for her especially after the confession he just made yesterday. She needs to think about her feelings for him alone. He is displaying too much affection to her recently.

“It won’t as long as I am with you,” he smiles and suggests watching a movie in her room. She has hangs open. As much as she wants to refuse him, she gives in immediately after seeing his puppy eyes flashing at her.

Since when he has so much ageyo?

~

They sit on the couch which fits the two in without any gap left. Her heart has been beating erratically from the moment she sees him till now. They decided to watch a romance movie, bad choice. They watch silently until the of the show when the lead actor confessed his love to the lead actress.

Too similar.

Yet different.

The lead actress accepted his confession and admitted honestly that she felt the same for him, together they seal the love between them with a tight hug and endless locking lip kisses. Jessica is blushing at the scene as Donghae gulps his saliva down his throat nervously.

“Have you thought carefully of your feelings for me?” he suddenly asks, titling his head towards her. He is nervous to hear her answer.

“I – starting to like hanging out with you, I find our interactions annoyingly cute, your actions made my heart flutter but I don’t know if all these are signs of loving you or not, about your confession…” she honestly tells him her thoughts she had think overnight.

“I am new to this. I have never been in love with someone before so I don’t know my feelings for you,” she adds on embarrassingly.

He smiles and listens attentively. He cups her face with his hand. She blinks her eyes at him innocently. “Tell me how you feel when we kiss,” he closes the gap and they kiss slowly in turn to passionate one.

Her face is flushing red after they break apart panting for air.

“Does your heart beats irregularly like mine when we kiss?” she nods.

“Do you feel like wanting more and never stop?” she nods again very shyly. She must admit the kiss was so good and she enjoys it

“Do you like me?” she bites her lip before giving a small confirmation nod and looks away instantly.

Like is a gentle safe word. Love is a strong commitment word.  

He flashes a wide grin, genuinely happy. He promise to himself he will make her love him not more than how he is deeply in love with her. Unexpectedly, he kneels down on one foot and says earnestly into her pair of glistening eyes, “Jessica Jung, will you be my girlfriend?”

“But will you become a heartbreaker?” she asks warily. 

xoxo.

Thank you for subscribing & upvote <3 you guys!